These steam sales are cancer

• Every fucking time. Swarm of 100000000000 people below rank 10s filling up every server including the modded ones (even my beloved Giantslayers). 10000000000 vanguards with greatswords spamming slash in every fight. Red or blue the slash doesn’t care.

AND in the classic duel servers where it takes 30 fucking minutes to get rid of them because there’s like a 5 minute delay between votekicks. Thanks TB for whoever decided to go with that bullshit. I mean, if they wanted to care about learning how to 1v1 instead of slashing into duels we wouldn’t have to VOTEKICK THEM ALL.

My message to steam salers if any of them possess the brain capacity to research what they’re about to spend money on by getting on the forums: Those low rank servers were made for you, go play them and atleast learn what an overhead is before you play with the big boys.

My message to server owners: Put in a minimum rank limit and get rid of these cancers thatll play the game for 10 minutes and put it down forever.

My message to TB: Stop milking this game for money with these crappy TF2 style updates or atleast put some effort back into Deadliest Warriors with all the money you’re making

Yeah, we were all new once. Now we’re fucking not because we decided to learn how to play. Without low rank servers too so I personally wasn’t sheltered from getting gang****d by level 50s till the day came when I could win against them.

• Torn banner doesn’t run any classic duel servers I thought. They are all privately run. So long votekick intervals are the fault of lazy/stupid server admins.

Finding any amount of intelligence on steam is a rare thing indeed. And the stupidity is contagious. Even Retsom who start posting on the steam forums is showing symptoms of the dumb.

• @lemonater47:

Torn banner doesn’t run any classic duel servers I thought. They are all privately run. So long votekick intervals are the fault of lazy/stupid server admins.

Finding any amount of intelligence on steam is a rare thing indeed. And the stupidity is contagious. Even Retsom who start posting on the steam forums is showing symptoms of the dumb.

Experiencing a coherent discussion on Steam is impossible.

• No more sales = no more new players = no more new life into the game = game dies. They’re great for the game and for keeping it going.

Deadliest Warrior is garbage and should only be taken a look at when MW is in a perfect state. Torn Banner obviously doesn’t have enough resources to support MW good enough, so there’s no way they should even begin to think about DW.

• deadliest warrior lol.

I like the new meta - kill the opponents while avoiding your own team.

• @SOC:

No more sales = no more new players = no more new life into the game = game dies. They’re great for the game and for keeping it going.

Deadliest Warrior is garbage and should only be taken a look at when MW is in a perfect state. Torn Banner obviously doesn’t have enough resources to support MW good enough, so there’s no way they should even begin to think about DW.

Fucking everyone on steam owns this game and the reason that the skilled playerbase is so low is because TB hasnt released a real update in forever. Or fixed anything in forever. New players stumbling onto the game for 15 minutes before quitting forever isnt going to help shit. Inbetween steam sales this game is fucking dead because all those new buyers were ran off by the devs.

And DW is garbage because it’s incredibly fucking inbalanced. At its core it’s a hella fun game and could’ve been better than MW. But the devs have brushed it aside since it launched.

• Mod

I just don’t fight in groups. It’s actually safer for me to go me against 3 than it is for me to go have 2 team mates fighting with me against 1 guy.

• @DahDakilven:

Fucking everyone on steam owns this game and the reason that the skilled playerbase is so low is because TB hasnt released a real update in forever. Or fixed anything in forever. New players stumbling onto the game for 15 minutes before quitting forever isnt going to help shit. Inbetween steam sales this game is fucking dead because all those new buyers were ran off by the devs.

^Might not be the only problem but is indeed super unhealthy for the existing playerbase.

• Well, the active player count has gone up since 2014, so I guess the sales helped a bit.

• I do believe that everyone would have a better experience if LMB was used for overhead instead of slash. Really, people would have to find out about the slash and get used to use scroll wheel to attack (funny thing but some people seems to have difficulty using scroll wheel). Also, overheads do encourage some basic drags like, you attack and your opponent runs, so you turn the camera to hit him, and so on.

Slashes are cancer, you need certain skill level to use them in team fights, it shouldn’t be the most obvious attack (lmb).

Some noobs genuinely don’t understand why they TK so much, since people are used to deal damage with a crosshair and not with animations.

About duel, I think that TB official mode is way better then classic duels. At least for pub servers, classic duels is simply impossible to organize with noobs, unless you kick them all. TB duel mode is way better for noobs to learn the game.

• dat baseless blind rage towards TB for things they didnt even do lol

• @Psyfon:

dat baseless blind rage towards TB for things they didnt even do lol

Yeah I have been trolling the Chiv Steam boards and it is full of rage against TBS, High ranked players and all their exploits…. BWAHAHAHAHA

• @DahDakilven:

And DW is garbage because it’s incredibly fucking inbalanced. At its core it’s a hella fun game and could’ve been better than MW. But the devs have brushed it aside since it launched.

Sales increase the skilled players who stay and remain ever so slightly up and also allows for, even if just for the duration of the sale, the population charts to show that Chivalry could still be this amazing always top 10 consistent game played on Steam if the devs actually did support it. I agree, TBS has sucked at supporting Chivalry, but these sales are clear proof that they should continue supporting it and it still could grow to much bigger numbers. Without it, TBS would completely shut down the game and we’d never ever have the chance to play again or see how the game should be.

DW is garbage because of core game design and mechanics that were deliberately put into the game, such as the damage tracers, drag limitations and weak feints. It’s garbage because the skill cap is so low with very little room for good players to shine. Its balance is bad, but it’s definitely not even a big reason why it’s garbage. Those reasons will never be fixed because they’re intended, and thus never be good even if it was balanced.

• @DahDakilven:

Every fucking time. Swarm of 100000000000 people below rank 10s filling up every server including the modded ones (even my beloved Giantslayers). 10000000000 vanguards with greatswords spamming slash in every fight. Red or blue the slash doesn’t care.

AND in the classic duel servers where it takes 30 fucking minutes to get rid of them because there’s like a 5 minute delay between votekicks. Thanks TB for whoever decided to go with that bullshit. I mean, if they wanted to care about learning how to 1v1 instead of slashing into duels we wouldn’t have to VOTEKICK THEM ALL.

My message to steam salers if any of them possess the brain capacity to research what they’re about to spend money on by getting on the forums: Those low rank servers were made for you, go play them and atleast learn what an overhead is before you play with the big boys.

My message to server owners: Put in a minimum rank limit and get rid of these cancers thatll play the game for 10 minutes and put it down forever.

My message to TB: Stop milking this game for money with these crappy TF2 style updates or atleast put some effort back into Deadliest Warriors with all the money you’re making

Yeah, we were all new once. Now we’re fucking not because we decided to learn how to play. Without low rank servers too so I personally wasn’t sheltered from getting gang****d by level 50s till the day came when I could win against them.

Imma say no

• I would agree with much of what the OP is saying. Definitely get rid of low rank servers, The amount of whining about how fun the game is until rank 16 is truly cancerous and breeds the rage and stupidity. This game is hard specially at the upper levels. It is no cake walk of button mashing FTW.

Yes it brings in new players but the majority quit after rank 16 and few stick around to level 40 and that is just when you start to get good.

• Get rid of low rank servers, kindly remind people who run private servers to put minimum rank settings at 15-30 or higher, tb if you’re going to milk this game you can whatever but ffs make an announcement already and pay attention to the tournaments, vanguards idea of lmb default overhead or even stab makes sense and would stop this cancer we kept getting put through.

• @Rodkor:

Imma say no

Eloquent and detailed. I thoroughly enjoyed reading your rebuttal.

However, I must reply for the good of my argument. Please consider sodomizing yourself with the nearest phallic object.

• Stay on topic please.

• Steam sales are necessary.
    Yes, some noobs are annoying (i am a noob aswel, however i try not to be annoying)
    But the todays noobs will be tomorrow’s veterans, (at least some will, i hope)
    as time passes on, the noobs who are unwilling or not humble enough to learn will leave, and the ones who really like the game, and want to improve and make progress will stay, so i think overall the steam sales are positive and important for the game, attracting more people to the community.

• @blast:

Steam sales are necessary.
    Yes, some noobs are annoying (i am a noob aswel, however i try not to be annoying)
    But the todays noobs will be tomorrow’s veterans, (at least some will, i hope)
    as time passes on, the noobs who are unwilling or not humble enough to learn will leave, and the ones who really like the game, and want to improve and make progress will stay, so i think overall the steam sales are positive and important for the game, attracting more people to the community.

You’re right, however free weekend+sale and then Steam sale were definitely too close to each other which made the servers overrun with single digit ranks and greatly lowered the gameplay quality for weeks - I am slowly starting too see more and more times where I kill the enemy and actually NOT get a hit from the back from a teammate half a second later, but it’s not back to normal yet.

Usually influx of noobs would be absorbed well and being around a good number of experienced players would make them adapt quicker to how the game is played (especially in regard to NOT SLASHING THROUGH TEAMMATES), but this time it was too much - there were times when on official TO servers I saw two experienced players and 25+ ranks 0-10s that had no idea how to do the objective, slashed through everybody on their way to enemy and attacked teammates because they probably thought this was FFA.