Poll: Archer remove zoom

• Ok I have given up on any more substantial changes to archer - clearly TBS is not interested in making changes.

But there is one glaring choice that would help make them less of a sniper across the map and make hitting your target from long range more fair.

Are you in favor of removing the zoom from archers? Javs/Slings dont have it anyway so it makes sense to me - and yes I play archer 25% of my time.

• New player here, how is this an issue? Only the crossbow can oneshot you, and only if they hit you in the head. I can think of bunch of issues in the game, but archers are so far off that list it puzzles me why people even mention it……

Maybe move one in a while? Raise your shield if you have one? I don’t understand, I don’t even play archer barely at all.

• Easy nerf, absolutely yes.

Not that it would affect comp or good archers any, but it would make the rank 5 pub archer less threatening.

• jokes on you i dont use the zoom !

i just have a FOV toggle for that HAHAHAHAH

• No reason to use a zoom at all, I use the same fov as I do in melee.

• annd everyone will just bypass it by making a FOV toggle

• Would you all be so kind,and please point the spot on the doll where these mean archers have molested you….

• Right in the eye…

• Bindings=(Name=“FOVMelee”,SecondaryKey=,Command=“fov 108 | setbind CapsLock FOVRange”,Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Mod=False,bIgnoreMod=False,Flag=“KBFlag_Movement”,FriendlyName=“Unknown”)
    Bindings=(Name=“FOVRange”,SecondaryKey=,Command=“fov 60 | setbind CapsLock FOVMelee”,Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Mod=False,bIgnoreMod=False,Flag=“KBFlag_Movement”,FriendlyName=“Unknown”)

• This post is deleted!

• FOV and Zoom are really irrelevant to the cancer that is archers. They are simply not balanced for a ranged class. This is another thread that will go nowhere except to continue beating another dead horse.

• @BillDoor:

Bindings=(Name=“FOVMelee”,SecondaryKey=,Command=“fov 108 | setbind CapsLock FOVRange”,Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Mod=False,bIgnoreMod=False,Flag=“KBFlag_Movement”,FriendlyName=“Unknown”)
    Bindings=(Name=“FOVRange”,SecondaryKey=,Command=“fov 60 | setbind CapsLock FOVMelee”,Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Mod=False,bIgnoreMod=False,Flag=“KBFlag_Movement”,FriendlyName=“Unknown”)

Well basically your a blatant cheat. Why even in other games use of scripts are a ban. I think TB should ban you from its
    game for script using and showing how to script. It also demonstrates the weakness of your character to play such a
    known weak nasty class relying on its opness but to try to make that even easier by scripting it. Uninstall tbh your crass.

• As for oilly stool he is just demonstrating his own greed to make money from addons and hats. Its blatantly obvious to
    players active since day of release at how op archers are. I myself will boycott any trash you produce for this game
    oillystump until you amend your crass ways you capitalist. Lock the entire game at one fov has long been overdue.

• @loin:

As for oilly stool he is just demonstrating his own greed to make money from addons and hats. Its blatantly obvious to
    players active since day of release at how op archers are. I myself will boycott any trash you produce for this game
    oillystump until you amend your crass ways you capitalist. Lock the entire game at one fov has long been overdue.

Lol,ok….

• TBH I’m not against a locked FoV, but 110 is way too low. At least 120. 130+ gives such significant advantages, I think the game is better without them.

• Even today I still use fov 90 game was released with and enemies still seem to far away somedays, esp those exploiters

• @Loin

On the off chance you are serious with that last post,and were offended by me poking fun of latest “OMFG nerf archer thread”, allow me to explain why :)

I bought the game sometime of jan 2013- Dec 2012, so yes I did not buy on release,but from that point on ive played through the evolution of the game to its current form. The reason i take a little stab at nerf archers thread is because of the quantity and the desperate grasping at the straws nature of these threads. The way the class is portrayed by people goes contrary to everything i have experienced myself playing it and against it.

The archer class,does what every other class does in this game, and that’s performing well at what the class is intended to do,granted the player is good enough and the conditions allow it. The same way a MAA can shine if it takes advantage of its swiftness, so can an archer at range. The difference is while many players can accept loss if they are themselves engaged in a fight,the fact you can put up a fight makes it easier to accept. Arrows however can be random,deadly and unless you are properly equipped to counter it,its going to cause damage. I can understand that sort of frustration I can understand,but that’s the nature of arrows. The same goes for frustration of fighting to push on to an objective and watching them sit back and plink away. I hate this as well and ill be the first to offer a free beheading to archers sitting in safety shooting. All that i see.

Where you lose me is when you claim,that they are these overpowered gods,who can top the kill lists at ease. Anytime you have a class that is truly overclassed, it attracts more players by nature of the advantage it gives them. When you play this game,the point is to kill a lot,die little and in objective mode to achieve the objective. I play on European servers and I regularly look to see the class make ups in matches and the norm is 50-60%vanguards a handful of MAA and then archers. There may be matches where archers do outnumber MAAs but outnumbering Van and knights is a truly rare thing. If they are so overpowered,why are not more players using them? Do you really think that a majority of players,are these noble gamers who deny themselves the best class when the point is to kill? Who do i see mostly topping the kill lists? Vans and knights,sure occasionally you will see an extremely talented MAA or even archer with most kills, but for the most part,the top killers are the guys swinging the big steel. You may argue overpowered is not the best killer,but seeing that killing is the main goal,then if you are overpowered but not killing a lot does not make much sense. If its getting objective,archers are not too overpowered in that end either. Bottom line most players prefer the van and knights and the kills to death ratio supports that narrative.

The archers who do perform well and top the kill lists are the truly talented in this class. I think its funny people think that its sucks and is an easy class to play. You have to aim your weapon, at middle to long distances and hit a moving target. If its a bow you have to take gravity into account and in that way,crossbows have an advantage over bows. While a smart player will zig zag towards that archer, the good ones can kill the target regardless. If you are a non archer and run in straight lines,its your fault for being predictable and taking an arrow. Being a reliable archer that can perform consistently takes skill,but the reality,most archers don’t match that skill.

At range I feel archers perform exactly as they should, in melee combat however I am inclined to agree,archers are too good at. They are too effective at it and if an enemy engages them in melee,they should have reason to fear. Some adjustments should be made, but not so much they are defenseless.

• Never have such text walls been seen I will plan the ascent tbh mr Oillystool

Any pub knight of years played or even other classes knows the Archer is very ott, in all aspects of this game, let alone
    scripting fov changes, with reknown butter knife spam.
    http://imgur.com/Uh63QZM

• @loin:

Never have such text walls been seen I will plan the ascent tbh mr Oillystool

Any pub knight of years played or even other classes knows the Archer is very ott, in all aspects of this game, let alone
    scripting fov changes, with reknown butter knife spam.
    http://imgur.com/Uh63QZM

The written equivalent of putting your fingers in your ear and saying “blah,blah,blah”. If you think that text wall is big,you should see books,its filled with them.

Oh well,TB does not plan on changing it so either accept it of stop playing,up to you how you spend your time.

• I read you pov thank you tbh. You just sit here all day cooking maps and skins tbh. Do you even play this game ?
    your opinion is flawed as is your wall of piffel text. Archers are op and always have been since release. Why don’t
    you stick to making Archer skins and hats as you appear to be of a weak mindset who doesn’t understand this game.