Don't you stand there help me!

• Guys, today i discovered that FPS affects GREATLY the tracers, look at this shit:

This is a b0ckswing overhead with 5-10 fps, this is a b0ckswing overhead with 50-60 fps:

I can test this easily because when I alt+tab chiv and go back, my fps goes to hell. This made me think on some things like, isn’t this the answer to people complaining that animations are not smooth? I mean, if your opponent is going to overhead you and suddenly his fps drops to 20, his animations is going to be a piece of shit.
    Look at this, overhead with 50-60 fps:

Same shit with 15 or less fps:

What you guys think?

Btw, don’t mind the graphics lol

• @Vanguard:

Btw, don’t mind the graphics lol

That is 90% of it right there. Tell me you dont play at that resolution and FOV… If you do, just kill yourself now and destroy that potato you are playing on.

What you are seeing is client side effects but this could translate as lag to the server. Most people do not understand that network speed/ ping both upload speed and down load speed can and does effect the server as it has to wait for the upload from the lagging client to update and or correct the other player client side hit detection and prediction.

But you are partially correct in the choppy animations as they are related. Client side hit detection/prediction usually does a pretty good job of finishing the animations if you have a fast PC. On your end it should look more like morphing or them disappearing and reappearing.

Still another reason for high ping kickers on official servers max 100 ping

• Those lines aren’t the actual tracers they are indicators showing the tracers. If you have a lower FPS they are gonna update less.

• Well tbh, that would explain why sometimes people swing right through me without dealing damage or my parry registering the attack.

• Mod

i would suggest leaving this game due to crass things such as this tbh. ive been having a stargate marathon for weeks.

• @Tyoson:

i would suggest leaving this game due to crass things such as this tbh. ive been having a stargate marathon for weeks.

Its pretty crass indeed m8, some of these days I was dueling a pretty fucking good guy from my clan that I think he also plays on a potato. In the middle of our duel his animations fucks up, he teleports a bit, hit me with a attack that was impossible to see even what attack it was.
    I ask him “m8 are you ok, seems like the game just shitted itself” he answers “no man its all right, just my fps dropped A LOT but now its fine”.

So yeah I do believe that fps fucks the animation big time. I’m gonna test this better today with my friend, I’m going to create a server with him, make my fps go to hell and see the results

@Retsnom:

That is 90% of it right there. Tell me you dont play at that resolution and FOV… If you do, just kill yourself now and destroy that potato you are playing on.

I do man lol, I even reduced the fov, used to play with 140, now its 135 and its gud I can see forever!

• Mod

people in counterstrike tournaments are banned for that fov

• @Tyoson:

Leave my fov alone, talk about the broken tracer prease :(

• @Tyoson:

Shh, shh…… before he hears you.

• So, I tested with a friend and yes, low fps does break the animations. Not only that, as it makes you “teleport” if your fps drops to 10, 5. Also, what Xylvion said is correct, this might make your hit not land. Isn’t there a way to make the game compensate this? Might make everything more fluid, since I hear a lot of people talking about fps drops even with gud computers!

• Your broken FOV is the reason for your broken Tracers plus probably having a shitty computer which there is no compensation for a potato.

• Hope you are joking about the fov, otherwise you are clueless. Im talking about compensating for YOU, because the fact I play with low fps makes my animations worse for YOU to read.

• Playing on a potato hurts everyone, playing on retarded FOV is exactly that as well. Retarded. Why even play a game that looks like total ass for some mythical advantage? You might as well play with your eyes crossed.

• @Retsnom:

Playing on a potato hurts everyone, playing on retarded FOV is exactly that as well. Retarded. Why even play a game that looks like total ass for some mythical advantage? You might as well play with your eyes crossed.

If it is a mythical advantage, why do you even care? Fov has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with tracers, look at them broken as fuck with “90 FOV way of the warrior Loin mode”:

If playing on a potato hurts everyone, and its impossible for you to force people not play on a potato, shouldn’t this be compensated somehow to not compromise the gameplay of those who doesn’t have potato computers?

• because we are forced to see pics and videos that make me sick looking at it and if there is an advantage then it is unfair and unbalanced to be forced to get used to shitty graphics so you can compete at the upper level and should have been capped long ago. FOV was originally allowed for wide monitors not for tweaking to be Uber Pro try hard.

The only compensation is auto ping kickers as ping and frame rate are related. Not cause and effect as much as related to tickrate/ping/network card/cpu and gpu processing. It isnt hard to tell who is lagging when their ping seems somewhat stable but usually high. Everything else is the client side prediction and where the server tries to make any corrections. Again this is where optimizations and better use of the netcode would be preferable.

• I went from 140->115 fov like 3 months or so ago. 115 feels so much better, far easier for me to drag this way. Took a while to get used to the view though, but I like it.

• @Retsnom:

because we are forced to see pics and videos that make me sick looking at it and if there is an advantage then it is unfair and unbalanced to be forced to get used to shitty graphics so you can compete at the upper level and should have been capped long ago. FOV was originally allowed for wide monitors not for tweaking to be Uber Pro try hard.

The only compensation is auto ping kickers as ping and frame rate are related. Not cause and effect as much as related to tickrate/ping/network card/cpu and gpu processing. It isnt hard to tell who is lagging when their ping seems somewhat stable but usually high. Everything else is the client side prediction and where the server tries to make any corrections. Again this is where optimizations and better use of the netcode would be preferable.

About the useless unnecessary part of your post:

1. There is no advantage, best player I know in my region goes with 110 fov and he kicks everyone’s ass. Why should it be capped? What about mu freedoms? Aren’t you american???
      2)I could not care less if you like or not these graphics, really. Makes you sick? Don’t be such a pansie. Seems like it even makes you mad lol

Now… Optimizations would be gud I think, I don’t really know any other games that if your fps drops, even your movements get fucked and you teleport around!! And mate, we NEED fluid animations in this game more then any other fps game out there.

• @Vanguard:

About the useless unnecessary part of your post:

1. There is no advantage, best player I know in my region goes with 110 fov and he kicks everyone’s ass. Why should it be capped? What about mu freedoms? Aren’t you american???
      2)I could not care less if you like or not these graphics, really. Makes you sick? Don’t be such a pansie. Seems like it even makes you mad lol

Now… Optimizations would be gud I think, I don’t really know any other games that if your fps drops, even your movements get fucked and you teleport around!! And mate, we NEED fluid animations in this game more then any other fps game out there.

Actually there is a visual advantage of 130+ fov with the floaty arm BS, it basically lets you see behind you when you do those dumbass 360 bullshit swings of fail. Those rarely catch me unless I am backed up against something and I punish them severely with a well timed OH.

Doesnt make me mad, I feel sorry for you that you feel you need to look at shitty stretched out graphics that makes you feel all pro when you clearly have a potato and will not see the real beauty of the game. And even more so that you and other share videos with that FOV and it makes the game look like total shit compared to what it is supposed and intended to look like. It is simply nauseating to watch.

Sorry to tell you this but all games where there is a radical FPS drops, yes your movement gets fucked but more so on a POS computer. There are some issues with the animation but computer speed and ping have more to do with it than anything. I recently got a GTX980 and an Asus 120 HZ 1ms refresh rate monitor and the game is so smooth I could never go back to 60 fps. I tried and it is horrible. I used to have a potato and that is why I posted all those graphics INI tweak settings. You can search the forums as there are several that I created. So I understand about wanting to squeeze out every bit of power you can but 130+ fov is nothing but fail. You shouldn’t have to go that far to be “good”

• @Retsnom:

Actually there is a visual advantage of 130+ fov with the floaty arm BS, it basically lets you see behind you when you do those dumbass 360 bullshit swings of fail. Those rarely catch me unless I am backed up against something and I punish them severely with a well timed OH.

Doesnt make me mad, I feel sorry for you that you feel you need to look at shitty stretched out graphics that makes you feel all pro when you clearly have a potato and will not see the real beauty of the game. And even more so that you and other share videos with that FOV and it makes the game look like total shit compared to what it is supposed and intended to look like. It is simply nauseating to watch.

Sorry to tell you this but all games where there is a radical FPS drops, yes your movement gets fucked but more so on a POS computer. There are some issues with the animation but computer speed and ping have more to do with it than anything. I recently got a GTX980 and an Asus 120 HZ 1ms refresh rate monitor and the game is so smooth I could never go back to 60 fps. I tried and it is horrible. I used to have a potato and that is why I posted all those graphics INI tweak settings. You can search the forums as there are several that I created. So I understand about wanting to squeeze out every bit of power you can but 130+ fov is nothing but fail. You shouldn’t have to go that far to be “good”

I don’t think anyone here needs high fov to do backswings, since they are so easy to do and land. Those rarely catches you because you are fighting against incompetent players, as you already showed this in other posts aswell, especially about feinting lol. I’m gonna be sincere here, by your posts you seems to be sort of a mediocre player. I would LOVE to duel you man, really, and see how you read every feint, how your footwork is perfect and how you punish mercilessly backhits.

So you think I use high fov to “feel all pro”? Well I use high fov because I got used to it. When I started playing, I really liked high fov because I could see the whole first person animation, also because in clusterfucks it gives me better situational awareness. You see, situational awareness is the biggest advantage high fov brings and you missed that, thinking about b0ckswings, while these are easily done with any fov.

Now here is the deal, best player I know goes with a really low fov. He has AMAZING situational awareness (better then mine with 135 fov), his b0ckswings are 3rd person level of bullshit and so are his drags. All that with low fov. Does he care if other people use high fov? No. He kicks everyone’s ass anyways. Which lead us to conclude that the advantage that high fov brings is not unfair because you can do the same shit if not even better with low fov.

Now I really don’t give a single fuck on how this game is supposed to look, I NEVER cared about graphics in games and never will.

Idk about other games man, it was never a problem until Chivalry… I mean, look at the tracers pictures (I know you are going to puke because the fov), you simply can’t land a attack if your fps drops! And in this game even good computers suffers with fps drops from what I’ve heard. So everyone gets fucked because tracers goes to hell when fps drops.

Btw I learned to modify the INI by your posts, I thank you VERY MUCH for it man, thanks to it I can reach 60 fps on some maps! Its another thing I don’t understand… Darkforest I get 60-70 fps no problemos, Stoneshill too, now these new maps… Shitty fps beyond belief.

I still fail to see the “oooohh so big advantage” high fov brings. What you say about making b0ckswings easier is total bullshit, maybe for noobs who are learning how to backswing, but on high level play no one needs high fov to do these broken shit.

• Well I never said I was perfect on reading feints or evens back swings. Even the best fall for them or miscalculate an attack or foot work. But the main weapon I play, halberd and now pole hammer, I have always kept my range. Situational awareness is a skill not a cheap INI exploit. I kill it on FFA and TO because I am always looking around, I rarely run in a straight line so that I maintain my situational awareness without relying on a crutch.

Who ever said 360s were hard? they are not but with 135+ FOV you actually see the person behind you at the top of your screen and with practice you can see exactly what they are doing behind you and you can prepare you next move in the middle of executing the 360.

Well I am a graphics person and I cannot and will not play a game that I have to distort to get gud or looks like shit to play. There is no reason too. Guess that is just personal preference. But not landing a hit because of a drop in FPS is a no brainer. As I have said before FPS, ping processing power are all related. If you have a potato but good ping rate the server and other game client are still lagged waiting for your potato to process the data then send it through the nic card and to the server. OR I should say you are lagged and will ghost through players and they through you.