Everything wrong with this game, and how to fix it!

• First off, I’ve been playing Chiv since beta and I got to say I dropped the game for almost a year because it didn’t felt as fun as it used to be and I mainly come back when my main games server are down or got a few min to spare…don’t get me wrong, the game is still fun but a lot in it kills it for me

Feint: It always been a lame but sometime neccessary mechanic but I think it’s time it get nerf, I’m not talking about removing it, but I think it could be nice if it had some kind of cooldown added to it, maybe 2 sec cooldown before you can feint again and perhaps add some restriction for some weapon: Ex: sword cannot feint a poke while other weapons can’t feint slash or overhead, etc!

Drags and 360: Here is a sensitive matter for most cause as soon as you say drags are broken, the usual messer user will get frustrated and say you are a crybaby for pointing it out…I think the main problem with drags is that it almost work like a feint right now since it mainly make the opponent block at the wrong timing…there isn’t a problem about that, the problem is most of the time, the animation doesn’t fit and you get sword that actually goes through someone without dmg, making him block, only to combo into some speed up attack. Also drags brought the spin-to-win aspect to the game wich is totally boring and actually look ridiculous. Here i’m not talking about removing them, but a little nerf would be great. First off, remove the dmg from back swing because it’s just ridiculous that you can get the full dmg from an overhead almost instantly. Either reduce dmg on delay or put a minimum speed a weapon can have. The dmg could also be different depending from where you touched the target with you weapon cause right now, it seem like hitting with the pommel hit as hard as the tip, making speed up hit way too good. Also, trade are way too effective because flinch almost disapeared, making knights very strong even in 1 v 1, so maybe just adjust some of the flinch time. Maybe make a new riposte for knight, a riposte into kick as in you block into kick would be faster and could combo with other hits to make up for the nerf on drags

Kick player: Each time I come back tothe game, there is a different way to votekick someone, make it easier, like pressing one button on scoreboard instead of command…Also, put a timer on how many time lasted btw the last time someone hitted an enemy, I think that would MAYBE counter the huge amount of trolls that doesn’t attack anyone and spend their game spamming voice command and crouching…it’s especially frustrating in LTS when you actually wait for these guys

Bows: Reverse the change on flinch and bows, and perhaps make the warbow one hit kill with the right arrow an archer cause right now, crossbow are almost just as fast to reload, goes further and faster and actually can one hit kill, while having a huge shield to block any incoming arrows…bows are just not as viable right now

LTS: More LTS server? I mean half of them requires to be level 0-15, and the 3 remaining are a 5 v 5, and a no archer LTS. I think it’s one of the greatest mod but it’s dying!

Those were my main concern about the game, so be sure to give me your thoughts, I wish TB would! Also, when I’m talking about nerf, use your imagination and don’t think I’m talking about removal of everything or that I want the game to be a boring hit/block/hit/block fest, I want it to be balanced and enjoyable, maybe more realistic like it used to be at start when people didn’t ultra-spin-fest-drag-360 all the time

• Nerf archers, nerf MaAs, buff their team play

Make stamina run out less

Make ftp and cftp fluid and consistent like it used to be

Revert longsword stats + animations

Re-add forward chase just as it used to be, reduce bubble even more

Fix catapult fast clicks, various ballista bugs, revert ballista nerf, remove it’s AoE buff

Remove sprint lock out, allow for dancing again

Revert GS nerf

Balance all the maps to be as good as Darkforest/Stoneshill

Chivalry fixed.

• Happy to see the first reply isn’t a complete bashing of my idea and also to see I’m not the only one who think this game deserve some fix! I dunno about the revert since I can’t remember every change but some of what you said seem fair enough!

• Start Chiv again from scratch

Hire programmers and make them stay to prevent spaghetti coding

Actually play the game so you don’t have to rely solely on the players for every single balance suggestion

Don’t abandon game at worst imaginable state

Profit?

• I disagree with almost all of your suggestions.

• Chiv doesn’t have enuf memes tbh. Need more of that first

• @swagfox:

Chiv doesn’t have enuf memes tbh. Need more of that first

TB won’t reb0lonce the game, you best bet is Memercs mod m8
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=As1B0S4aeYs&feature=youtu.be

• you disagree with balance?

• Now you kick players from the escape menu -> player list.

• Balance live for pubs, let mercs be balanced for comp

• I think the balance setup is great… Think about the speeds, reach, and health for characters. They can all be super effective in different ways. It’s all about timing for me the only think that really messes it up when I play is the lag. Lol especially when a vanguards running at you, you brace yourself, and yeah apparently he decided to… Yeah charge you and you just appear dead

• @•frogmonkey64:

I think the balance setup is great… Think about the speeds, reach, and health for characters. They can all be super effective in different ways. It’s all about timing for me the only think that really messes it up when I play is the lag. Lol especially when a vanguards running at you, you brace yourself, and yeah apparently he decided to… Yeah charge you and you just appear dead

I think my changes would make the game way more balanced, more about skill and less about lame hitbox exploit

• How to fix Chivalry:

Travel back in time.
    Release game.
    Balance game for 2 months.
    Either A. delete forums or B. ban pretty much anybody who is currently accessing the forums in our Lord’s year of 2015, including myself.
    Not just ban but permaban and literally jihad any alternate accounts; balance council and forum opinion must die at all costs.
    Leave game in solid state and develop maps/community release maps while rebuilding game without spaghetticode.
    Get a server provider that isn’t a POS for new game.
    Develop a decent tutorial with actual competent bot AI, and training servers, in which players can practice mechanics/actual good players can teach them and earn XP or something.
    Release remake with 2 month balance, implementing clashing, fov cap, turn speed cap, no instahits, fix abused overclock issue, just delete 3rd person or rather never even advertise it as a feature to begin with, have official mods that aren’t corrupt as fug.
    Develop an expansion that isn’t muh dadliest warrer, but an actual Chiv expansion in the mean time.
    Spam sales to boost revenue instead of releasing glitchy and game damaging customization.
    Never sell fantasy weapon skins that actually hinder gameplay with wonky animations.
    Never pretend to be updating content while pushing skins by releasing community made maps, many of which are tiny portions of old TO maps.
    Release actual good expansion that will retain players.
    Periodically balance while developing next game.

• Global Moderator

That would actually work. Provided they don’t buff halberd which they had done before.

• Mod

Wait the overclock issue still exists?!

• @Tyoson:

Wait the overclock issue still exists?!

yes unless many ppl are
    a. barely speedhacking
    b. unlocking forward chase mechanic and 0 sprintlock somehow

otherwise how u haven’t noticed fools running around groundsniffing at sanic speeds lookin like airport security dogs is a mystery to me

• Mod

@magilla:

yes unless many ppl are
    a. barely speedhacking
    b. unlocking forward chase mechanic and 0 sprintlock somehow

otherwise how u haven’t noticed fools running around groundsniffing at sanic speeds lookin like airport security dogs is a mystery to me

I used to notice it far more frequently, but I feel it’s far less common and sort of just blamed it on the large drop in server quality.

• I hate that it’s like a legit speedhack, I can name a handful of people who use the OC bug.

• @Xylvion:

I hate that it’s like a legit speedhack, I can name a handful of people who use the OC bug.

theres been a crazy increase in speedhackers in the last 2 months, mainly because cheat engine doesnt get picked up by VAC anymore. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aS_WOXkSrMU&t=25m05s - a recent example

• @CRUSHED:

theres been a crazy increase in speedhackers in the last 2 months, mainly because cheat engine doesnt get picked up by VAC anymore. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aS_WOXkSrMU&t=25m05s - a recent example

this. but really the oc bug is just a vanilla way of achieving the same means.

i’ve given up dealing with the whole business, though, since i quit playing all the time. it’s painfully obvious when people are toggling speed hacks, as i’ve watched someone do so in person–swinging at regular speeds, upping speeds for quick stabs or to race in against backdodges, then backing down. the problem is it’s incredibly hard to catch in this game, so a lot of people will just think it’s server inconsistency. but at around 400 hours or so, it’s rather plain when it’s going on. there’s a difference between getting instagibbed by a riposte (crap animation and serverside issues) and getting instagibbed out of nowhere by a sonic-stab. the sad part is that there are even official admins that are guilty of one or other of these exploits, and with TB’s sole desire of pushing skins for the future of the game, the issue is only going to get worse.