Packet loss console command exploit

• The console command allows you to cause desyncs easily, this may also be the cause of lots of percieved minor speedhax, when testing it it definitely felt similar.

It is relatively easy to macro it and turn it on/off at a moments notice

• Still allowing testing commands, top tier.
    Is it really an advantage though? I mean shouldn’t it be harder to parry when you’re the one with packet loss as well?

• Well I did mention this intentional warp a while ago, wifi and stuff packets. Your video reflects a good point that TB might
    now look at. As for the macro side imo so many different types of these exist now, even in nasty exploit combat it does
    not surprise me at all. I came across an archer today who was jumping up shove and stab it really seemed as macroed.
    Wouldn’t it be nice to have punkbuster in this game. I mention peanutbutterjelly on other encounters worth a look at. Indepth a very nasty macro crouch into jumpkick while still crouching at head level shield shoveing.
    During all this he actually seems to be permanently crouching, looking at floor during it all. Even in the air.

• If you use like 20 packet loss you can parry just fine and still desync a lot, once you get the first hit in its pretty much gg anyway.

• @Peckles:

If you use like 20 packet loss you can parry just fine and still desync a lot, once you get the first hit in its pretty much gg anyway.

Seems like it’s really quite broken then.

• you cant read most animations on someone with packetloss when they are comboing

it also forces a lot of trades since the game cant decide when you get hit/hit your opponent

• Yeah, aware of the command. Let’s not spam it everywhere for noobs to see please.

• I agree with MrDudeface, it would be a good gesture to remove the utube video plus even edit post here.

• ironically these commands only work in online games not in offline where they’d actually be useful for testing.

• Quick question: does the ping show any changes when using this command?

Also, Torn Banner, please disable it from live ASAP.

There’s also the fact that “broken animations” (actually desyncs usually in between highly dragged combos) look exactly like this. Why is there no freaking server-side compensation for such stuff? Why is the server so silly when judging this kind of shit? Why is the defender penalized when the attacker’s swings should be ineffective as soon as he experiences packet loss?

• @Alphonse:

Quick question: does the ping show any changes when using this command?

don’t think so but there’s also another command you can use to increase your ping.

• Its just like Q3 in some ways if you dig deeper imo. In Q3 we had players changing all kinds of things to gain upper advantage.
    In the end we set servers at maxrate 25000, snaps 40, timenudge is used at -10? maxpackts also, Luckily you could type
    players at console and it showed every players settings on server, so I could kick the naughty ones of instantly.
    Playing at servers requested settings is better all round. ie some clown at maxpackts -99999 or rate 100000
    plus snaps 999 were instantly kicked. A quick command added at console by TB could check all players settings
    on that server to enable admins to swiftly kick.

• @loin:

Its just like Q3 in some ways if you dig deeper imo. In Q3 we had players changing all kinds of things to gain upper advantage.
    In the end we set servers at maxrate 25000, snaps 40, timenudge is used at -10? maxpackts also, Luckily you could type
    players at console and it showed every players settings on server, so I could kick the naughty ones of instantly.
    Playing at servers requested settings is better all round. ie some clown at maxpackts -99999 or rate 100000
    plus snaps 999 were instantly kicked. A quick command added at console by TB could check all players settings
    on that server to enable admins to swiftly kick.

The difference is that Q3 has serverside hit detection. So artificial lag will hurt the lagger more than in Chivalry.
    Here you can calmly give some headshots during lag and they will count as soon as the lag is over.

• Ping doesn’t change one bit, so if someone use this at a low number but still high enough to make a difference it can be hard to clearly call out that it is being used, but still noticable enough as if speedhax was being used.

• It might be possible to add new console commands that display a players settings then. I was told a lot more is under the
    console bonnet then TB might have tapped into atm. When I played Unreal tournie long ago it was fast, almost lag free
    with leagues of clans. Logic dictates since Chivalry is a mod on top then a large resource of console commands to do
    with players and settings must have been forgotten or not even found by TB.

• Soo… this is lag hakn.

Would be nice if devs could disable/remove such commands.

• @Vesanus:

Soo… this is lag hakn.

Would be nice if devs could disable/remove such commands.

I guess our friend warsaw was right all along.

• Agreed, why make a forum post where people might actually become aware of it? This has been in teh game from the start, and without going into further detail TB are already onto dealing with it (according to my friend who reported it after we discovered it)

It’s pretty useless outside of trolling people, even when bound and configured in various ways its just obvious lag and desynchronization

• @Alphonse:

Why is the defender penalized when the attacker’s swings should be ineffective as soon as he experiences packet loss?

because then you would have plebs like punkhest going OMG LAGGY GAME, GIRU CAN U FIX THE SERVER PLS when you look at his ping spiking from his usual 84 up to 160

casual game

EDIT: lol it was punkhest who uploaded the video aswell, typical punkhest, king of pre-thinking things and using his brain

• @daniel10x:

Agreed, why make a forum post where people might actually become aware of it? This has been in teh game from the start, and without going into further detail TB are already onto dealing with it (according to my friend who reported it after we discovered it)

It’s pretty useless outside of trolling people, even when bound and configured in various ways its just obvious lag and desynchronization

Yeah right, face it TB is never going to fix anything unless it becomes widely abused, think about how long it took them to fix superjump, class changing in enemy spawns is still possible and it was reported 2 years ago.

And no, its not useless or obvious at all if you dont set it to a ridiculously high amount, 10-20 is enough to let your attacks hit slightly before the animation reaches the opponent on his screen and reliably desync your combos.

This should be easy enough for TB to hotfix without breaking something else.