Chivalry Free to Play yes/no/problem

• I would vote no due to the fact I have numerous copies of this game spread across 2 steam accounts.
    By going free to play it undermines my purchase’s , off course I would seek compensation and a refunds
    for the copies of Chivalry in my steam inventories.

• I couldn’t care less. The game cost me something like $30. I’ve played about 1800 hours. That’s 75 days of enjoyment for $30. If it goes free to play I’d be happy because it’d breathe a fresh life into the game, but at the same time, I feel much needs to be fixed still and it just isn’t going to happen.

• I say when the currently unannounced UE4 game™ comes out then C:MW could go free to play, but not before.
    The other problem is hackers: at the moment they run hacks, they get banned they lose their account and have to buy another copy/create a new account
    with F2P as soon as they get banned they could just create a new account and get back to mischief

• Considering how the wave of people that joined during free weekend act, no thank you.

• @Tyoson:

… it’d breathe a fresh life into the game…

No, it would breathe a wave of cancer into the game.

• No thank you, I like this game and such a thing could ruin it. I like paying for games for a reason, as opposed to playing FTP.

• Why no 3rd option like ‘I don’t care’ or ‘no opinion’

• No. It would become pay to win garbage.

• I voted no. I’d change the price permanently to 5 euros instead (after the UE4 release).

• It runs like a free to play game and is already full of trolls. I bought this game early before the early beta and contributed to the games launch $50 I believe and I have bin shat on.

• @Wrath:

It runs like a free to play game and is already full of trolls. I bought this game early before the early beta and contributed to the games launch $50 I believe and I have bin shat on.

How many hours?

• @MonkeyFiend:

I say when the currently unannounced UE4 game™ comes out then C:MW could go free to play, but not before.
    The other problem is hackers: at the moment they run hacks, they get banned they lose their account and have to buy another copy/create a new account
    with F2P as soon as they get banned they could just create a new account and get back to mischief

theres plenty of people right now running hacks and not getting banned

and if they do they just wait for a sale and buy chivalry for 5 dollars

• F2P is a double edged sword, brings more players but also more team damage, we’re still seeing the after effects of this now as people bought the fuck out of the game while it was on sale again, 32p servers are cancer right now with people lmb’ing at mach 5 with 250 ping.

• @Planetus:

F2P is a double edged sword, brings more players but also more team damage, we’re still seeing the after effects of this now as people bought the fuck out of the game while it was on sale again, 32p servers are cancer right now with people lmb’ing at mach 5 with 250 ping.

Not on my server, it is well admined and has a high ping kicker set to 120 and gone

• I vote yes, because I would love to see a bigger community for this game. Also, in my opinion Torn Banner came up with a revolutionary game design, more people need to see this!

Seriously Torn Banner, this is pure golden game design, you guys are amazing in this aspect, wish your work had more attention and other devs learn how to make a interesting melee mechanic.

• @Vanguard:

I vote yes, because I would love to see a bigger community for this game. Also, in my opinion Torn Banner came up with a revolutionary game design, more people need to see this!

Seriously Torn Banner, this is pure golden game design, you guys are amazing in this aspect, wish your work had more attention and other devs learn how to make a interesting melee mechanic.

Free is not the way to go, it will kill the game and the community, what is left of it. The model to do free weekends seems to do ok. You get a ton of free players then maybe 1/4 will buy and then maybe out of that group maybe 1/2 will stick around and becom a part of the community. TBS blew their opportunity after the first year when they had the buzz and all the reviews from all the big name Youtubers and game sites. But with no real marketing team or community organizer like Obama to bring in the hope an change the community died after some horrible patches. Wait that is a really bad analogy, Obama is a failure too.

But they needed and still need better remote server admin support, sponsoring tournaments, give a ways, contests and the like and they simply dropped the ball when the player numbers were so great that first year. Now it is too little too late and the mass of the core players are long gone, the comp scene, while somewhat active is still a smidgen of what it was that first year and a half.

Making it free will simply be a bad idea because anytime you get something for free you never appreciate it. Did you not play the last few free weekends? It is a noob nightmare. So I would continue with the free weekends and sales, maybe lower the cost but free? Never.

• @Retsnom:

Free is not the way to go, it will kill the game and the community, what is left of it. The model to do free weekends seems to do ok. You get a ton of free players then maybe 1/4 will buy and then maybe out of that group maybe 1/2 will stick around and becom a part of the community. TBS blew their opportunity after the first year when they had the buzz and all the reviews from all the big name Youtubers and game sites. But with no real marketing team or community organizer like Obama to bring in the hope an change the community died after some horrible patches. Wait that is a really bad analogy, Obama is a failure too.

But they needed and still need better remote server admin support, sponsoring tournaments, give a ways, contests and the like and they simply dropped the ball when the player numbers were so great that first year. Now it is too little too late and the mass of the core players are long gone, the comp scene, while somewhat active is still a smidgen of what it was that first year and a half.

Making it free will simply be a bad idea because anytime you get something for free you never appreciate it. Did you not play the last few free weekends? It is a noob nightmare. So I would continue with the free weekends and sales, maybe lower the cost but free? Never.

@Retsnom:

HAHHAHAHAH obama…
    True mate, makes sense what you say imo. Its that here in Brazil the games that has big playerbase are usually free or counter-strike/DOTA lol.

But you are correct about sales I think, this recent sale has boosted the playerbase considerably. Thing is, will they stay? Even if F2P this would be a problem right, people don’t stick with this game and I really don’t understand why, as for me this is a fucking gem in nowadays game industry.

One thing I like about free weekends is that ducking gets effective beyond belief lol, the main server here in Brazil has autokick for TK, so if you make like 360 TK points you are out. So you get in the middle of the opposing team and simply duck, watch as wave after wave of noobs get kicked for TK lol. They literally just LMB.

Imo would be better if LMB were stab or overhead for default, and charge attack with R button.

• @Vanguard:

Imo would be better if LMB were stab or overhead for default, and charge attack with R button.

That was the first thing I did was rearrange my key config so that LMB was stab as that is the most effective attack in the game for most weapons. RMB is jump, thumb mb = crouch, wheel up is OH and wheel down is alt OH (great for halberd), I have a Logitech G500 so the wheel has L and R buttons as well as Down. SO LWB is ALt swing and RWB is regular swing. All my attacks are on the wheel except stab.

I would love to have a TK kicker on my server but not sure what program they are using for that. Possibly Big Brother Bot but that way sucks and I have never been able to get it installed properly and run. So I use Chiv Rcon Tool and the best option but it doesnt have a TK plugin.

• @Retsnom:

That was the first thing I did was rearrange my key config so that LMB was stab as that is the most effective attack in the game for most weapons. RMB is jump, thumb mb = crouch, wheel up is OH and wheel down is alt OH (great for halberd), I have a Logitech G500 so the wheel has L and R buttons as well as Down. SO LWB is ALt swing and RWB is regular swing. All my attacks are on the wheel except stab.

I would love to have a TK kicker on my server but not sure what program they are using for that. Possibly Big Brother Bot but that way sucks and I have never been able to get it installed properly and run. So I use Chiv Rcon Tool and the best option but it doesnt have a TK plugin.

The server owner is called Coldfire, I do believe he has a account in this forums so you might be able to talk to him. I also know people that knows him, so if you want to know more about their system, I might be able to help ya.

The system is good, I have to say it has some flaws. For instance, its impossible to play on some maps like DuelYard because the TK autokick goes nuts and kicks everyone. It doesn’t happen in official FFA mode thou. And its impossible for a rank 0-15 avoid being kicked, since that server has 33 slots and when its full its a fucking clusterfuck, and you know what noobs do when they see a clusterfuck right lol, they also don’t know that a slash makes a huge damage arc it seems, people are used to aim with the crosshair. So your server will be way less noob friendly with said system.

I’ve read in another thread your configuration and mate, If I sat on your PC to play chiv I would have to relearn the game hahahsahah… I go mostly with vanilla settings, aside from charge attack that is R, and dodge that is pressing the middle mouse button (but I don’t even play MAA so fuck dodge)

• Yeah there are problems with TK kickers because a few poorly launched catapult shots and you are kicked. I remember some old AOC servers had that and I was and still am a catapult master but noobs who dont know the Objectives and know when and where to avoid catapults shots, thus I would get kicked for TKs