Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Player Survey

• Developer

At Torn Banner HQ, we’re trying to get a better idea of players’ thoughts about Chivalry: Medieval Warfare - ranging from gameplay preferences to general happiness with the game. Help us improve Chivalry and future Torn Banner titles by participating in our survey.

To take part, follow the link below.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/D7K5J5B

As a thank you in advance, we’ve created a free pack of high quality Chivalry phone backgrounds for your pleasure. Enjoy!

• Alright I filled it out, based on some of the questions you had better get ready for some trollish responses to say the least. Had to pick the “It’s seen better days” option but I’m sure there are lots of people who would just have said “it’s shit now, the june patch fucked it.” In summary I’d be on board for another game now that the company is new and improved and more experienced, but it would be nice to hear something about this UE4 project.

• I spent more time organizing my fav. map list than anything else.

• mason or agatha - ugh neither, where is my option.
    gender - free text? too many possibilities for a drop down list?
    social media - so a forum does not count anymore?

apart from that interesting survey, will there be a chiv 2 - I hope so, this game, as much as we whine about some things is the only game I play and so much fun.

• Filled it in as best I could, hope you can use it effectively. Some of the questions were….a little…suggestive to a po-ten-tial sequel? because I’M ALL FOR IT!

• I did it! Thanks for everything Torn Banner I love you

• @dudeface:

I spent more time organizing my fav. map list than anything else.

Same here buddy. Cool survey though.

• The last couple of questions. CHIVALRY 2 CONFIRMED???

• Actually follow through with this and make the game better. Do more balance patches and do them often so anyone who’s upset by them doesn’t have to stay upset for long. Iterate. Don’t be scared to revert. Fix bugs.

And make sure any new projects remain in Medieval England. Give Chivalry the chance to be the game it was always meant to be but never reached.

• Interesting survey indeed, almost points towards a chivalry 2.

• Who voices the agatha archer? I’ve always wondered.

• Thanks for letting us voice our opinions, and more importantly hearing us out. :P

• You missed New Zealand, me and lemon are like the two most influential people on Chiv :P

• They were doing it by region. Obviously an American made this survey.

Australia isn’t a region.

Oceania is.

• And they put Antarctica in it.
    Maybe they expect some penguins are going to take the survey? Hehe.

• @Andimar:

And they put Antarctica in it.
    Maybe they expect some penguins are going to take the survey? Hehe.

Damn it didn’t see it. Would’ve picked Antartica. New Zealand is more part of Antartica than it is australia.

• @SOC:

Do more balance patches and do them often so anyone who’s upset by them doesn’t have to stay upset for long. Iterate. Don’t be scared to revert. Fix bugs.

And make sure any new projects remain in Medieval England. Give Chivalry the chance to be the game it was always meant to be but never reached.

This times a million. My #1 choice was “fix bugs”.

Also, “don’t be scared to revert” is absolutely correct. The team demonstrated that they could do this a while back when they restored tons of lost features like Cftp, slightly reduced bubble (still not enough but at least the initial change was toned down), and more. I’ll never forget how excited the forums were about changes that amounted to “parts of game restored to how they were a few months ago”. lol

Also, I neglected to say this in the survey: I don’t like how the game went from “gritty dirty medieval broadswords and plate armor” to “Skyrim forlorn antler helms and goofy cartoon barbarians”. Medieval Europe and the original game lore of Masons vs. Agatha offer limitless potential for cool ideas and the team took a detour down cartoon alley for some reason.

• @HaHawk:

Medieval Europe and the original game lore of Masons vs. Agatha offer limitless potential for cool ideas and the team took a detour down cartoon alley for some reason.

Because they knew people would buy a helmet with antlers on it. I know I did.

• Took the survey myself as well. I would love to see a sequel based in the crusades that explores the origins of the Agatha/Mason rift which eventually led to their war. It would be cool to have all of the normal classes,along with the addition of a Saracen faction,who have their class equivalent. I’d also love to see special classes like the fighting orders like the Templars/Hospitallers on the Crusader side as well as a Hashsassin class in the Saracen side. I’d love to see large scale assaults on castles,where a big group of Knights try to take a well defended keep manned by a moderate garrison. So you can take many approaches to taking a keep. Trebuchets that fire infected corpses, so that anyone in touch with an infected player is also infected. Basically medieval warfare on a bigger scale .

• More open/sand-box style game modes would be neat as well. Instead of scripted siege battles masked as Team Objective you could have a Siege Mode where you have a fully functional castle or fortress that can be completely destroyed (think Battlefield-esq destructibility). Instead of specific objectives like push the cart, kill the king, burn the village, etc. You just have: take the castle. Players need to work together to tactically create holes (literally) in the defenders defenses through ladders, catapults, siege towers, etc.

I think it’s safe to say most people want proper siege battles. I know I do!