Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Patch 39 Beta

• Developer

The new Beta patch is up for testing on the “Chivalry BETA” app. Change notes:

New
    Brand new set of community-made weapons and helmets

• Circled Princial Cervelliere, an Agatha Archer helmet
    • The Rat Set, an Agatha Knight set that replaces the Heavy Flail
    • The Tenderizer, a replacement for the Maul
    • Infidels Bane, a replacement for the Messer
    • Chaos Set, a Mason Knight set that replaces the Messer
    • Winged Wraith, a replacement for the Holy Water Sprinkler
    • Blade Brothers Sun Sword, a replacement for the Norse Sword
    • Shark, a replacement for the Billhook
    • Kraken, a Mason Vanguard set that replaces the Halberd

Changes

CTF

• removed touch returns - flag must timeout and auto return now

Colosseum

• spawn ramp fix
    • fixed big tower axe, it was flipped to deal damage while stationary and not deal damage while rotating
    • moved oasis trees that were intersecting rocks
    • removed oasis trees that were intersecting the flag stand
    • spring trap fix
    • water volume / drowning fixed to not be permanently disabled after being unloaded - you were unable to drown if the boats were loaded twice
    • spawnpoints that were underwater fixed to not be underwater
    • underwater post processing volume was being overridden, fixed, underwater processing restored
    • set FFA to 10 minutes from 30

Hideout

• cave lighting: modified lighting to better facilitate faction differentiation (fill lighting is now all cool colors creating spots of hot and cold lighting rather than almost all the lighting in cave being warm tone and creating situations where agatha blue looks green)
    • made the cave mason spawn under the king’s platform easier to exit
    • raised buried grass meshes in cave
    • darkened grass outside, it appeared to glow
    • Added blocking volume along back of king’s area to prevent players from jumping onto and over the fence

NoMercy

• fix bug where people spawn in the wrong area - a couple spawn points were malfunctioning and had to be deleted
    • fix exploit/bug where you can spawn late and you spawn in the wrong area - changed logic to switch spawn points immediately on LTS Round end rather than after a delay after level reset
    • modified lighting slightly to add some cooler tones in addition to the warm lighting

Irilla

• removed bad spawn point for defenders on final objective
    • 10 second torch respawn from 20

Shore

• replaced flag with new AOCFlagAutoReturnOnly variant. The flag now can’t be returned by touch, only by time.
    • set final objective flag return time to 4.5 seconds from 15

CastleAssault

• Set time limits to standards: Set FFA to 10 minutes from 4, LTS to 4 minute from 5, TD to 15 from 5

Moor LTS

• moved spawn points, blocked off a couple corners of the map

Dark Forest

• Map exploit in final area blocked
    • Navigation Pylons weren’t building properly

Outpost

• Block reverse overhead gate exploit

Crypts

• first wave enemies just have fists now

code

• added AOCFlagAutoReturnOnly - works just like a standard CTF flag with the exception that the enemy team cannot touch it, they must instead defend it until it auto returns.
    • server CPU performance enhancements
    • fix issue where “ghost” Agatha MAAs spawn once every tick until the server crashes

Didn’t actually happen, sorry! Next patch! :

Impasse

• added FFA variant

Forest

• added missing LTS variant

• No change on the 20 second torch timers on Irilla? Never completed that objective despite a much stronger team.

Oh I really like that flag change.

• That was quick.

But yeah 20 second torches need to be changed as well. Defenders spawns on hideout are also very close to the objectives. Making it a slog for the attackerS. All objectives only get completed with an extreme amount of luck.

• WOAH!
    This makes me very happy!. It may not be a patch for the official release yet, but it shows me that you guys listened and have been working at making changes. And thank you for doing so, I should now get to enjoy playing my own map again :P

For me, that makes me happy. Although I have to wonder, did the cage trap get re-implemented as a console command for admins. There are a few who have asked where it went :P
    Also, great move on changing FFA time from 30 to 10mins, should make a lot of players happy as it won’t be as drawn out, and players still get 2 map randomizations :)

I like the auto return flag that you guys have added, it should make things better for Shore (see what I did there? :P).

Good to see that glowy grass removed on hideout too, that was kind of a glaring issue (tsk tsk).

• @CrustaceanSoup:

• fix issue where “ghost” Agatha MAAs spawn once every tick until the server crashes

I was tired of restarting maps / changing maps whenever these buggers spawned. Nice work squashing that bug.
    More community cosmetics are always welcome.

• Fix catapult fast clicks please. The bug where sometimes the clicking sound plays too fast to be accurate.

• @SOC:

Fix catapult fast clicks please. The bug where sometimes the clicking sound plays too fast to be accurate.

Been bugged since 2012.

• -slow clap- Neat fixes TBS.

I’ve never had any problems with the catapult clicks myself, they’re always accurate for me.

• lol the rat set.

oh lawd.

• @dudeface:

lol the rat set.

oh lawd.

Why not? We have a goat set,lion set,chicken set,splattered pigeon…soon to add a squid set, so why not a rat?

Wont be long until someone makes a skinned cat on a helm for a MAA or something brilliant like that :)…but I am already working on that set and will be the first one to put it out…

• @Oilystool:

Why not? We have a goat set,lion set,chicken set,splattered pigeon…soon to add a squid set, so why not a rat?

Wont be long until someone makes a skinned cat on a helm for a MAA or something brilliant like that :)…but I am already working on that set and will be the first one to put it out…

How about something actually badass like a trex set or something

• Just some stuff I noticed on Hideout (beta version):

Lightning bugs:
    One (pit)
    Two (ceilling)
    Three (thing in the middle)

Overall nice changes, but it is way too bright in the cave right now :/

• Developer

@Vesanus:

Just some stuff I noticed on Hideout (beta version):

Lightning bugs:
    One (pit)
    Two (ceilling)
    Three (thing in the middle)

Overall nice changes, but it is way too bright in the cave right now :/

I made a last minute change the brightness, instantly regretted it after the build was made. And yeah I noticed some of those errors, again after the build was made - not sure what happened but will be sure it’s all cleared up before the next build is made.

@Oilystool:

Someone needs to make a wooden cow set that you’re only allowed to wear if you hide in a corner of the map.

• A wooden cow shaped Great Shield. If you duck while wielding it,it serves as cowmoouflage.

• @Tyler:

I made a last minute change the brightness, instantly regretted it after the build was made. And yeah I noticed some of those errors, again after the build was made - not sure what happened but will be sure it’s all cleared up before the next build is made.

Cool, thanks for the response. I’ll take another look in the next build! :)

• return the spiked ring around Colosseum! it is so naked and boring without having that there. Also the current version doesn’t spawn all the variations of the original map.

• @lemonater47:

Been bugged since 2012.

Remember when Mason kite shields weren’t appearing on knights’ backs?

• @Retsnom:

return the spiked ring around Colosseum! it is so naked and boring without having that there. Also the current version doesn’t spawn all the variations of the original map.

I haven’t played the beta version just yet, but what variations aren’t showing and what game mode?

CTF won’t spawn the boats theme. I tried to make little platforms (which you can see at the base of the team spawn areas), where flags spawn, but I couldn’t get flags to dynamically change their location. I hope that Torn Banner can make it work, because I think CTF would be nice on the boats theme.

• did you manage to fix the flag marker on Shore? it ends up looking like this:

• Developer

Beta build’s been updated, we’ll get notes up “soon”