Everything wrong with this game, and how to fix it!

• Happy to see the first reply isn’t a complete bashing of my idea and also to see I’m not the only one who think this game deserve some fix! I dunno about the revert since I can’t remember every change but some of what you said seem fair enough!

• Start Chiv again from scratch

Hire programmers and make them stay to prevent spaghetti coding

Actually play the game so you don’t have to rely solely on the players for every single balance suggestion

Don’t abandon game at worst imaginable state

Profit?

• I disagree with almost all of your suggestions.

• Chiv doesn’t have enuf memes tbh. Need more of that first

• @swagfox:

Chiv doesn’t have enuf memes tbh. Need more of that first

TB won’t reb0lonce the game, you best bet is Memercs mod m8
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=As1B0S4aeYs&feature=youtu.be

• you disagree with balance?

• Now you kick players from the escape menu -> player list.

• Balance live for pubs, let mercs be balanced for comp

• I think the balance setup is great… Think about the speeds, reach, and health for characters. They can all be super effective in different ways. It’s all about timing for me the only think that really messes it up when I play is the lag. Lol especially when a vanguards running at you, you brace yourself, and yeah apparently he decided to… Yeah charge you and you just appear dead

• @•frogmonkey64:

I think the balance setup is great… Think about the speeds, reach, and health for characters. They can all be super effective in different ways. It’s all about timing for me the only think that really messes it up when I play is the lag. Lol especially when a vanguards running at you, you brace yourself, and yeah apparently he decided to… Yeah charge you and you just appear dead

I think my changes would make the game way more balanced, more about skill and less about lame hitbox exploit

• How to fix Chivalry:

Travel back in time.
    Release game.
    Balance game for 2 months.
    Either A. delete forums or B. ban pretty much anybody who is currently accessing the forums in our Lord’s year of 2015, including myself.
    Not just ban but permaban and literally jihad any alternate accounts; balance council and forum opinion must die at all costs.
    Leave game in solid state and develop maps/community release maps while rebuilding game without spaghetticode.
    Get a server provider that isn’t a POS for new game.
    Develop a decent tutorial with actual competent bot AI, and training servers, in which players can practice mechanics/actual good players can teach them and earn XP or something.
    Release remake with 2 month balance, implementing clashing, fov cap, turn speed cap, no instahits, fix abused overclock issue, just delete 3rd person or rather never even advertise it as a feature to begin with, have official mods that aren’t corrupt as fug.
    Develop an expansion that isn’t muh dadliest warrer, but an actual Chiv expansion in the mean time.
    Spam sales to boost revenue instead of releasing glitchy and game damaging customization.
    Never sell fantasy weapon skins that actually hinder gameplay with wonky animations.
    Never pretend to be updating content while pushing skins by releasing community made maps, many of which are tiny portions of old TO maps.
    Release actual good expansion that will retain players.
    Periodically balance while developing next game.

• Global Moderator

That would actually work. Provided they don’t buff halberd which they had done before.

• Mod

Wait the overclock issue still exists?!

• @Tyoson:

Wait the overclock issue still exists?!

yes unless many ppl are
    a. barely speedhacking
    b. unlocking forward chase mechanic and 0 sprintlock somehow

otherwise how u haven’t noticed fools running around groundsniffing at sanic speeds lookin like airport security dogs is a mystery to me

• Mod

@magilla:

yes unless many ppl are
    a. barely speedhacking
    b. unlocking forward chase mechanic and 0 sprintlock somehow

otherwise how u haven’t noticed fools running around groundsniffing at sanic speeds lookin like airport security dogs is a mystery to me

I used to notice it far more frequently, but I feel it’s far less common and sort of just blamed it on the large drop in server quality.

• I hate that it’s like a legit speedhack, I can name a handful of people who use the OC bug.

• @Xylvion:

I hate that it’s like a legit speedhack, I can name a handful of people who use the OC bug.

theres been a crazy increase in speedhackers in the last 2 months, mainly because cheat engine doesnt get picked up by VAC anymore. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aS_WOXkSrMU&t=25m05s - a recent example

• @CRUSHED:

theres been a crazy increase in speedhackers in the last 2 months, mainly because cheat engine doesnt get picked up by VAC anymore. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aS_WOXkSrMU&t=25m05s - a recent example

this. but really the oc bug is just a vanilla way of achieving the same means.

i’ve given up dealing with the whole business, though, since i quit playing all the time. it’s painfully obvious when people are toggling speed hacks, as i’ve watched someone do so in person–swinging at regular speeds, upping speeds for quick stabs or to race in against backdodges, then backing down. the problem is it’s incredibly hard to catch in this game, so a lot of people will just think it’s server inconsistency. but at around 400 hours or so, it’s rather plain when it’s going on. there’s a difference between getting instagibbed by a riposte (crap animation and serverside issues) and getting instagibbed out of nowhere by a sonic-stab. the sad part is that there are even official admins that are guilty of one or other of these exploits, and with TB’s sole desire of pushing skins for the future of the game, the issue is only going to get worse.

• @magilla:

the sad part is that there are even official admins that are guilty of one or other of these exploits

Lemme guess an admin stabbed you and you died.

• not a matter of anger, but disgust with what’s happened to the game. i’m not here to point fingers or enter into a discussion with you which is why i haven’t named any names, and which is why i will not do so. i’ve played long enough and discussed it with other folks who have played long enough to know when someone is speed-stepping and hitting faster than they should on a consistent basis. i’ll leave it at that.