Life Is Not a Game… Of Thrones -spoilers within- Got Discussion

• The latest Episode of season 5, Hardhome, was INSANE. The special effects were better than most movies and the undead battle was legit one of the coolest thing’s I’ve ever seen anywhere. Loving the new season and how far off the books they’re going, best TV show of all time. That’s fact.

• Let’s hope episode 9 will even top it as usual. That would be something incredible.

• If they stick to the books in even a vague way, there’s lots of amazing ways for them to top it man. There’s a big ass fan and the shit’s about to hit.

Edit: Upon rewatching I have to say I’m pleased with the way they’re melding the plots, especially the skipping ahead with Tyrion and Jaime’s stories. It’s no wonder they’re catching up when they leave so much out. There’s also extra stuff like the whole battle at Hardhome.

• For anyone whose read the books, do you think they’ll have Stannis take Winter fell this season or leave it till next? Will Theon-I mean Reek - help Sansa escape? How do you think Tyrion’s presence will affect Danaerys’ storyline? Will naked Cersie be the best scene of the series? We shall find out.

• This season was the worst until the last episode, though. They had many opportunities to pick the interesting storylines from the books but they decided to pick the most boring ones, and on top of that 4 episodes have been pure filler.

Really hope they don’t stoop that low ever again, the latest episode does give me hope.

• I don’t agree and here’s why; I think they’ve made the most of what they had. Let me explain that statement.

In order to do 7 seasons with only 10 episodes a season, most of the story had to be cut. As a result, one small detail missing in season 1 could prevent a whole story arc three seasons later. That being said, the show was already so much different from the books that I don’t see what other direction they could have gone.

Bran isn’t in this season, Jamie’s entire arc of regaining his honor and self-respect, Tyrion’s massive adventure and meeting Aegon, and many other stories were cut or changed so dramatically that they bear little resemblance to the books. I have no idea what they’re doing with Brienne or if Lady Stoneheart is even gonna make an appearance.

All that said, I’ve found this latest season “a little” slow, but that’s because this section of the books is a little slow as well. I enjoy the slow dialogue segments like Tyrion and Danaerys just as much as the crazy action, they’re both critical to the story and entertaining. That being said, I’ve still come away from each episode satisfied. Maybe you could explain what you meant by filler a little more?

• LS has already been confirmed…

not to appear.

Which I can sort of understand considering it’s a TV show, people often can’t be invested in too many story arcs and I too found it a little far-fetched even after all the sparkling mysterious magic the books had already pulled off.
    That said, when I look at how incredibly well the show captivates the creepiness revolving around the White Walkers I must admit that LS would’ve probably been implemented in an equally disturbing (in a good way) as well.

Not sure what’s up with Brienne. She’s probably gonna fill many discarded roles from the books all at once.

• LS is the revenge, the karmic force to pay back the betrayers. Would’ve been awesome to see and wouldn’t be that hard to implement, plus it would serve as a “holy shit” moment. Oh well, let’s see what they do with the Dorne and Mereen stories. They already left out Quentyn Martell, and I wanted to see him get eaten by a dragon!

• If you were a Stannis supporter before, you ain’t one now. That was the goriest thing I’ve ever seen on that show, worse than Oberyn having his head squished, and they didn’t even need to show it. I don’t think Davos is gonna be very happy when he comes back from the wall.

• Holy shit this show is bad. Don’t think I’m gonna bother torrenting season 6.

• You know it’s funny because I usually dislike general repetition, but I couldn’t help but smirk during the whole last 10 minutes sequence from last episode.
    I don’t care if it’s been done before, epic Dany music while a dragon starts burning antagonists all over the place is and will always be, awesome.

• @Rickvs:

You know it’s funny because I usually dislike general repetition, but I couldn’t help but smirk during the whole last 10 minutes sequence from last episode.
    I don’t care if it’s been done before, epic Dany music while a dragon starts burning antagonists all over the place is and will always be, awesome.

Yes it will.

• @Monsteri:

Holy shit this show is bad. Don’t think I’m gonna bother torrenting season 6.

I think you’re letting personal feelings of disappointment influence your opinion, because the show isn’t ‘bad’ by any stretch of the word. Unrealized Potential is a closer description, but when does cinema ever capture the potential of books?

• @Monsteri:

Holy shit this show is bad. Don’t think I’m gonna bother torrenting season 6.

idk the show is really mediocre

its not bad but i cant possibly imagine why its so popular

its just completely uninteresting, except for that midget guy (gr8 actor tbh)

• http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2015/06/08/game-of-thrones-season-5-episode-9-review-the-dance-of-dragons/

This guy gives a decent argument but ultimately the show is a different beast, love it or hate it. The story definitely isn’t mediocre, the story from the first 2 or 3 books us pretty god dammed compelling, it just drags on a bit in book 4/5. Then for a TV adaptation they had to bastardize it from the start just to make it possible. I still don’t think the show is “Mediocre” in any regard from casing to scripting to set design to sounds/music. I dunno, call me a fan Oy I guess.

• Books 4 and 5 were so boring they killed any interest I ever had in this franchise. I just started randomly skipping dull looking pages towards the end.

• To each his own I guess, I didn’t think they were quite that bad. But I even quit reading The Shining when I was almost finished because I just wasn’t in the mood anymore, and I was enjoying it up until then. We’ll see how book 6 goes now, especially since the show has leaked a few plot points that GRRM hasn’t even written yet. We’ll see if he ruins Stannis the Mannis like the show did.

• I vote Stannis For father of the year.

• RIP Jon snow :( was a good brother of the nights watch

• ^ OMG SPOILERS!!!
    (i don’t really mind, I got into these books ages before the tv show)

They’ve butchered so many plot lines and characters that it’s impossible to make a fair judgement of the series when compared to the books.

So, I’ve kinda learned how to love it, but this last season they’ve gone overboard with the dumbing down. Every character <strikethrough>magically</strikethrough> automatically know stuff from other places; plus insta travel, etc.

What do they have against Stannis ffs? Or Jaime? Why do they make him any person other than who Jaime is in AFFC?.
    The “20 good men” and stuff from last episode was awful. Why is Littlefinger so fucking obvious at being treacherous? Would YOU trust a guy who speaks like that?

At least I’m kinda happy that 2 plot lines are somewhat intact, like Jon’s and Dany’s. Sure, they moved ahead lots of events and made everything an incoherent mess of relationships, but hey, at least it’s going somewhere.
    Even Arya was going the right ways when all of a sudden there’s that cunt from the Kingsguard shows up. Ramsay has managed to be even more gruesome than I picture him before watching his actor.

WHERE IS MY BREACH OF DRAGONSTONE? Why does a man who resisted the longest siege in living memory eating book spines suddenly feels like agreeing to burn his only daughter?

And where the fuck is Nightstar? HIM WHO IS OF THE NIGHT? (I’m kidding, that guy is retarded)

The scenery, the battles, some of the performances (Tyrion, Bronn, The Hound -CLEGANEBOWL WHEN-, even Varys, etc) all make a great picture of how I made lots of the action.

Regrding the books, I’ve lost all hope in George R. R. Martin, so I’ve been checking out the rest of the Solar Cycle by Gene Wolfe. The Book of the New Sun is probably my favorite fantasy book ever (but kinda hard to get into).