Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Patch 38 (Chivalry Community Fest)

• Developer

Summer is nearly here! You know what that means? Pillagery. Burning, death, sweat and tears. So lock your doors, turn on the A.C. and stay inside with the Chivalry Community Fest.

From May 28 - 31, we’re celebrating the glorious, global Chivalry community with deals, fresh maps, weapons and armor as well as new community perks.

https://youtu.be/NHOsE0IK_2A

Visit the Chivalry Community Fest page

Today, join the Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Community on Steam to automatically unlock a special in-game name badge and an exclusive Muffin Top hat for your warrior - your choice of Agatha or Mason design. A fashionable delight, for Chivalry Steam Community members only!

You and your friends can play Chivalry for free all weekend and take advantage of an 80% off sale.

Don your fancy new Muffin Top in seven new community maps:

• Colosseum by Otreum
    • Forest by Vesanus and Crushed
    • Hideout by Vesanus
    • Impasse by Kulvard
    • Irilla by Massive, Crushed, Elwebbaro and Arson With
    • NoMercy by Perlin
    • Shore by Elwebarro

Plus, try out new community-made weapons and armor:

• Rondel Dagger, a replacement for the Thrusting Dagger
    • Seax, a replacement for the Shortsword
    • Leo Set, an Agatha Knight set that replaces the Pole Axe
    • Hengest and Horsa, a replacement for the Double Axe
    • Final Guard Set, an Agatha Knight set that replaces the Sword of War
    • Court Armor, a Mason Man-at-Arms set that replaces the Broadsword
    • Berzerker Set, a Mason Vanguard set that replaces the Greatsword
    • AwlPike, a replacement for the Spear
    • Flammenschwert, a replacement for the Zweihander

Spread the word, help us meet our goal of 100,000 Steam Community members and all players will unlock a mystery update (that we would call highly avant-garde).

It’s the ultimate Team Objective! Combine arms and unleash this surprise content update together. Enter our competition to share the glorious word and win one of twenty $20 USD Steam Gift Cards.

To cap it all off, we’re having a Trounce Torn Banner public play session where the community can come in and trash the entire Torn Banner team - Friday, May 29 at 6:00 pm EDT. Stay tuned to our Twitter account for details.

So it begins! Welcome to the Fest.

• Finally its there, cant wait to play the new maps with more players :D

• That secret update better contain “come hither” voice command.

• @Kreittis:

That secret update better contain “come hither” voice command.

Please TB, my fav voice command.

You guys forgot to add Crushed to the forest contributors! x)

• Gud TB! I have a friend who as just waiting a sale to get the game!
    Thanks for the update and the maps, they are very welcome!

• Excellent news. One question, did some of the UGC on beta get left out out for some reason ?

• Ugh some of those skins. Especially Final Guard. That sword is so ugly fantasy and does NOT look like Sword of War, tons of visual clarity problems there.

Fix catapult fast clicks.

Great job on the video though, tons of hype especially with Loin’s voice. Super hyped for Come Hither! And I’m excited for more TO maps to pub on. Hopefully Shore isn’t as unbalanced as it originally was.

Are the new maps not live on officials yet? They’re not in rotation, maplist, or getserversdkmaps. I can’t vote them in at all. On official TO servers or official classic, in NA.

• You might reach that 100,000 of the game worked just a tad more.

• More desyncing skins ftw!

• @Xylvion:

More desyncing skins ftw!

Forget that, they actually took the time, oxygen, and calories, sacrificing any sort of productivity or fulfillment in their lives; time they could have spent baking a cake, building a birdhouse, spending time with their children or visiting a sickly relative in the hospital, to make sure that THIS thing actually sees the light of day:

• Oh goodie goodie! So much excitement, so much nerves.
    That trailer is amazing, whoever did the voices gets a virtual pat on the back from me :)

Perfectly timed release for the weekend that I have off work, and I might have to take a break from game dev :)

• Developer

@Vesanus:

Please TB, my fav voice command.

You guys forgot to add Crushed to the forest contributors! x)

Apologies to Crushed, I’ve made edits to all of our posts to reflect this. Unfortunately the video can’t be furthered edited.

There’s been a ton of positive response to all of the new community made content, I look forward to seeing you all on the battlefield again soon.

Also note the Trounce Torn Banner thing tmrw night - would love to see folks from the forums out for that.

• @playerhayter:

Apologies to Crushed, I’ve made edits to all of our posts to reflect this. Unfortunately the video can’t be furthered edited.

no problem :) hope everyone enjoys the new maps - also loving that new zwei skin

• @SOC:

Are the new maps not live on officials yet? They’re not in rotation, maplist, or getserversdkmaps. I can’t vote them in at all. On official TO servers or official classic, in NA.

Where the servers at?

• I’m confused, how come some of the accepted weapons and armor aren’t on the list? I was really looking forward to the Shark, Winged Wraith, and the Circled Princial Cervelliere. Are they going to be added later or did TB decide to cut them out last minute?

• Ok so can you post the exact names of the added maps so I can put them in my server rotation? I am sure you changed the names to some degree. Also is all the versions of Colosseum available? Really wanting to update my server rotation

• @Retsnom:

Ok so can you post the exact names of the added maps so I can put them in my server rotation? I am sure you changed the names to some degree. Also is all the versions of Colosseum available? Really wanting to update my server rotation

Pretty sure that they left Colosseum all intact, just did bug fixes and such. The names of the map files are different however.
    For example, the map files were previously structured like so:
    AOCCTF-Colosseum_p

Now they look like this:
    AOCCTF-Colosseum-CM_p

So they have just added -CM in between Colosseum and _p to avoid map file conflicts with the workshop version.

• I understand that, just want it confirmed with a complete list so I can choose what to add and not have to guess or hunt for it

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\UDKGame\CookedPC\AOC\Levels\CommunityMaps\Round2

look in those sub-folders.

• Nevermind… you want something done right, do it yourself…
    For those who own and run servers here is the new maps…

Colosseum
    AOCCTF-Colosseum-CM_p
    AOCDuel-Colosseum-CM_p
    AOCFFA-ColosseumClassicDuel-CM_p
    AOCFFA-Colosseum-CM_p
    AOCKOTH-Colosseum-CM_p
    AOCLTS-Colosseum-CM_p
    AOCTD-Colosseum-CM_p
    AOCTD-ColosseumPendulum-CM_p

Forest
    AOCFFA-Forest-CM_p
    AOCTD-Forest-CM_p