Chivalry on XBOX One

• I saw an ad for the XBOX One that claims “hundreds of 360 games will be playable on XBOX One”. Anyone know if Chivalry will be one of them?

• No PC players reply to this

Why did you post this in the pc section? xd

• As a PC player I will reply to this.

Highly unlikely. The CPU you see. 1.6GHz and the game isn’t built to utilise 8 cores. The xbox 1 and PS4 have almost exactly the same notebook processor. The PS3 and Xbox360 had specially built microprocessors that you’ll only find in those consoles. A much higher clock speed. They work a lot differently than your standard CPU the xbox 360 one was actually Tri core.

Minimum spec for PC is 2.4GHz. The latest consoles use PC CPUs but at a measly 1.6Ghz. Meaning only games that utilise more than 1 core effectively can run on them lol. Chivalry is not one of those games.

• ^^ Microsoft is adding backwards-compatibilty to the Xbone, Lemon.

I assume which titles work depends on the guys responsible for handling the emulator. They may have to fix it for a lot of games on a case-by-case basis.

• This sounds interesting as either the Xbox one 1TB version or the halo pack master chef? Is to be collected
    by me from Argos in a few weeks , when they email me back for whatever is back in stock first. Can I plug
    my mouse and k/b in this Xbox one? If I have many copies of Chivalry on steam and one unclaimed
    in humble games site, can I use any of them on Xbox one or do you have to buy the Xbox one
    Chivalry disc?

• @dudeface:

^^ Microsoft is adding backwards-compatibilty to the Xbone, Lemon.

I assume which titles work depends on the guys responsible for handling the emulator. They may have to fix it for a lot of games on a case-by-case basis.

I know that but it depends on the game. Whether or not it’s physically possible is what I was talking about.

• Not really sure what Chivalry would be doing that is physically different from other 360 games.

• Adding popularity to a what was a dead thread FTW

• Mod

Make the game 4 player splitscreen on ps4 and xbone. Rule the world.

• @dudeface:

Not really sure what Chivalry would be doing that is physically different from other 360 games.

How the hell is it gonna work on a 1.6GHz CPU? Answer me that.

Microsoft said “hundreds” of games not all games. Not even thousands of games.

• The 360 CPU is a different architecture. While it’s clockrate may be higher, it isn’t actually very powerful.

• @dudeface:

The 360 CPU is a different architecture. While it’s clockrate may be higher, it isn’t actually very powerful.

Yes and the potential of the CPU inside the xbox 1 is pretty damn powerful it benches higher than my i5 3570k.

Problem is chivalry can pretty much only use 1/8th of it. Chivalry doesn’t even work on computers with quad core 2.2GHz CPUs, i7s. Without them being overclocked. Can’t overclock a console. And even if you did you are only gonna get to about 2.2GHz from 1.6GHz anyway lol. Chivalry is all about that clock speed rather than core count. As many older PC games are.

If they made it work for the new consoles we should also see vast improvements for the PC version as well.

• But they already got it running on the 360 CPU which is weak sauce.
    In terms of instructions per second a single core on the Xbone CPU is more than equivalent to one on the Xenos.

• As you said it’s a completely different architecture to the PC and Xbone.

The Xbox one’s CPU is your standard PC CPU. Found in notebooks. If it doesn’t run on one of those notebooks which can have better graphics than the Xbox one then why the hell would it run on the Xbox one lol.

And if if they did make it run on the Xbox one then that would mean they could change the PC version so it utilises the entire CPU.

• Your logic is circular. They already got it running on the 360 CPU. It is weak. They can emulate that weak version.

You’re thinking of how they could get the PC version running on the Xbone. That’s not what they’re doing. They need to get the crippled 360 version running on it. Obviously it’s already running on a crap CPU because it’s running on the 360. Bear in mind that it is an uglier version that doesn’t run as well and has smaller player caps.

• @dudeface:

Your logic is circular. They already got it running on the 360 CPU. It is weak. They can emulate that weak version.

You’re thinking of how they could get the PC version running on the Xbone. That’s not what they’re doing. They need to get the crippled 360 version running on it. Obviously it’s already running on a crap CPU because it’s running on the 360. Bear in mind that it is an uglier version that doesn’t run as well and has smaller player caps.

Its crap but its also completely different that’s what I’m saying.

Then again these days console games don’t even need to hold 30 FPS at 720 to be deemed “Acceptable”.

• Awful lot of techspeak…sounds like you all know what you’re talking about.
    Having spent countless hours on Morrowind, I bought the 360 when I saw Oblivion… was considering Xbone for ESO…sounds like I would be better off spending my $ on a gaming PC.

• @dudeface:

Your logic is circular…

It is lemon logic, he is stuck on the thought that only a single core would be used, any other consideration is out the window.

• @gregcau:

It is lemon logic, he is stuck on the thought that only a single core would be used, any other consideration is out the window.

And when was the last time you said anything vaguely intelligent that contributed to a discussion?