Major exploit on Hideout

• So the mason general at the end can hide in mason spawn protected.

On my right there was a box you can jump on. You then jump on a player and bounce into the spawn. Alternatively you can come from above their spawn you can walk around up there. That’s how I got in.

Another knight had already got in as well.

All the masons trying to get in that I used to jump on from above.

And of course Agathians could cause havoc inside if they wished.

Easy to get in too. Did it first try. Though there were 4 masons to jump on lol.

• On Belmez Malric can also get into the mason spawn.

• I more or less stopped playing TO after the first batch of playermade maps, I have yet to test any of the new ones.

• Found another exploit on cove. Though doesn’t guve much of an advantage. Agathains can jump on the ballista on the wall in the 2nd stage. From from that ballista to a thatched roof. Walk along the support beam as the dog itself doesn’t have collision. Then drop into Mason spawn. Knights can do it too. Found this out in a strange way. Jumped on a ballista and shielded the operator from arrows. 50-50 chance whether or not the ballista decided to kill you. Next stage followed the guy I was protecting and he showed me that. Soon most of the Mason team were at that ballista. I ended up team swapped and tried as an agathian. The masons didn’t accept me into their spawn this time.

Andrew made the best maps. But we abused him too much so he left.

Or he got fired.

We’ll never know.

• I know several exploits on quite a few old maps as well as some of the newer.

Stoneshill FFA (TDM/LTS/TO?)

• You can break the gate by the ram in non TO modes, not really gamebreaking, except for that it can be used to get out of the map if you know how to and have the patience to move it for 7 minutes.
    • The barn where agatha spawns and later mason spawns you can jump out through the window by either using the gate, or by having a friend boost you.
      -Right outside the barn, the fenced area around the tavern, if you jump the right way there you can get up on the lower roof.
      -The other side of the tavern closest to the hill can be used to jump onto the fence and then on top of the lightpost.
      -The graveyard, you can jump up on the gravestones via one of the benches.
      -At the far back the mountainside doesn’t have any collision and you can easily hide there.
      -One of the houses with some materials outside can be climbed with the use of a pavise shield, resulting in archers being able to sit on top of it.
      -The second hill, the one on the right for masons as they spawn at the first objective can be used to jump up on the house beneath.
      -Theres’s a way to climb stoneshill close to the barn.
      -You can enter one mason spawn by just jumping
      -On FFA, etc. You can get behind all the random crap placed close to one of the mason spawns.
      -In the river, around the waterfall there’s a rock you can hide in.
      -Not an exploit but. . . There’s an extra barricade on top of stoneshill which people often get stuck in.

Stoneshill Throneroom (FFA/TDM/LTS)

• A friend can boost you to the top of the barricade where mason spawns.
    • The bars at the lower level in the courtyard can be run through.
    • You can pavise jump into the agatha spawn.
    • Not an exploit but. . . As carpets don’t appear with low quality settings there are two holes inside the throneroom entrance on the lower level.

CoveFFA (TDM/LTS?)

• In the cathedral at the ‘burn the library’ objective there are no bookshelves and you can walk through the walls and also get out of the map because of that.
    • Not an exploit but. . . You can spawn on all TO spawnpoints which are inaccessible to enemy players, an archer can therefor be untouchable.
      There are a few more, none of which are gamebreaking, such as the tree by the elevator.

There are several ones on other maps such as hillside and colloseum as well, but I’m too lazy to list them.

• There is a blocking volume preventing getting into that Mason spawn in workshop version of Hideout, TBS removed it/changed it last time they patched Hideout that is why people can get in again (I think).

• @INerevar:

On Belmez Malric can also get into the mason spawn.

Agatha chappie can get out of spawn too (and back out the gate, strolling down by the river, etc).

• @dudeface:

Agatha chappie can get out of spawn too (and back out the gate, strolling down by the river, etc).

agatha can also get into the throne room on the Free King stage, break the lever for the bridge, go and snipe mason spawn, or wait in the throne room and ambush the spawning king. lol

• Developer

@Vesanus:

There is a blocking volume preventing getting into that Mason spawn in workshop version of Hideout, TBS removed it/changed it last time they patched Hideout that is why people can get in again (I think).

The exit was partly blocked by it, I forget exactly what the change was but it was largely in the name of better ease of getting out of the spawn. Seemed to remain un-enterable but I guess devs just aren’t good enough at sploiting maps to find these issues.

In any case things in this thread will be fixed for next patch, targetting beta build before the weekend.

• @Tyler:

The exit was partly blocked by it, I forget exactly what the change was but it was largely in the name of better ease of getting out of the spawn. Seemed to remain un-enterable but I guess devs just aren’t good enough at sploiting maps to find these issues.

In any case things in this thread will be fixed for next patch, targetting beta build before the weekend.

Heh, too bad there is nothing like 1-way entrance/exit volume or something.

• Went and removed the FFA cove from our FFA servers actually. Did the library glitch. Found out you could go underneath the whole building and stab people through the floor. Probkem is everybody knows about It now. 3 days later I join an official FFA server and found out that almost everyone was underneath the map stabbing the last few people above ground. Though no one was complaining they were actually having fun dodging the spears from under ground.

You can even go swimming. Can’t get to the first stage though. The kill volume is around that bit of water. Can’t reach the boat either. The terrain ends just before the boat. Rest of the map is walled off.