New votekick limit has severely degraded the quality of online play.

• Since the introduction of Votekick rate limiting, the quality of online play has degraded severely. The game simply isn’t fun when you are unable to kick players that are teamkilling or have extremely high pings. This was a bad move on TB’s part. Servers regularly now have players that go many rounds continually killing teammates and lying about it in chat before they can finally be removed by votekick. TB has taken the power of quality control out of the hands of the players and it makes the game much less fun to play. Unfortunately, there are a LOT of people out there who’s idea of fun is to ruin the game for other people. Having votekick power allows the community to keep the Chivalry experience high-quality. I don’t know why votekicks have been rate limited, but without an admin online, it is now near impossible to clean up a server full of trolls, or high-ping players. Why was this introduced? Was it a problem before? I know some people abused it, but I’d rather have a few people abuse the votekick feature than abuse other players.

• One of the developers came in with with a sorta rushed post talking about these new limits. While they have the right idea the limits were too much.

• @lemonater47:

One of the developers came in with with a sorta rushed post talking about these new limits. While they have the right idea the limits were too much.

Agreed. They could have started with maybe a 30-60 second interval. It seems like the interval is an entire match. I can only seem to get one votekick in every 10 minutes.

• Yep it’s a 10 minute interval between Votekicks.

Players who have had a failed votekick against them also get 2 minutes of immunity.

• leave the server and come back and you can vote again
    easiest way to do this is to open console and type ‘reconnect’

• @Albert!:

leave the server and come back and you can vote again
    easiest way to do this is to open console and type ‘reconnect’

Ahh. Now I can go back to abusing votekick.

• Its no worth all that fuss because when you actually take time to stop and try to vote off a teamkilling troll or exploiter,
    along comes another High level IQ team mate and assumes your afk and starts to kick you about or attack you, even
    trying to vote you off. Some of these plebbypeonpeasants are very thick in Chivalry.

• In somewhat related news, post-free weekend wave of new players sees nothing wrong with 120-160ish pings and kicking even obvious laggers is impossible nowadays.

• It’s definitely a worse problem. 10 minutes is stupid. 2 was bad enough. Failed map votechangemap needs to be separate timers from votekick since votekicks need to be readily available. The immunity needs to go, too.

• One Question: How is it TBS fault that players are either too lazy or too stupid to vote kick Teamkillers and High ping?

• @Retsnom:

One Question: How is it TBS fault that players are either too lazy or too stupid to vote kick Teamkillers and High ping?

Firepot damage doesn’t count, neither does catapult or ballista, that’s pretty much TBS fault.

• @Retsnom:

One Question: How is it TBS fault that players are either too lazy or too stupid to vote kick Teamkillers and High ping?

TB puts game on sale.

Morons and kids who made a few bucks from trading cards buy the game.

TB’s and Valves fault.

• @Xylvion:

Firepot damage doesn’t count, neither does catapult or ballista, that’s pretty much TBS fault.

hitting someone while they’re using a cata/ballista also doesn’t give team damage. so give em a friendly whack.

• Firepots really should count towards team damage. Try to kick a dude firepotting his own team in spawn, says 0% team damage, he doesn’t get kicked.