These steam sales are cancer

• Get rid of low rank servers, kindly remind people who run private servers to put minimum rank settings at 15-30 or higher, tb if you’re going to milk this game you can whatever but ffs make an announcement already and pay attention to the tournaments, vanguards idea of lmb default overhead or even stab makes sense and would stop this cancer we kept getting put through.

• @Rodkor:

Imma say no

Eloquent and detailed. I thoroughly enjoyed reading your rebuttal.

However, I must reply for the good of my argument. Please consider sodomizing yourself with the nearest phallic object.

• Stay on topic please.

• Steam sales are necessary.
    Yes, some noobs are annoying (i am a noob aswel, however i try not to be annoying)
    But the todays noobs will be tomorrow’s veterans, (at least some will, i hope)
    as time passes on, the noobs who are unwilling or not humble enough to learn will leave, and the ones who really like the game, and want to improve and make progress will stay, so i think overall the steam sales are positive and important for the game, attracting more people to the community.

• @blast:

Steam sales are necessary.
    Yes, some noobs are annoying (i am a noob aswel, however i try not to be annoying)
    But the todays noobs will be tomorrow’s veterans, (at least some will, i hope)
    as time passes on, the noobs who are unwilling or not humble enough to learn will leave, and the ones who really like the game, and want to improve and make progress will stay, so i think overall the steam sales are positive and important for the game, attracting more people to the community.

You’re right, however free weekend+sale and then Steam sale were definitely too close to each other which made the servers overrun with single digit ranks and greatly lowered the gameplay quality for weeks - I am slowly starting too see more and more times where I kill the enemy and actually NOT get a hit from the back from a teammate half a second later, but it’s not back to normal yet.

Usually influx of noobs would be absorbed well and being around a good number of experienced players would make them adapt quicker to how the game is played (especially in regard to NOT SLASHING THROUGH TEAMMATES), but this time it was too much - there were times when on official TO servers I saw two experienced players and 25+ ranks 0-10s that had no idea how to do the objective, slashed through everybody on their way to enemy and attacked teammates because they probably thought this was FFA.

• Complaints of steam sales are kind of ignorant imo.
    You need these people to keep the game alive. Yes, most of them have no interest in learning how to play this game perfectly, they just want to have fun swinging weapons around. Is it really that bad to let them do that?
    I’m one of the people who bought chivalry in the latest sale, but actually bothered to learn how to play and actively practice on getting better. Within the first 2 days of playing, I managed to begin topscoring every game and winning every FFA. If you’re a veteran player and are actually good at this game, you could do this without effort and have no reason to complain about the newbies. If you’re that experienced, you should already know that you can just wreck em and forget em, then go back to whatever “important” matters you have in a video game. You should also know that if they’re on your team, they will spam slashes… So avoid them and you won’t have to deal with an unreasonable amount of team damage.

• @MSFJay:

Complaints of steam sales are kind of ignorant imo.
    You need these people to keep the game alive. Yes, most of them have no interest in learning how to play this game perfectly, they just want to have fun swinging weapons around. Is it really that bad to let them do that?
    I’m one of the people who bought chivalry in the latest sale, but actually bothered to learn how to play and actively practice on getting better. Within the first 2 days of playing, I managed to begin topscoring every game and winning every FFA. If you’re a veteran player and are actually good at this game, you could do this without effort and have no reason to complain about the newbies. If you’re that experienced, you should already know that you can just wreck em and forget em, then go back to whatever “important” matters you have in a video game. You should also know that if they’re on your team, they will spam slashes… So avoid them and you won’t have to deal with an unreasonable amount of team damage.

While you are correct in that it keeps the game alive the real complaint should be leveled at what vile, ignorant, arrogant, entitled, spoiled, annoying, victims the majority tend to be. It is really a reflection or indictment of how society has turned on it’s head over the last few years caused by indoctrinated political correctness and trickled down into the gamin world. Each wave of noobs have gotten worse and worse. Overall they are vile creatures that are cheap for one and have learned that if they cannot compete and have no work ethic all they have to do is cry and complain. They need to be spoon fed, coddled, hand held and get a trophy for at least trying the game.

When I found Age of Chivalry, I was so excited to play. I got wrecked over and over again until I figured it out. This is true with most any game. With Chiv I had the privledge of learning it at the same pace as everyone else who got it at release so it wasn’t as bad getting rekt by higher skilled because no one was high skilled really. But I still would die and die a lot till I got better. Sure I complained about certain nerfs and dev changes that I disagreed with but that was from a base of history and knowledge about the game and the mechanics.

Sadly the waves of sales noobs come in with an unrealistic view of the game and when they get killed after lvl 15 they cry hacker, exploits, game bugs and then proceed to vote kick then come on the forums, mostly the Steam forums and raise holy ignorant hell with retarded rants then cry about it when you explain how the game actually functions VS how they think it should function. They tend to be worthless crybabies. I try to help and explain, help them get better but so many are so easily butthurt I wish they would just uninstall and never post or play it again.

• While I agree with the overall point your trying to convey Retsnom. I feel that This:

“the real complaint should be leveled at what vile, ignorant, arrogant, entitled, spoiled, annoying, victims the majority tend to be. It is really a reflection or indictment of how society has turned on it’s head over the last few years caused by indoctrinated political correctness and trickled down into the gamin world. Each wave of noobs have gotten worse and worse.”

is a little overblown. Your linking political correctness with lazy work ethic in gaming?
    Whats funny is that I find a lot of “noobs” to be very crass –> spouting trollish garbage in chat. Of course, its most likely a product of being 11 years old --but in my experience the new players that flood the servers during free weekend are not holy avengers of political “correctness.”

I know that this is one of your “triggers” and I dont want to get into an argument where you start grouping my into some “facist liberal left” party (which I dont belong). I just think your mixing some things together that shouldnt be.

In my view, I dont think too much has changed as far as what kind of game appeals to certain individuals. Chivalry seems to appeal towards those that like to immerse themselves in the skill building. We that are here for the long run dont feel it a waste of time to play the same maps over and over, work on skills, get better by spending massive amounts of hours in game.

Just look at the number of hours you’ve put in. Its a staggering amount – especially if you take the average player and do a comparison. We are the uber nerds that have obsessed over chivalry. So, is it fair to expect the majority to have the same motivation when it comes to this game? --> no way. I liken it to Tetris when it came out on the gameboy. A wildly popular game, but the people that stuck with that and played it non stop, dreamed Tetris, became obsessed with trying to beat it --> a rare breed.

Where I do agree is that these new players that have made up there mind to not like the game sure do come to the steam forum and post some very whiny, emotional complaints. Im probably on the older spectrum of the player base – so it boggles my mind why you would do that.

• I 1st heard about this game maybe 2 years ago, as a former Jedi Knight 2 veteran, 1st person melee games do catch my attention, i was into battlefield games in that time and been playing them untill recently. So i only got this game 1 month ago, not in the 80% off or steam weekend sales, i got it in between those and paid close to full price for it and this game is well worth the full price!

Unlike others, its not a dumbed down game, noob friendy slash fest, anyone comming to this with that mindset will face serious problems, both in the noob servers (wil TK alot, and be votekicked by its peers) or completly wrecked after getting out of the protective newbie bubble after rank 15.
    Of course, as a ignorant noob i faced frustration after rank 16 and no longer being able to acess 0-15 servers, however i was frustrated not because i decided that the game was gitched or full of exploits, i wasnt searching for lame excuses, no, i was frustrated because i was finally aware that after spending that time in the noob servers i wasnt quite readdy, skillwise for combat in the general public servers, they were fun, yes, but were overall a waste of time, a place where you generally dont learn anything usefull.
    I never lame votekicked the oponents that beat me nor i lame insulted anyone in the chat.
    I went to the steam foruns, and gave my opinion about my first 30 hours playing the game, explaining how i found it amazing, complex and fun, but stated that the regular level 15 wasnt ready to be thrown against the likes of the rank 40’s and 50’s on the general gameservers.

Several great people came forth, like Retsnom, Shining Blight and Glassfan, who took their time and patience to explain me, the noob, that i have made a mistake going to the noob servers, where i learned nothing other than being spoon fed, instead i woud made better if i was right into the ‘real world’ play against higly skilled players, that way i would be put under pressure and be forced to pay attention and up my gameplay level to counter them.
    They explained that i would need time to achieve higher combat level, and i would have to endure and put effort in it, all three of them (Retsnom, Shinning Blight and Glassfan) offered to spar with me and show and explain me some tricks and moves, Retsnom actually welcomed me at his own gameserver and explained me alot, sparred with me and corrected alot of my combat style! (Thank you for being the person you are, Retsnom)

Today i am still a noob, and i have alot, and i mean ALOT to learn, however i have a bit more understanding of this game, and i found it even more amazing than i did before, and i see these people i refered to, and others like them, at Steam Forum helping other noobs, like they did and continue to do so, to me.
    And i fail to understand why some ignorant people go there at the foruns, cry like babies, and claim that this is a “toxic community”, those people clearly dont know what a toxic community really is…
    If you are reading this, and you are a newcomer, remember that this game has a Huge learning curve, its not dumbed down, you know nothing about the game yet, but if you are humble and put dedication into it, you will get there.
    Steam sales are not the problem, the majority of the noobs mindset and lazyness is.

• You guys should start using TL;DR in your posts, it’s like reading a full essay.

• @Xylvion:

You guys should start using TL;DR in your posts, it’s like reading a full essay.

But where else would people convey their thoughts and opinions with such linguistic ability?
    School? College? The workplace? Government?

Best leave the real important stuff to the TB forums :)

• new players + no first hit flinch = bad game

when i do actually get overwhelmed by lmb gr8sword trades or run out of stamina butchering 30 noobs before i die, i just have to repeat the same process over and over because they dont even try to block but rather gamble-trade me to death

public got boring at like 1.5k hours