Community Brabble #4 - plus Vanguard model revamp!

• Developer

Feudal fact: in the last month, Chivalry hit the third largest number of players connected at one time, at over 13,000 concurrent lords and ladies. Plus, the Chivalry Steam Community has now reached 100,000 followers - to celebrate, we’re releasing a complete revamp of the Vanguard class model, for free!

Is Chivalry dead? Nay, it’s more alive than ever.

In this brabble: a Chivalry fan art contest, glorious battlefield panoramas, an incredible javelin kill - and more.

Chiv-gasm

When you get into a groove in Chivalry and really start feelin’ it (via Valiant iÐentity).

Fan Art Contest

With over 70 incredible entries, the Chivalry Fan Art Contest was an amazing display of raw artistic talent. The three winners were:

First place: Last Team Standing by AngusBurgers

Second place: The Siege of Feydrid’s Keep by Sir Galahad the pure

Third place: Agatha Knight Victory by Mr Bunsen

View the full highlights gallery for 50 of our favourites entries.

Jav’ you got a problem?

Incredible javelin kill in brand new Chivalry map Colosseum. (via Filthy Bum)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYBDUdje3Dw

Watch for suspicious overheads

Warning: Never trust a Vanguard! Some sage advice via CaptainCrunchey.

Arrows, pls

Sigh. This video perfectly captures how it feels when the arrows just aren’t going where you want 'em to. (via DawggyH)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbfPmbxXYww

The Battle of Belmez

This really sums up how a glorious game of Chivalry looks. Amazing panoramic screengrab by PewPewPewBow.

Is that a…? Yes it is.

Forsooth! What manner of strange weaponry those barbarians use! (via Chivalrous Tom)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVOnBv8xXsY

The bright light of mercy

Go into the light, my friend. Your time is nigh. (via laughingsnake)

Talk to us!

Have you created an Agatha Knight love pillow to snuggle up with every night? Show us! Get in touch through any of the following networks:

Steam Community
    Community Content thread on the Torn Banner forum
    Subreddit
    Chivalry or Torn Banner on Twitter
    Chivalry or Torn Banner on Facebook

• Player you should post the tourney VODs and stuff in these :D Love to see comp chiv things getting any kind of attention and we had a really snazzy charity tourney

Really cool stuff though. Really happy to see these things still coming up. Yay chiv community!

• @playerhayter:

Is that a…? Yes it is.

Forsooth! What manner of strange weaponry those barbarians use! (via Chivalrous Tom)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVOnBv8xXsY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSnhHq4K37o

@playerhayter:

The bright light of mercy

Go into the light, my friend. Your time is nigh. (via laughingsnake)

http://i.imgur.com/4buCkQn.jpg

• I’m happy to hear vanguards are getting a model revamp because they were always so horrendously ugly without helmets, but I thought they looked great with helmets on. Well, I’m excited but also worried, since you guys have a really bad record of making stuff worse when you try to make it better. I have loved the elite vanguard skins so I’m more excited than worried.

Don’t forget to fix catapult fast clicks, and please allow knights to equip heater shield like a normal shield so we can use heater shield + bastard sword 1h ect., but it’s a low priority so don’t feel like you need to do this any time soon. Also, I still remember TBS fixing Mason kite shields not loading on player backs so thanks again.

• While I’m happy with the new vanguard I was sorta expecting more.

• The vanguard revamp sounds like a good idea actually, except for the colours agatha and mason vanguards are far too similar atm.

• “all players will unlock a mystery update (that we would call highly avant-garde).”

gg well punned ;(

• something neat would be to keep the old vanguard skins as an option for FFA though, just sayin’.

• Oooh, those new Vanguards aren’t nearly as bad as they were before. But wait, does that also mean that their limbs are finally not held on by mere thread and won’t look like they’ve already come off before they’re severed? I sure hope so.

• @SOC:

…and please allow knights to equip heater shield like a normal shield so we can use heater shield + bastard sword 1h ect…

I too wish they’d do this. The coolest looking shield, and with all the light and fast speeds of the kite shield but without the near-complete inability to block projectiles to boot. Unfortunately, since I already asked for this once or twice the last few patches I’m not sure we’ll get it. I still remain hopeful that Hayter will be able to get it to the devs and it’ll be equippable next patch. And then when they inevitable screw it up somehow, maybe it won’t be broken anymore the patch after that. We can dream, eh?

• People have only been asking for that for about 18 months. Give it time.

• Developer

@UnbornAssassin:

Player you should post the tourney VODs and stuff in these :D Love to see comp chiv things getting any kind of attention and we had a really snazzy charity tourney

Really cool stuff though. Really happy to see these things still coming up. Yay chiv community!

For sure, would love to share that stuff. A lot of the content from this Brabble was held over due to the ton of other updates + fan art contest over the past few weeks since Community Fest, so there’s a bit of a backlog of other stuff I wanted to ensure we shared.

• That new Vanguard model is really awesome. Great job keeping it similar but making it look way better than the original.

• So completely new vanilla Vanguard models (new face/outfit/etc)?

Or sort of like a high quality (current) vanilla model?

• Mod

Can’t believe I convinced people to follow the steam page just to get another fucken skin…

• @Tyoson:

Can’t believe I convinced people to follow the steam page just to get another fucken skin…

You have blood on your hands Ty. You are guilty of crimes against mankind. How do you plead?

• Mod

@Oy:

You have blood on your hands Ty. You are guilty of crimes against mankind. How do you plead?

I need a lawyer! All I hoped for was for Torn Banner to announce they’ll go back to fixing bugs and fixing balance. My hopes have been crushed. Now I’m going to jail because lawyers are expensive and I spent all my money on beer.

• Revamps for all classes! Right? Right?

• @Tyoson:

I need a lawyer! All I hoped for was for Torn Banner to announce they’ll go back to fixing bugs and fixing balance. My hopes have been crushed. Now I’m going to jail because lawyers are expensive and I spent all my money on beer.

I’d pay your bail but I just bought a skin.