The Chivalry Packet Loss Exploit: Revealed

• @Flotch:

Had to make it fancy.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U63CQ0iIHEU&feature=youtu.be

and the screenshot
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/Fletch_R/screenshot/626348717791864973

That’s pretty blatant, don’t you think? It’d be easily spotted in matches, messing around on an empty server means nothing. Back when we figured out how to fly we did it to play around but never used it in games. There are tournament rules dealing with lagging/desyncing players for a reason.

• @Kim:

That’s pretty blatant, don’t you think? It’d be easily spotted in matches, messing around on an empty server means nothing. Back when we figured out how to fly we did it to play around but never used it in games. There are tournament rules dealing with lagging/desyncing players for a reason.

Not too easy to spot in a 6v6 with 5 melee on 5 melee, its much more hidden with stabs too as you can see. Don’t play innocent spook. We all know Tempest sits in mumble trying to find the next big exploit to keep to themselves and use to their advantage. Not to mention all it takes is one laggy maul hit to change the course of a push in TO.

• @Flotch:

Not too easy to spot in a 6v6 with 5 melee on 5 melee, its much more hidden with stabs too as you can see.

It may be difficult to spot in real time (it’s still pretty obvious, but I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt), that’s why we have all of the tournament videos saved and uploaded (most are on teripper’s channel). Feel free to go through them and look for anything, though this may lead to confirmation bias.

@Flotch:

We all know Tempest sits in mumble trying to find the next big exploit to keep to themselves and use to their advantage.

The moment we learned of the packet loss command we sent in bug reports to Torn Banner through their contact page. I more recently sent out another one with more cheat commands than just the packet loss one.

• This post is deleted!

• This is all pretty kek tbh. I Kinda doubt anyone is doing anything really, but I will say boner and guts desynced a lot in the “chiv not ded” finals. But nothing that looked too retarded or intentional. But hey, half of the syndicate team that played in that was falsely accused of hacking too, so I really doubt anyone is doing any real hacking/exploiting tbh.

• This post is deleted!

• Look at all these faucheur guys come out of the woodwork lol.

There is no evidence that Boner or any of us used this exploit besides one ancient video where Boner desyncs once. I’ve had the exact same thing happen to me dozens of times throughout the time i’ve played Chiv. Were all the players that did it to me using this exploit as well?

Also where is this idea that we “actively hunt for exploits” coming from? I don’t ever recall any instance of that.

And Sin, you never “crushed” us in the semi-finals. We put up a solid defense and then we were DNF’d on attacking b/c we didn’t have two of our best players.

39 peasants on Stoneshill though, that’s getting crushed.

• Getting beat by exploits is not getting crushed. Good luck getting any decent respect from this community anymore after this news. You guys are trash tier at this point. Hide it all you want, i didn’t know it was as ezzz as pingloss=30 command LOL

Blatant as fuck, watch the replays of final matches. Mauls going through parrys for days.
    inb4 “hurr you just werent parry the mauls correctly” LOL

• @ŠïN:

Getting beat by exploits is not getting crushed. Good luck getting any decent respect from this community anymore after this news. You guys are trash tier at this point. Hide it all you want, i didn’t know it was as ezzz as pingloss=30 command LOL

Blatant as fuck, watch the replays of final matches. Mauls going through parrys for days.
    inb4 “hurr you just werent parry the mauls correctly” LOL

There’s still no evidence that we used the command at all. It seems like you guys don’t know what you’re accusing us of as having packet loss doesn’t make swings go through other people’s parries, it just doesn’t show you attacking on their client as attacks are client sided, so you hit them on your screen but since you dropped the attack packet it doesn’t show on their screen. The other way around however is true, if you’re experiencing packet loss swings will go through your parry as you couldn’t send the “I’m parrying!” packet to the server.

Still won’t convince you guys though, so I guess we’ll just have to wait for the patch to be pushed to live, then we’ll see who’s talking.

• I don’t think a video of raw boner on a private server testing a command is proof that they use it at other times.

• Ya’ll are funny. It’s just a game.

• As a pub Knight I have seen this packetloss exploiting type of squids dominating ffa’s. At least you have admins in
    the usa that actually ban on servers, unlike the uk. I have yet to see even one reported by me on the appeal ban
    section. Why even yesterday I told Three so called board leaders to turn off that packet drop macro, in fact one
    even did, then he quietly went to spec and left. The proof is in the pudding tbh, any amount of undermining that
    does not wash with me at all.

ps. These comp players have 100’s of hours like me but in comp mode but like me can sense
    when the waters are muddy in combat. Imo I always go with what a player of many hours
    feels is wrong or questions his foe. Its called street sense in gaming a subject I made a thread
    about before. These comp players will have this in abundance.

• @swagfox:

This is all pretty kek tbh. I Kinda doubt anyone is doing anything really, but I will say boner and guts desynced a lot in the “chiv not ded” finals. But nothing that looked too retarded or intentional. But hey, half of the syndicate team that played in that was falsely accused of hacking too, so I really doubt anyone is doing any real hacking/exploiting tbh.

Your doubts don’t cut the mustard to me at all. I suspect the usual bs will come along to try
    to undermine a credible thread by the op. Being cheated against is not something you forget.
    If these players felt something was wrong even though a while back in a comp, then its
    doubtful they are wrong. You know a taxi driver never gets lost, they also have street
    sense.

• ayy lmao

10char

• @loin:

Your doubts don’t cut the mustard to me at all. I suspect the usual bs will come along to try
    to undermine a credible thread by the op. Being cheated against is not something you forget.
    If these players felt something was wrong even though a while back in a comp, then its
    doubtful they are wrong. You know a taxi driver never gets lost, they also have street
    sense.

I’ve played with everyone accused of some sort of cheating tbh. Haven’t seen anything way out of the ordinary. I’ve also been accused of cheating and I don’t do anything, so it’s pretty hard for me to buy into good players who wouldn’t need to cheat, needing to cheat.

• Well not all the demi gods play fairly you know. I recall an entire professional clan being kicked from a league or two.
    Infact one of them was in the states. They are very competitive tbh beyond normality. Not only was this clan out
    of sync but even the others were caught ping flooding the rivals in tournaments hehe. The only reason it came to
    light was partially due to the fall over the how the cash dividends would be divided up between some of them.
    If this was athletics , how likely would you have been if somebody said Armstrong was cheating 3 years ago?
    Very good players do cheat in gaming that is a fact not fiction. Staying on top of that hill can cause many
    unusual people to do things they would not ever normally do. Its a career to some you know, an art form.

• This post is deleted!

• @Kim:

It seems like you guys don’t know what you’re accusing us of as having packet loss doesn’t make swings go through other people’s parries, it just doesn’t show you attacking on their client as attacks are client sided, so you hit them on your screen but since you dropped the attack packet it doesn’t show on their screen.

This may be true for 100% packetloss over the whole time of the attack.
    But if you use smaller values or just enable it for a short time, the other players will see the attack but desynced.
    Just like in the video posted.

Not taking any sides here tho.