The banlist hasn't been working for a while now and requires fixing

• Hello,

It has come to my attention that for at least one month, the public server enforced Banlist hasn’t been working at all.
    Which means than a lot of really toxic people, who have been banned from all public servers in the past, are coming back, pissing out everybody, and nobody can do anything about it besides (VERY) temporarily kicking them.

Serial-tool “Phalanx Romero”, for instance, spends his entire evenings joining random games (or maybe just the ones my friends and I are on), teamkilling as much as he can, and then getting kicked, before coming back again.

I do realize this seems rather sad for him, and he probably seriously needs psychiatric help, but unless there’s a way to provide him that, he should really be kept banned for the time being and unable to join any public servers.

He’s of course not the only one, just yesterday it was DOST and his mentally-challenged friends. DOST teamkilled me, didn’t apologize. I pulled a vote-kick on him, and he and his friends started trying to repeatedly teamkill me.
    My friends and I “retreated” to a safe FirstPersonCam-only server which acts like Kryptonite to his kind.
    (EDIT: courtesy of SER JON, video of one of their many mischiefs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2RWGqUIGYo)

It seems every *sshole and their banned friends is realizing the Banlist isn’t being enforced anymore. And they’re all coming back, knowing they can do any mischief without the slightest possibility of there being ANY kind of repercussions.

I had talked about this to some of the TBS-approved admins (Kittyana for instance) and was told there was nothing they could do about it, bar waiting for TBS to eventually fix the issue (which might only have to do with Multiplay for all I know).

It’s been at least a month, as far as I’m aware, and you, TBS, for the sake of the game and its community, please, you need to do something about it.

PS: I dare write about it in the Official Forums now because since so many of the griefers are aware of it already, there’s really no point hiding that fact anymore.

• The red flag that I see is the bit where you said “he teamkilled me, didn’t apologise. I pulled a votekick on him”.

Not apologising does not warrant a votekick. If it fails theres no telling how the guy who tried to kick will react. You also say that you might be getting targeted. Not surprising if you do this in game frequently.

The moderators need more powers. They really are useless in their current state. TB doesn’t trust them enough that is the only reason why they can’t do anything much. They at least need a couple of moderators with full access to the servers.

• I don’t do this “frequently”. I just answered Flor personally, precisely on that matter.

Let me therefore copy pasta my whole exchange regarding this :

"
    15:07 - Myr.Andimar: I did that vote not only based on the current situation, but based on my entire experience of DOST.
    15:09 - Myr.Andimar: Said entire experience having been corroborated by a lot of people, hence the freaking banlisting of them from every official server available, approved by every admin and TBS themselves.
    15:10 - Myr.Andimar: they shouldnt even be there when I’m making the vote. They’re exploiting a temporary weakness of the Banlist. I’m technically merely upholding the game’s community rules by doing that vote. :/
    "

Does that answer your questioning?

Also:

Not apologising does not warrant a votekick

It’s a vote. What you wrote makes no sense. Everything and nothing legitimately warrants a vote. That’s how votes work. That’s what they for: to let the others (people) decide if the decision I would have, is legitimate.

If it fails theres no telling how the guy who tried to kick will react.

I’m not sure what you’re trying to say here.
    Are you implying that repeatedly teamkilling someone because that someone pulled a votekick on you is a perfectly fine thing to do? Are you actually defending this kind of behavior?

Besides, if anything, this behavior proves my whole point: that he’s an *ss who needs to be kicked.

You also say that you might be getting targeted. Not surprising if you do this in game frequently.

Baseless accusation. My post thoroughly implied I had a history with these guys. You had no reason to believe that I did that frequently.
    If nevertheless you were really suspecting it, you could have asked nicely if that actually was the case.
    Shocker: It’s not.

The moderators need more powers. They really are useless in their current state. TB doesn’t trust them enough that is the only reason why they can’t do anything much. They at least need a couple of moderators with full access to the servers.

My opinion is obviously enough that the first thing we should do is re-enable the Banlist. Their moderators are literally worthless if their bans ain’t enforced.

After we do this, then, yeah, I’d be tempted to agree with you.

(Edit: Please look at this forum group too: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/fkd0st please note the fact that I’m not even in it, nor are any of my friends, and that I only just learnt about it)

• Can TBS get in on this game-banning business on steam? That’d be the next step up.

• DOST is known for intentional teamkills, for example he usually charges into team mates on the log crossing at darkforests last stage.

• I’m saying you don’t understand people’s behaviour. There are ways for you to prevent this behaviour yourself. One is to not imitate votekicks for accidents. Someone didn’t say sorry. Big deal who cares nobody does. This isn’t just referring to DOST. Initiating a votekick against someone is accusing them of something. That’s what it is really. Nobody likes that. You have also just put this massive box on people’s screens. Nobody likes that either. Half the people just mash a button to remove it. It isn’t democracy when that happens it’s often just luck of the draw. So what you have really done is make everybody on the server dislike you to some degree.

When you initiate a votekick you best make damn sure everyone else will vote yes. Which can involve waiting until that person annoys more and more people. Otherwise you have just made yourself a target and can get bullied. Is it wrong? Yes. But they won’t get any repercussions from doing that really. So best prevent it happening in the first place. That’s something you can do.

• One is to not imitate votekicks for accidents.

Stop making a fool of yourself. You don’t know what you’re talking about.
    As I have already explained, and as others have already pointed out, this is not the first time they teamkill on purpose.
    Even in the event that this wasn’t done on purpose, I have already written (maybe you have trouble with reading comprehension?) that A) I was taking their entire history of griefing into account, and that B) I’m upholding the freaking global ban they already received.

Have I made myself sufficiently clear now, or shall I have to write it again a third time?

Someone didn’t say sorry. Big deal who cares nobody does

You’re obviously wrong. (Andimar says hello)
    And if you think it’s only me, then you’re just kidding yourself.

It also happens that I always try to say sorry when I hit a teammate, even if it doesn’t kill them.
    Some people care about that stuff.
    Deal with it.

Initiating a votekick against someone is accusing them of something. That’s what it is really.

Sure enough.

Nobody likes that.

Bravo ! It is actually one of the intended effects from my perspective, captain obvious.

You have also just put this massive box on people’s screens. Nobody likes that either.

There are a lot of annoying things in life that are (relatively) important and that we have to deal with. This is one of them.
    Mind you, I’m a person too. And I play Chivalry too. And like everybody else, I don’t like it much when a votekick comes up, but I do look at the evidence and testimonies in the chat before pressing one of the two buttons, and I’m glad such a system exists.

If it is really that troublesome, and if this system sucks so much, you might wanna start a thread about “Why I want the votekick system removed”.

Half the people just mash a button to remove it.

I’m willing to agree to a certain extent that some people vote just to get rid of the prompt, and that a vote can be used, by itself, to grief someone. But I rarely see low ping low TK ratio people get kicked, if ever.
    Except in some rare cases where for instance the person getting the votekick is dominating the server, which has happened to quite a few “veteran” players I’m sure, including yours truly (and cases like the one demonstrated by SER JON’s video, where DOST and his friends grief-votekick him out of the server for no legitimate reason whatsoever).

Most generally, as far as I see it, it does the intended job, and the ending result is still largely linked to the amount of TK and/or very high pings.

A few failures don’t condemn the whole thing.

It isn’t democracy when that happens it’s often just luck of the draw.

That’s a freaking exaggeration if I ever saw one.

So what you have really done is make everybody on the server dislike you to some degree.

Please. I have at times initiated ten votekicks in a row, and a lot of people have expressed their thanks for it.
    Yes, a votekick is disruptive of the game experience, but do you know what is way more disruptive? Intentional teamkillers, and people who don’t give a single damn about teamkilling to get to their enemies.

That’s the very reason why most people glady vote “yes” when they see a high TK ratio. Oh the shocker. Again.

And so far, the response has been that. But you’re free to believe that I make people unhappy by helping the curation of the community a bit, in my small way.
    As far as I’m concerned, you’re also free to stuff your head inside your own *rse if that pleases you too.

When you initiate a votekick you best make damn sure everyone else will vote yes. Which can involve waiting until that person annoys more and more people.

I’ll keep doing what I like when I like it, thank you.

Otherwise you have just made yourself a target and can get bullied.

That’s a risk I’m willing to take.

Is it wrong? Yes.

I’m sincerely glad you at least agree on that.

But they won’t get any repercussions from doing that really. So best prevent it happening in the first place. That’s something you can do.

Again, thank you for your input, but firstly, the repercussions are my problem, not yours, and I deal with them the way I see fit. And secondly, I like my own methods: votekicking the tool, and help make sure the Banlist is reestablished so that the problem cannot even happen anymore (with this thread).

Now, if you still feel like derailing this thread even further, please consider using private messages. Not that I’d care enough to answer you, I certainly wouldn’t.

• Right I didn’t know you intentionally wanted to annoy everyone on servers. The banlist isn’t updated. I suggested temporary solutions in the mean time.

• Lemon just stop posting, you don’t know what you are talking about.

On the other hand, you don’t have enything to lose since pretty much everyone here already heavily dislikes you (because of threads like this).

• @Kreittis:

Lemon just stop posting, you don’t know what you are talking about.

On the other hand, you don’t have enything to lose since pretty much everyone here already heavily dislikes you (because of threads like this).

I’m not wrong though. That’s why everyone dislikes me.

• I’d like to start my sentence with “No offense but…”, but everybody knows the offense remains nonetheless.
    So I’ll keep it simple: Every idiot on this Earth believes they’re right. Which means that despite what Kreittis just said, you do have plenty of friends out there Lemonater.

Besides, your logic was just flaw-less on this thread. You really proved it to everyone. GJ.

Thinking back about it, Phalanx Romero isn’t the only one who seriously requires psychiatric help, your little ego-trippy paranoiac bit about “That’s why everyone hates me” demonstrates it in a very plain way.

• I say we make Gauntlet the supreme overlord admin and let him do whatever he wants.

I trust him.

Even though he’s a pansy.

• @lemonater47:

I’m not wrong though. That’s why everyone dislikes me.

That’s a very Goob thing to say.
    Eric Cartman and you would probably hit it off greatly.