Ugh even some private servers are shit

• So I made the mistake of getting on one of those politically correct servers with a pile of stupid rules….
    As if that wasn’t bad enough that they were more worried about someone being offended than kicking high ping laggers… they proudly announce that they do use a high ping kicker… set at 200 ping! LOLS By that time their server is a 36 player lag fest with average pings of 140+ So I proudly called them out on their stupidity and PC bullshit and left. Ugh I just don’t understand the youngens and I don’t want to live on this planet any more.

Hey I get it, it’s their server they can run it they way they like, I just aint gonna play there.

• Private servers can often be worse than unadmined ISP hosted servers or similar.

Yours for example.

• @lemonater47:

Private servers can often be worse than unadmined ISP hosted servers or similar.

Yours for example.

LOLs you are just hating cause you wish you could play on such an awesome, well administered sever. But hey your post count is up 1!

• Lol it was a joke. Your admining style is “different” but not annoying and stupid like many private servers. Just what many deem as bad behaviour you don’t. I mean just yesterday I had to ban someon in Red orchestra 2. They decided it would be a good idea to sing “fuck the Jews” to the tune of the Australian national anthem over public voice chat. Some thought it was funny, some didn’t and some simply didn’t like the fact that there was someone singing over public voice chat to 63 other people. But would you deem that acceptable on your server? If voice chat existed of course. Or at least not consider any admin action necessary.

• @lemonater47:

Lol it was a joke. Your admining style is “different” but not annoying and stupid like many private servers. Just what many deem as bad behaviour you don’t. I mean just yesterday I had to ban someon in Red orchestra 2. They decided it would be a good idea to sing “fuck the Jews” to the tune of the Australian national anthem over public voice chat. Some thought it was funny, some didn’t and some simply didn’t like the fact that there was someone singing over public voice chat to 63 other people. But would you deem that acceptable on your server? If voice chat existed of course. Or at least not consider any admin action necessary.

I would mute the guy, nothing else.

• @Monsteri:

I would mute the guy, nothing else.

Muting in RO2 is a rather frustrating process for individuals. Not as easy as it was in chivalry when voice chat “worked”. Of course sometimes the game would suddenly decide to unmute people when voice chat was around lol.

After posting that I checked our report system and there is actualy a report against the guy I banned from someone who is actually Jewish who’s sick and tired with all the jokes and this one just made him really annoyed that he bothered to submit a report. He would probably be very glad to here that he is already banned. Only temporarily 2 months hasn’t been banned before.

I don’t make the rules of the servers I admin. But what isn’t accepted in society isn’t accepted in our servers. They are a public place and we treat them so. You wouldn’t be singing that in a public square of 64 people. So you won’t be singing that in a game server of 64 people either. I don’t care how safe and anonymous you think you are behind your screen.

Australia and New Zealand are places where you call your mates “cunt” and strangers “mate”. Small community everyone sorta knows everyone else so most stuff is accepted or at least doesn’t need any admin attention. Most “insults” that fly around are really just people joking with each other and anything real just needs someone with scary text telling them to calm down its not worth it be the better man.

There is a global mute function in red orchestra 2 which is part of an admin mod but it doesn’t quite work properly, I forgot the command and well that guy now knows it’s not ok. Australians seem to have a problem with jews or it’s their go to insult. Like how the word cunt is the go to word. In RO2 200 ping is still playable and that stuff simply doesn’t happen on american servers.

Nobody has a problem with GON administration (when it’s done right there are abusive GON admins in some games). As long as I treat every situation different instead of enforcing the rules like concrete without any understanding of the situation or rationality then people are fine with it and respect that. I wanted to be the admin people could come to rather than an admin people tiptoed around, didn’t like and tried to provoke without actually breaking any rules.

• I like the noisey people on voice chat. They keep the game funny. The reaction from serious and easily offended people is always priceless. People are too easily offended these days and need to harden up tbh