Server Hijacking

• Well I had 3 noobs try and hijack my server. I saw that a few people were in it so I thought I would join, WyvernVanguard, Gandolfo, and MagicBnanaMaster to balance it out and get the server populated. Sure enough as soon as I joined came the VOTE KICK |ĶiĻă| Retsnom. So I simply logged in as admin and said “It is not a good idea to try and vote kick the owner of the server” Of course they panicked and left the server. I should have pause it or map changed it over and over again so they couldn’t close the game…. hehe.

What makes douche bags like this think they can get away with hijacking a server? Silly noobs.

• I will admit that I find their mentality very difficult to understand. It’s just such blatant assholery. No shame at all.

• Awww man…
    I’m disappointed Retsnom. That was a golden opportunity for fucking with some trolls.

Should’ve logged in hidden and mysteriously kept cancelling votekicks and teamswapping them.
    Hotkey some adminchangeteamdamageamount commands so you can, on the fly, receive 0 damage from your troll-teammate while you can teamkill him with 1 single “accidental” punch.

• @Rickvs:

Awww man…
    I’m disappointed Retsnom. That was a golden opportunity for fucking with some trolls.

Should’ve logged in hidden and mysteriously kept cancelling votekicks and teamswapping them.
    Hotkey some adminchangeteamdamageamount commands so you can, on the fly, receive 0 damage from your troll-teammate while you can teamkill him with 1 single “accidental” punch.

You are right, but they didnt stay long… I still have not gotten any of those commands to work correctly let alone hot key them.

• Could’ve made us a good video Retsnom. Either way. You still won this battle.

• I don’t see a reason to hijack a server now that you can start your own listen server ezpz.

• @Xylvion:

I don’t see a reason to hijack a server now that you can start your own listen server ezpz.

People are lazy, stupid and feel entitled.

• This is both a problem on the official servers and on clan servers until enough people join to prevent it

• The people who do it don’t even seem to realize that they’re being ignorant dicks, they seem to think it’s harmless to join a server with some friends and kick anybody who joins. I’ve even had people apologize right after starting a vote kick, like “Yeah I know I’m an asshole but cya later lol.”

• That being said if it happens on an official server, you can report it to any of the official server admins

• Server highjacking? Wow. I have to say,I am constantly surprised by the levels of douchebaggery and dickery there is involved in Chiv. Like yesterday I tried to play and it took close to 22 minutes to find a sever I could play in.

Attempt 1. Log in to a German server,within a few mins someone accuses me of not being me, then kicks me.

attempt 2. I log into to another server, I have a lag spike and go slightly over 100. Vote is initiated to kick me, I explain its just a spike. Did not matter.

attempt 3. Log in to a Team Deathmatch, I choose an archer* 3 deaths in a vote kick initiated, I ask why and its because I was 0-3,never mind the fact I tried to go for the objective.

attempt 4. Log in, choose an archer and a few of my teammates decide to damage me for no reason,I ask to kick them for team damage, they gang up and vote me out

So i guess server hijacking should not be a surprise.

• Say what you want about archers.overpowered or not,some of the behavior I seen versus players who use the class borders on harassment. Its like players go out of their way to fuck with people because. I understand why they do it,they want to harass and prevent players from playing the class and its an ugly side of the community I really hate. I mean just because you dislike a class isnt reason to ruin someone else’s experience. That being said I can also see a good case for kick reform.

• @Oilystool:

Server highjacking? Wow. I have to say,I am constantly surprised by the levels of douchebaggery and dickery there is involved in Chiv. Like yesterday I tried to play and it took close to 22 minutes to find a sever I could play in.

Attempt 1. Log in to a German server,within a few mins someone accuses me of not being me, then kicks me.

attempt 2. I log into to another server, I have a lag spike and go slightly over 100. Vote is initiated to kick me, I explain its just a spike. Did not matter.

attempt 3. Log in to a Team Deathmatch, I choose an archer* 3 deaths in a vote kick initiated, I ask why and its because I was 0-3,never mind the fact I tried to go for the objective.

attempt 4. Log in, choose an archer and a few of my teammates decide to damage me for no reason,I ask to kick them for team damage, they gang up and vote me out

So i guess server hijacking should not be a surprise.

• Say what you want about archers.overpowered or not,some of the behavior I seen versus players who use the class borders on harassment. Its like players go out of their way to fuck with people because. I understand why they do it,they want to harass and prevent players from playing the class and its an ugly side of the community I really hate. I mean just because you dislike a class isnt reason to ruin someone else’s experience. That being said I can also see a good case for kick reform.

Only on Xbox can I imagine people so fucking immature they would tk you for being an Archer. How incredibly sad. That is definitely beyond harassment, kills any fun.

• We have 4 idiots taking over the US WEST Official FFA server right now as we speak, votekicking anyone who joins. Shits so annoying. Should be worth a permaban.

• Vote kick abuse and server hijacking are the main reason I think we need more mods.

• If your going to choose archer what did you expect a medal of honour.? No hesitation exists when
    kicking Archers of any servers. I don’t vote myself as the keys are unbinded due to my left handed
    config made for a lazy knight. If so few players exist on the server then why not find another server.?
    Firstly screenshot names to report to an admin and then leave tbh.

• If a friendly archer hits me in the middle of a fight, I stop fighting my opponent, go to the archer and zweihänder to da face in hope he learns not to shoot on fighting clusterfucks. Shits so annoying what the fuck do they expect??

Worse when they say “YOU GOT IN THE WAY OF MY ARROW”, seriously? Zweihänder to da face is a good answer tbh. Archers love zweiänder.

• @Vanguard:

If a friendly archer hits me in the middle of a fight, I stop fighting my opponent, go to the archer and zweihänder to da face in hope he learns not to shoot on fighting clusterfucks. Shits so annoying what the fuck do they expect??

Worse when they say “YOU GOT IN THE WAY OF MY ARROW”, seriously? Zweihänder to da face is a good answer tbh. Archers love zweiänder.

^ this
    The reason people vote kick for archer is the class is simply not balanced in any way. In addition if servers do not put archer limits on their servers this is also cause for kicking archers. I recently played on a few servers without archer limits and with a few mins of 60%-80% archers on one team made it impossible to play on them for any legnth of time. Even on my server, I again lowered the archer limit to 3 per side on a 24 player server and at times that seems too many specially when there are only 6 to 8 + players. As usual with the new influx of noobs, when they cannot beat me in melee the always resort to archer. Nothing worse than playing on a 4v4 match with 3 archers against you.

• Too many archers I find means the team with all the archers loses. Even on defence.

• @lemonater47:

Too many archers I find means the team with all the archers loses. Even on defence.

Sometimes but far from always but that is not really the point. It has to do with annoyance of constantly being killed at range with little to no defense. Then once you flank them, archer spam melee FTW.

• @Retsnom:

^ this
    The reason people vote kick for archer is the class is simply not balanced in any way. In addition if servers do not put archer limits on their servers this is also cause for kicking archers. I recently played on a few servers without archer limits and with a few mins of 60%-80% archers on one team made it impossible to play on them for any legnth of time. Even on my server, I again lowered the archer limit to 3 per side on a 24 player server and at times that seems too many specially when there are only 6 to 8 + players. As usual with the new influx of noobs, when they cannot beat me in melee the always resort to archer. Nothing worse than playing on a 4v4 match with 3 archers against you.

Its so sad man, our major server here has 4 archer limit per team. Sometimes, 6x6 or even 10x10, 4 of both teams are archers. Its annoying beyond belief, breaks the game. Melee is always in the middle of archer crossfire, so arrows from both your team and enemy giving you maul damage across the map.

Seriously if you want PEWPEWPEW why not play other game? I mean, Fistfull of Frags has a way more challenging archery and it rewards you a lot for playing such class. I mean, this game has a very solid, fun and complex melee, why to pic archer, that is something a shitload of other games does even better?