"Future Iterations" NEED MATCHMAKING

• For the Love of God and All That is Holy, the dedicated competetive scene does their best to keep the competetive aspect around, because we love it, but there really, really, REALLY, needs to be an option for matchmaking in whatever the hell it is you’re doing next. Any future iterations without a matchmaking/ranking function are COMPLETELY and UTTERLY unacceptable.

/mad because we were going to scrim Moorland but now they’re scrimming Meta/LG and we can’t find anyone. And my friends list is only so big.

And it’s pretty gay.

• Game needs 20x more players for matchmaking to even be a possibility. While this game has sold 2.5 million copies and is in the top 50 on steam for copies sold of all time it has poor player retention.

And the game would have to be 100% matchmaking as well. To have a combination of the two there really needs to be closer to 60,000 players concurrently.

You can always make your own game. Click on create game in the main menu. Join via steam freinds.

• How does creating his own game help with getting some other clan to scrim against his?

• Unless it’s actually popular and remains popular forever, no to matchmaking.

• @cienade:

For the Love of God and All That is Holy, the dedicated competetive scene does their best to keep the competetive aspect around, because we love it, but there really, really, REALLY, needs to be an option for matchmaking in whatever the hell it is you’re doing next. Any future iterations without a matchmaking/ranking function are COMPLETELY and UTTERLY unacceptable.

/mad because we were going to scrim Moorland but now they’re scrimming Meta/LG and we can’t find anyone. And my friends list is only so big.

And it’s pretty gay.

1st world problems….

• @Retsnom:

1st world problems….

McDonald’s forgot to make the fries large size. My world has ended.

• matchmaking itself will increase the player counts, id say go for it, worst case scenario only a few noobs use it

• @zombojoe:

matchmaking itself will increase the player counts, id say go for it, worst case scenario only a few noobs use it

Exactly. If the player base gets too small people just stop using it, there’s no downside to having it there. If you look at Chivalry’s reviews on steam you’ll see lots of people rating it down because they died a bunch and got frustrated. CSGO on the other hand has very few negative reviews even though it has at least as high a skill curve because people are matched with their peers and have an incentive to get better. My only worry is that it might attract a lot of hackers if it’s seen as a more competitive game.

• CSGO requires far less skill and is a completely different kind of designed game. People in Chivalry who aren’t willing to stay after getting rekt at 16 aren’t the people this game is designed for, and the low rank servers are the biggest problem for that.

Matchmaking wouldn’t attract anyone, either no one would use it ever and it would be super buggy anyway and a huge waste of precious development time from TBS, or it would split the last 2k people left in this game and it would surely die.

• @SOC:

CSGO requires far less skill and is a completely different kind of designed game. People in Chivalry who aren’t willing to stay after getting rekt at 16 aren’t the people this game is designed for, and the low rank servers are the biggest problem for that.

Matchmaking wouldn’t attract anyone, either no one would use it ever and it would be super buggy anyway and a huge waste of precious development time from TBS, or it would split the last 2k people left in this game and it would surely die.

Pretty much this. As with AOC after they lost 90% of the player base to the Toe2Toe Patch similar to the Patch that should not be named. Once you lose that big of a base, you rarely get it back if never.

Low rank servers have added to this as it does not prepare players for the bigger game and the quit if they get past level 20 or shortly after. Then add far too many official servers to begin with, now you have those of us who actually pay for servers, left empty. You want matchmaking? Try cupid.com

• I assumed we were talking about the possibly incoming Chivalry 2 here because he said “future iterations”. I agree it’s too late for matchmaking in Chivalry 1.

• Iterations. Patches.

• @lemonater47:

Iterations. Patches.

They already said they’re not providing major patches anymore. Reworking the core mechanics (real time swing manipulation was the context of that quote) and releasing it as a patch is surely not going to happen. I’m pretty sure they meant their next game, whether or not that’s the one currently in development.

• You wouldnt add an “s” on the end of iteration if you meant their next game.

Which we already know isn’t chiv 2.

The guy probably doesn’t know about the patches thing either. I thought they weren’t gonna do balance patches. That’s all I heard from them.

• He would’ve said patches if he meant patches tbh. Matchmaking would be a waste of resources in a game that doesn’t even have a fully functional kick.

• @Tyoson:

He would’ve said patches if he meant patches tbh. Matchmaking would be a waste of resources in a game that doesn’t even have a fully functional kick.

You would’ve said patches if you meant patches. You would’ve also said next game if you meant next game.

Iterations is a strange word with can mean either depending on your logic.

• There goes lemon telling other people what they think again.

• @lemonater47:

You wouldnt add an “s” on the end of iteration if you meant their next game.

Which we already know isn’t chiv 2.

The guy probably doesn’t know about the patches thing either. I thought they weren’t gonna do balance patches. That’s all I heard from them.

How do we already know the next title isn’t chiv 2? Did I miss something?

• Its pretty obvious they will make Chiv 2 eventually, but I doubt it will be their next game

• @CRUSHED:

Its pretty obvious they will make Chiv 2 eventually, but I doubt it will be their next game

Why you think that? I mean, they obviously learned from their mistakes in Chiv and now have money, studio, people, experience in melee game etc and now they can make a even better chiv and win even more money!

Its easier then start a whole new kind of game i think, even because playerbase. What do you think they could be doing if not “chiv 2”?