The Chivalry Packet Loss Exploit: Revealed

• Hello everyone, My steam name is Dweller and I have been a competitive Chivalry player since the classic HL2 Mod Age of Chivalry and went on to Alpha Test Chivalry Medieval Warfare, and have been in and ran my owm comp teams since the beginning of the game.

Many of you by now have been made aware of this command [censored] However not all are fully aware of its capabilities and why it ruins all legitimacy of the competitive scene as we have known it. [censored] (or any number you choose) This simple command that has been in Chivalry since the beginning has seen abuse from a large handful of members from the so called “Top” NA Comp team Tempest. A couple of their members have even admitted to it Namely Raw Boner. We have been seeing these players use strange and unusual methods that seem to be outside the realm of possibility for the normal chiv player not using any exploits.

The BreakDown - [censored] allows the game to function as fast and fluid as your internet connection allows you and the normal game default pktloss because this allows all of your animations to be fully readable and on time and in sync with every one of your swings.

[censored] would cause the player to go into a sort of self contained lag state that causes the players animations and game info to not be transfered all at once as it would be if it was set to 0. This causes animations to skip swing frames and become off sync with the animation and timing of the impact, which causes the hits to be nearly unparryable a majority of the time.

[censored] or even less can make it nearly impossible to tell that a player is intentionally doing this to their connection and if practiced at over a period of time in and out of competitive matches players like Raw Boner and other Tempest members could very very well have been using this to win a vast majority of the tournaments and competitions they claim to have been the best and 1st at.

What to do about this? Its very clear and obvious to me that something like this cannot go unpunished by the Chivalry community. I believe that tempest and other players fouind guilty of abusing pktloss commands and practicing these exploits to win, ruins the game for every other team out there that actually works hard to improve their natural skill. We all want fair matches and that simply cannot happen with untrustworthy teams competing in tournaments and leagues.

I really hope that the chivalry community will band with me to stand up against the exploiters and cheaters that have been ruining our game since the beginning and still to this very day!

• Thanks. A fix to remove the relevant commands is already in the works though.

• Dear God…

• Explains the blatant exploits experienced by me and the Faucheur team during the last tournament we played in in the finals after completely crushing them in the semi-finals. Double maul packet-loss strats to completely shut down our knight meta.

hahaha finally winning a tournament against my team by using cheap as fuck commands the torn banner team implemented is pathetic. Your win against us is now null and void imo. To think i gave them the benefit of the doubt to the team and mostly raw boner.

• To DudeFace, This post was not to tornbanner but to the chivalry community to help stop cheaters in the competitive scene, thanks!

• I actually have video evidence of Raw Boner doing this AND TELLING me he is doing it. I think as a community we need to come together and shut down Tempest as a exploit hungry, cheating clan as a whole. I’ve noticed this in their team too, along with plenty of players that I have played with in scrims.

• Convincing evidence.

Guess we’ll see who’s talking after the patch.

• Ahhh shit… lol…
    What does Tempest have to say regarding this exploit?

• @NinjaCub:

Ahhh shit… lol…
    What does Tempest have to say regarding this exploit?

We’re guilty of being good. None of us have ever used exploits or cheat console commands during matches.

• Right now Tempest is organizing the upcoming tourney. How can we have a tourney run by a team that has been cheating, let alone allow them to keep the titles they’ve won? I say anyone who has evidence now is the time to share so we can end any doubt about the subject.

Just talking with another player about this and he said there are way you can cause packetloss outside of the game, so even if a player wasn’t using this command, they could have been doing it another way.

Between Chiv and other upcoming first person melee games that our competitive community will be playing, we should find ways to monitor packetloss and suspend players for it in comp events.

• Whatever you say man. :)

• @LAVA:

Right now Tempest is organizing the upcoming tourney. How can we have a tourney run by a team that has been cheating, let alone allow them to keep the titles they’ve won? I say anyone who has evidence now is the time to share so we can end any doubt about the subject.

Tempest isn’t organizing the tourney, it’s me, Skillz, Unborn, Height, and Simon who are (5 players from 4 teams). Hell, Skillz is donating almost all of the prize money out of his own pocket so that people have something to play for.

• You forgot to mention that the command can improve your ranged aiming skills by like over 9000%.

• This post is deleted!

• Yea Theres no way the community can support a tournament hosted by proven exploiters.

• This post is deleted!

• @Flotch:

I actually have video evidence of Raw Boner doing this AND TELLING me he is doing it. I think as a community we need to come together and shut down Tempest as a exploit hungry, cheating clan as a whole. I’ve noticed this in their team too, along with plenty of players that I have played with in scrims.

so wheres the video?

• @Flotch:

Had to make it fancy.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U63CQ0iIHEU&feature=youtu.be

and the screenshot
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/Fletch_R/screenshot/626348717791864973

That’s pretty blatant, don’t you think? It’d be easily spotted in matches, messing around on an empty server means nothing. Back when we figured out how to fly we did it to play around but never used it in games. There are tournament rules dealing with lagging/desyncing players for a reason.

• @Kim:

That’s pretty blatant, don’t you think? It’d be easily spotted in matches, messing around on an empty server means nothing. Back when we figured out how to fly we did it to play around but never used it in games. There are tournament rules dealing with lagging/desyncing players for a reason.

Not too easy to spot in a 6v6 with 5 melee on 5 melee, its much more hidden with stabs too as you can see. Don’t play innocent spook. We all know Tempest sits in mumble trying to find the next big exploit to keep to themselves and use to their advantage. Not to mention all it takes is one laggy maul hit to change the course of a push in TO.