Windows 10

• Will Chivalry: Medieval Warfare be compatible with Windows 10? Just today I noticed an icon on my taskbar (Win7) which linked me to some info on Win10. I tried searching on the steam forums and here but didn’t get a lot of success. Google did result in 1 reddit post saying a user had not too many issues with the tech preview.

• @Coaster_Man:

Will Chivalry: Medieval Warfare be compatible with Windows 10? Just today I noticed an icon on my taskbar (Win7) which linked me to some info on Win10. I tried searching on the steam forums and here but didn’t get a lot of success. Google did result in 1 reddit post saying a user had not too many issues with the tech preview.

Well, at least Windows will always have that legacy support with the “Launch with –- OS” setting as a B option.

• I know chivalry used to have issues with the tech preview. But that was like last year and tons of games had issues with it back then. As expected.

Even that Reddit post from less than a month ago says it works lol. He’s played 200 hours of it on W10.

So it’ll probably work fine now on windows 10 come july 29th.

• Windows 10 has pretty much the same kernel as Windows 7/8/8.1 so yes, it will work.

• Mod

Is there any benefit in upgrading windows from Windows 7?

• @Tyoson:

For chivalry or any reason?

Windows 10 (AKA Windows 8 2.0 but labeled differently so people aren’t turned off by the poor release) OS is better all around. You’ll get performance increases as well as the ability to run DX12 for future games.

With that said though I’ll reluctantly upgrade. I dislike the idea of being forced into menus designed for people without glasses on (does anyone else prefer small icons with high resolutions?) but in order to stay up to date with security and software it’s a must. At least the start menu will somewhat be back.

• Mod

@AmishInsurgent:

Windows 10 (AKA Windows 8 2.0 but labeled differently so people aren’t turned off by the poor release) OS is better all around. You’ll get performance increases as well as the ability to run DX12 for future games.

With that said though I’ll reluctantly upgrade. I dislike the idea of being forced into menus designed for people without glasses on (does anyone else prefer small icons with high resolutions?) but in order to stay up to date with security and software it’s a must. At least the start menu will somewhat be back.

Awesome. Thanks for the reply. Might have to give it a purchase sometime soon :)

• @Tyoson:

I think it allows the US government full access to your computer so you can be completely protected.

• @AmishInsurgent:

well if you say that windows 7 was vista 2.0.

• @Tyoson:

Awesome. Thanks for the reply. Might have to give it a purchase sometime soon :)

You don’t need to purchase Windows 10, it’s free to upgrade to it if you have Windows 7 or 8.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_10#Free_upgrade

• Its very good tbh, I’ve had it for many months. Its just updates will automatic. Windows 8 and 8.1 ran Chivalry flawlessly.

• Developer

Vista did some things that had to be done and caused some pain as a result, but everything after has been smooth compatibility-wise.

We will definitely be testing Chivalry with 10 in any case.

• Mod

@Kreittis:

You don’t need to purchase Windows 10, it’s free to upgrade to it if you have Windows 7 or 8.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_10#Free_upgrade

Well I’ll be! I thought nothing is free these days haha. Awesome :D

• @Tyoson:

Well I’ll be! I thought nothing is free these days haha. Awesome :D

Come June 29th next year 2016 it won’t be free.

• Mod

@lemonater47:

Come June 29th next year 2016 it won’t be free.

Cool. So I can wait a good year for the bugs to get squashed. Unless the first coder was bad and fixing old bugs causes new bugs and removes first person deaths. Wait what?

• I hope TB is using DX12 with their new title.

http://wccftech.com/dx12-revealed-compared-dx11/

• Here is one of my Windows 10 screenshots from months back. I was a tester of Windows 8 also.
    http://i.imgur.com/j0kZFSy.jpg

• @lemonater47:

well if you say that windows 7 was vista 2.0.

That is the generally accepted conclusion.

But the gap between Win8 and Win10 is greater than the gap between Vista and Win7. Many more cool changes in 10, especially under the hood.

• I don’t know really how to help in your specific situation, but as a last resort type of deal I found this article and was reading it on downgrading from windows 10, I hope I could help!

Link > : http://www.howtogeek.com/220723/how-to-uninstall-windows-10-and-downgrade-to-windows-7-or-8.1/