New Zealand - sucking the fun out of the internet. Thanks Lemon8her

• NZ the bastion of political correctness just killed free speech on their internet. Not sure how they will police this specially in online games. Good thing I can still troll him here in the good ole US of A (at least for now till the democraps get total control). You can kick this to the Off Topic section if you want. Way to go Lemon you HAMPLANET…… hehe

http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/trolling-is-now-illegal-in-new-zealand/

• Lol every country will continue trying to pass broader and broader bills until they control the Internet. What they don’t realize is that the Internet is the one thing they can’t own, it belongs to everyone. Pussification of the human race indeed.

• Great time to be a lawyer.

• Well Watson … , its quite obvious now to report our intrepid 500 posts a week poster to the authorities as a first test case.
    After all on this site exists at least 5000 exhibits of evidence hehe. Plus steam forums provide another vital resource
    of evidence ;p

• Clearly you haven’t been to Australia.

• The bill would censor posts that are racist, sexist, show religious intolerance, or hassle people about a disability or sexual orientation.

None of that is trolling lol. After actually reading that article. All of that is against the rules on this forum, against the terms and conditions of facebook, Twitter and the like and all comes under being the “Lowest arsehole you can possibly be”. I thought it was prohibiting actual trolling lol. Even you Rets don’t go this low. If the bill was passed where you are it wouldn’t affect you at all.

Wasn’t even in the news or anything. Nobody would give a shit. Like when Snowden Revealed all of New Zealand’s Goverment spying on live TV. Nobody But Kim Dot Com cared at all.

• So if I made a joke about a black down-syndrome Muslim woman it wouldn’t blow over well with the kiwis?

• @Oy:

So if I made a joke about a black down-syndrome Muslim woman it wouldn’t blow over well with the kiwis?

Well if you read further it’s really targeted abuse. So if you made a joke about a black down-syndrome Muslim woman on a black down-syndrome Muslim women’s facebook page you will have issues. They have the right to press charges.

In other news New Zealand has one of the highest suicide rates in any western country. Though still less than the United states. Which if I recall has the highest suicide rate out of any western country.

• @lemonater47:

Well if you read further it’s really targeted abuse. So if you made a joke about a black down-syndrome Muslim woman on a black down-syndrome Muslim women’s facebook page you will have issues. They have the right to press charges.

In other news New Zealand has one of the highest suicide rates in any western country. Though still less than the United states. Which if I recall has the highest suicide rate out of any western country.

Still has nothing on Japan. Suicide capital of the world unless you count the dumb sand savages that blow themselves up. Guyana apparently has lots of suicides too but I think Japan has probably led historically since the idea of honorable suicide is engrained in their culture.

• @lemonater47:

Not according to wikipedia which uses 2012 WHO data.

• @gregcau:

Not according to wikipedia which uses 2012 WHO data.

says 2011 data if you actually read it just says 2012 on the tab for some reason. I may’ve missed a western country or 2 but it’s still rediculously high and double most other western countries lol.

• @lemonater47:

says 2011 data if you actually read it just says 2012 on the tab for some reason. I may’ve missed a western country or 2 but it’s still rediculously high and double most other western countries lol.

That’s because they started taking the sheep away from the farmers, and they killed themselves because of blue balls.

• @Oy:

That’s because they started taking the sheep away from the farmers, and they killed themselves because of blue balls.

Actually the occupation with the highest suicide rate in the country are farm owners. You’ve solved the mystery.

• Haha brilliant, I always knew my racist stereotypes would help me solve world problems.

• so if i offend people on the internet they can call the cops on me?

i thought we all agreed nazi germany was a bad idea

• Nobody here has done anything that even comes close to what that new law entails.

It’ll get you banned from facebook anyway if you did lol. Violating its terms of use.

• It is just a few steps away from the minority report and the thought police. It is THX1138, now with sheep!

THX1138 ~ “How shall the new environment be programmed? It all happened so slowly that most men failed to realize that anything had happened at all.”

• You’re just one of those crazy people.

• What are the odds of you increasing that statistic Lemon?

• Middle earth isn’t a perfect place. New zealanders used to say “It’s a dangerous business, going out of your door. You step onto the Road, and if you don’t keep your feet, there is no telling where you might be swept off to." But there’s always a glimmer of hope to those who keep an eye out for it, Young squire.