[Play test @ 4pm ET] BETA - Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Patch 38

• Developer

Beta testing today (5/25/2015) from 4:00 pm ET to 5:30 pm ET

Help TBS to test out community maps and some extra special new features at 4 p.m. today in the Chivalry: BETA.

We’re also testing out a new community-driven feature: “Follow” the Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Community on Steam to automatically unlock a special in-game name badge and the Muffin Top hat for your warrior - your choice of Agatha or Mason design.

Fixes

Moor:

• Fixed spot on the edge of the map where you could jump on the rocks.
    • Copied over additional blocking volumes for rocks from DW version.

Hideout:

• De-blueing to aid in team differentiation
    • some processing changes for contrast etc.
    • Made water less blue.
    • Grass mesh change.

Shore:

• Recreated landscape to fix floaty collision issue.
    • Added blocking volume along cliff edge in final area.
    • Blocking volumized some rocks near the boat to clean up the collision.
    • Shooting the pillar no longer completes the balliista objective for balance and clarity issues (pillar is no more difficult to shoot but had way less health and with only the pillar down and the gate still up it was causing a lot of confusion with those not familiar with it).
    • Made the ballista hud markers disappear when you’re on a ballista and the pillar hud marker only show when you’re on them.
    • Changed several hud marker icons, ie all standard ‘defend’ markers to a shield.
    • Toned down waves on the beach by the boat so players won’t be randomly swallowed up by waves when they’re not drowning.

Irilla:

• Made boiling oil work.
    • Re-enabled culldistance volumes and set a bunch of manual cull distances.
    • Set cull distances on almost all emitters
    • Replaced some skeletal mesh cloth physics flags (eg. ones inside against a wall) with static mesh flags
    • Moved final non-dungeon mason spawns to in front of the stairs to shorten the run slightly and added one way path for mason at the gate
    • Opened up a new path in the keep courtyard.
    • Some light tweaks in the keep to make paths a bit more highlighted.
    • Modified seagulls so they rotate and aren’t pure black.

Impasse:

• Lightshaft settings: set to not dim the screen so much.

Colosseum:

• TD time limit set to 15 minutes from 30.
    • Big Tower variation giant axe altered to only have an axe blade on one side and pause halfway through rotating to be less unfairly difficult to players walking up the levels, and the damage volume modified to more closely resemble the shape of the axe blade.
    • All the giant traps on the pendulum variation set to explode victims.
    • Fixed ghost hammer trap on the hammer totem variation with no totem in the centre of the arena, the killer volume was still enabled.
    • Added a couple rocks to the oasis.

HordeTown:

• slowed enemy footspeed to be like it is on Crypts

• Lovin that muffin hat, many other new skins aswell… congrats to the creators!

• Fix catapult fast clicks, player falling screams always being Agatha, and fall damage taken voice always being Agatha/usually knight.

I’m already following, how do I get the hat/badge?

• Developer

Hat + badge are in the Customization screen.

• I don’t see either, for any of my classes.

• Screenshots for those interested. https://imgur.com/a/c8emz
    Also there were some skins that dealt no damage. The ones I remember were the Leo Poleaxe, Infidels Bane Messer, and the Kraken Halberd.

• Developer

@muffin_man04:

Screenshots for those interested. https://imgur.com/a/c8emz
    Also there were some skins that dealt no damage. The ones I remember were the Leo Poleaxe, Infidels Bane Messer, and the Kraken Halberd.

Did you get the latest Chivalry Beta patch today? Should all be in there!

• yeah they were all there its just that some of the skins fazed through the opponents and did no damage

• Wooo! Thanks to Memorial Day, I get to actually participate in this. Also Patriot Vash has been set. I want these skins, I am ready to drop a stupid amount of cash on some shieeet.

• Developer

Sorry @muffin_man04, wrong quoted post.

SOC, you’ll need to be sure you’ve got the latest Chivalry Beta patch from today - please let me know if it doesn’t appear though.

• These skins…… sighs and pulls out credit card

• Very nice patch, congratz to all creators and thanks for the hat!

• That’s a fuck load of skins. Guess I’ll buy more shit cuz yolo

• We really need a vote for fixes website. A tiny tiny fix is where the messages say you have failed an objective when you have won it - more than one. I would pay for some fixes - I am sure others would too. There is no other game like this.

I am happy for new maps - but I am not in a hurry to receive them until they are of sufficient quality - we do not want another citadel fiasco.

• @gregcau:

We really need a vote for fixes website. A tiny tiny fix is where the messages say you have failed an objective when you have won it - more than one. I would pay for some fixes - I am sure others would too. There is no other game like this.

I am happy for new maps - but I am not in a hurry to receive them until they are of sufficient quality - we do not want another citadel fiasco.

Citadel still crashes at the end of Objective 2 a lot. At this point, I’m down with more hats because I’ve accepted somethings will just stay broken.

• I don’t know what this is about tbh but do you really think I am going to suddenly drop everything to go and play
    Chivalry Beta ? when you mostly ignore this community TB. ( not mr hayter he is newish). The only muffin I want
    is a cake with my tea or a date that I brings home. Pastry looking hats don’t open my wallet at all.

• @loin:

I don’t know what this is about tbh but do you really think I am going to suddenly drop everything to go and play
    Chivalry Beta ? when you mostly ignore this community TB. ( not mr hayter he is newish). The only muffin I want
    is a cake with my tea or a date that I brings home. Pastry looking hats don’t open my wallet at all.

Muffin hat is free silly boy.

• @ChuckingIt:

Muffin hat is free silly boy.

But he is actually right, muffin hat does not open his wallet,because its free. It does not need opening :)

But anyways,lots of cool skins added to the game,congrats to all the content makers.

• Alright, about time there was some life from TB. Looks like i’m going to actually spend money on skins for once, I wanted the Henry VIII court helmet since I first saw it on the Polycount forums. I’m glad it is finally available.

However, as much as I would like this to be released ASAP, Ithere are a few issues with skins and some maps that I have found, i’m sure there are way more.
    anyway,

• Both new messer skins (Infadel’s bane and Chaos blade) have no tracers and just phase through when attacking. The parry volume is there, however.
    • The Kraken Halberd also has no traces/mesh and phases through everything and deals no damage.
    • The torch pits on Irilla near the warehouses you have to burn down have cool downs of 20 seconds, which is extremely frustrating.
    • The spawn in CTF Colloseum makes the characters all shaky and the ‘oilpot traps’ deal no damage if you stand still.

Also, is there a reason why there are so few helmets available if you are using a dlc skin? barbarian etc? Kind of defeats the purpose of having DLC skins if you can’t use dlc helmets with them.

Anyway, I really hope this patch will breathe new life into this game.

• @playerhayter:

• Added a couple rocks to the oasis.

Thank you.