Deadliest Warrior

• I am posting this thread here as it will not get seen in the Deadliest Warrior forums. I have played around 500 hours on this game now and havnt seen any changes whatsoever, it is completely ridiculous as the servers are in need of basic maintenance to even make them remotely playable. In my opinion this is completely stupid as this game has so much potential to be massive, not even mentioning the lack of updates. You may just say “play medieval warfare instead”, however many people including myself prefer DW due to the preferred mechanics.

Torn Banner, please get off your lazy arses and do something productive for DW

• You aint the first one to ask and you aint gonna be the last. Maybe they’ll be nice and add a couple more veteran helmets rofl.

• TBS has said straight up that they are not focusing on DW.

Q:What can we expect as far as updates to Deadliest Warrior?
    A:We are not currently focused on updates to Deadliest Warrior.

forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/22266-Developer-Q-amp-A-results

I assume it’s because they are working on their next project and getting all this new custom content into CMW. That was a while ago, so who knows.

• Link doesn’t work.

Not currently focused implies that they will be.

They also said that like a year ago.

• Fixed the link. I doubt anything has changed. I bet they’re more concerned with this new project & CMW custom content than they are with spending resources fixing a dead expansion. Not that that’s a bad thing, I’m sure the majority of the TBS community would rather see them announce their new project instead of dicking around with DW.

• I, too, am sad at the lack of support for Deadliest Warrior. Game had a lot of good ideas (I mean, obviously, since a lot of them were mine :topsy_turvy:), and I think CMW could’ve benefited from some of the mechanics as well.

• @SlyGoat:

I, too, am sad at the lack of support for Deadliest Warrior. Game had a lot of good ideas (I mean, obviously, since a lot of them were mine :topsy_turvy:), and I think CMW could’ve benefited from some of the mechanics as well.

Good to see you around these parts again Sly. What ideas would those be? :- )

• @SlyGoat:

I, too, am sad at the lack of support for Deadliest Warrior. Game had a lot of good ideas (I mean, obviously, since a lot of them were mine :topsy_turvy:), and I think CMW could’ve benefited from some of the mechanics as well.

Ahahahahaha. . . no.

There’s a reason why no one plays CDW, CMW mechanics are far better. Although, removing the archerclass and giving the other 3 classes the possibility to carry a secondary ranged weapon with far less ammo and damage would’ve been a good idea.

• @Xylvion:

Ahahahahaha. . . no.

There’s a reason why no one plays CDW, CMW mechanics are far better. Although, removing the archerclass and giving the other 3 classes the possibility to carry a secondary ranged weapon with far less ammo and damage would’ve been a good idea.

Back when CDW was new it was actually in a better state than MW. Comparing them now is unfair, after MW has been mostly fixed and DW was totally abandoned.

• @Gauntlet:

Good to see you around these parts again Sly. What ideas would those be? :- )

Weaker ranged weapons used more for utility than as your primary damage dealer (and quickthrows), some of the class mechanics (like Spartans comboing faster when alternating between shield and spear attacks, ninja speed and dodge compared to MaA, and ninja kicks propelling you forwards more), the tracer damage penalty for early/late attacks (done properly, there wasn’t time to finish polishing all of the tracers). In particular I think the ninja was really a masterpiece of a class as far as being the quick, evasive character made of glass and accomplished that evasiveness in a much more fair way than borderline teleport dodging MaA.

• The ninja would be neat, but spartan 360 forcefield shield with OP javs kinda ruins the melee balance. Or the vikings that desync after the 2nd attack in a combo.
    I do however enjoy the ninja, as DW was in the beta stage I suggested to implement a similar animation for MAA to make dodge less wonky.

• @SlyGoat:

Weaker ranged weapons used more for utility than as your primary damage dealer (and quickthrows), some of the class mechanics (like Spartans comboing faster when alternating between shield and spear attacks, ninja speed and dodge compared to MaA, and ninja kicks propelling you forwards more), the tracer damage penalty for early/late attacks (done properly, there wasn’t time to finish polishing all of the tracers). In particular I think the ninja was really a masterpiece of a class as far as being the quick, evasive character made of glass and accomplished that evasiveness in a much more fair way than borderline teleport dodging MaA.

Hey neat, those are some of the mechanics I enjoyed about DW (variable tracer // ninja roll // weaker projectile damage).

So long as you weren’t responsible for that abomination of an ability where vikings gain speed for swinging (either hit or miss). That is unforgivable whoever thought of that. Built in desync mechanic. Also viking tosses, sounds fun in theory until you have a whole team of 4x hatchet vikings who can swap between toss (a toss that you can hold for as long as you please…) and melee attack in the blink of an eye.

I feel for the OP, I have played DW for more hours than I care to admit to. It was a fun game lacking in good game modes, and in serious need of bug fixing and rebalancing.

• @Gauntlet:

Hey neat, those are some of the mechanics I enjoyed about DW (variable tracer // ninja roll // weaker projectile damage).

So long as you weren’t responsible for that abomination of an ability where vikings gain speed for swinging (either hit or miss). That is unforgivable whoever thought of that. Built in desync mechanic. Also viking tosses, sounds fun in theory until you have a whole team of 4x hatchet vikings who can swap between toss (a toss that you can hold for as long as you please…) and melee attack in the blink of an eye.

I feel for the OP, I have played DW for more hours than I care to admit to. It was a fun game lacking in good game modes, and in serious need of bug fixing and rebalancing.

I expressed great concern over the viking ability. Also, never got a chance to actually fix dual wielding (dual wielding is effectively a nerf over single wielding in DW IIRC, you basically gain nothing and lose damage).

And yes, I feel the primary reason DW didn’t do as well as it could have (even moreso than any balance or bug issues) was the lack of real game modes. I think it’s safe to say Team Objective is what made Chivalry a success and keeps it going to this day. Maybe even what made it possible to begin with; after all, just about every map in the original mod was Team Objective (and they were all awesome, I missed many of them in the transition. I think all of the competitive AoC players were collectively outraged at the lack of Monastery in Chiv.)

• I dunno. The team spirit in DW is greater than in MW even now. There’s something about all being Knights charging into a group of vikings that gets that team spirit going.

• @lemonater47:

I dunno. The team spirit in DW is greater than in MW even now. There’s something about all being Knights charging into a group of vikings that gets that team spirit going.

It taps into the racism in all of us. It’s truly a beautiful thing, embracing our differences and mercilessly slaughtering each other for them.

• @lemonater47:

I dunno. The team spirit in DW is greater than in MW even now. There’s something about all being Knights charging into a group of vikings that gets that team spirit going.

I did really like the multi-team battles, they were a much better alternative to free-for-all IMO.

• Ninja is crazy OP with any of their weapons but definitely with staff and Ninjato. Their roll distance is way too far and too fast, on top of their foot speed and crazy stupid animations, plus the easy tracers on staff. Combo stab animation with Ninjato is nearly impossible to read, so is alt overhead. The only thing that keeps Ninja from being the best class is the threat of Spartan throws and their unkickable shields, and they’re weak to Pirates.

The ONLY thing I like about DW is how fast you recover health and weak projectiles/low ammo count. I think blocking throwables is great in DW but it would not be great in MW. Everything else is just really badly designed and would never fit even if it got more polish.

• Unfortunately for you, OP, DW flopped big-time. The majority of people don’t like it over Medieval Warfare and TBS likely will never touch it again.

• Mod

I just didn’t like it due to lack of Team Objective…

• I didn’t like DW because at that point I still took Chivalry serious.

Haha, dem ignorant times.