For those who play ARK!

• Hello fellow Chivers! Long time no see. Just dropping by to inform those whom it may concern that there is an awesome new Ark: Survival Evolved server up and running.

Server settings are;
    Twice as fast XP gain.
    Twice as fast dino taming.
    Highest level difficulty dinos.
    Highest amount of possible dino spawns.
    Realistic tamed dino settings. (Your dinos will be less OP on here. Still very powerfull though once they gain levels)
    Base protection mod running from 00:00 - 12:00. (Will change this after much discussion with server members to 00:00 - 17:00. Because some people actually have jobs they need to go to ;p)

The server rules are simple;
    Don’t grief, harrass, verbaly abuse or insult other players. RageArk is a friendly pvp community and expects a fair level of maturity coming from you if you want to play here.

Don’t seal or block off caves from other players.
    Building on the outskirts close to the cave is allright, but physically sealing it off with 15 metal doors isn’t.

To connect to the server;
    Follow this link http://arkservers.net/server/5.196.249.80:28025 and press the IP number.
    Alternativly you can add the server to steam server list.

• @Hitom:

Highest amount of possible dino spawns.

Does that mean server administrators can also make the spawn rate much, much lower than vanilla?

From what I’ve seen from this game there’s already a shitfest of lagging dinosaurs on every corner of every beach.
    I’m a huge fan of dinosaurs but I think I’m gonna hold on to my money until people actually report over 20fps on decent video cards as well.

• @Rickvs:

Does that mean server administrators can also make the spawn rate much, much lower than vanilla?

From what I’ve seen from this game there’s already a shitfest of lagging dinosaurs on every corner of every beach.
    I’m a huge fan of dinosaurs but I think I’m gonna hold on to my money until people actually report over 20fps on decent video cards as well.

I run a gtx680 and get steady 50-60fps most of the time. Game still needs optimization though, there are some places where my fps will freeze down to 10-15. But it’s gotten alot better than what it used to.

The lag only seem to be really severe if you play on a shared hosting. Dedicated servers are practicly a must in this game.
    And yes, server admins can reduce spawn count if they so wish.

• I was gonna get this just to try, is it worth full price or should I wait for a sale?

• buffs his claws, what is this a mod?

• @Oy:

I was gonna get this just to try, is it worth full price or should I wait for a sale?

Tbh. It’s probably the best early access game I’ve ever played. Great dev team. Constant patching and communicating with the playerbase.

I bought the game a little over a month ago and allready got 400 hours played time. (Would have been even higher if I didn’t take a week break)

@loin:

buffs his claws, what is this a mod?

Ark: Survival Evolved on steam ;)

• Is this a game where people will feed me to dinosaurs while I am disconnected?
    [] yes
    [
    ] no

• @dudeface:

Is this a game where people will feed me to dinosaurs while I am disconnected?
    [] yes
    [
    ] no

Technically, it can happen yes. But would take some effort.

• In terms of gameplay it’s actually much better than most of the early access survival games. Far more complete and less buggy.

Just frame rate issues for many. Including myself.

And yes it’s got that dumb feature when you log out you just fall unconscious where you are. Until you log in again. Great loggin in to find someone has trapped you inside many many many layers of walls. And then logged out themselves so they couldn’t get me out.

the developers of the game will also pay you $200 for finding exploits.

• @lemonater47:

In terms of gameplay it’s actually much better than most of the early access survival games. Far more complete and less buggy.

Just frame rate issues for many. Including myself.

And yes it’s got that dumb feature when you log out you just fall unconscious where you are. Until you log in again. Great loggin in to find someone has trapped you inside many many many layers of walls. And then logged out themselves so they couldn’t get me out.

the developers of the game will also pay you $200 for finding exploits.

I actually think that feature is great for RP/PvP servers. However, they should probably disable it on PvE servers.

• Join the server guys! Great fun!

• Update! Server is now running stacked mods (six so far). Full mod list available at http://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/10/523890681420259357/