Longsword and SoW

• Hi, First of all, sorry for my shitty english.

I play with Sow since i started to playing the game. I using 2h against vanguards and knights and 1h for maa’s. im rank 37 and my friends recommending longsword for high ranked dudes. I tried in duel servers but i cant get OK kda’s. i know longsword’s reverse overheads are better but sow is have faster overhead speed. so which is better for duel ?

• They’re both good for duels. They’re both definitely weaker now than they used to be so if you were good at reading SoW feints back in the day, it’s a lot easier now. Longsword has better drags of course, but I think the SoW is still better.

• I think it all comes down to playstyle, Longsword feels better against a lot of people because of the stronger slash and overhead, but the sow got shorter release times which makes it easier to interrupt people then quickly turn around and parry the other person. They’re both great weapons though.

• Getting a hit with SOW is just much easier than with LS and killing a Vanguard with 2 shots is more reliable.

While the coolest weapon of the bastard swords, LS is in a very sad state. No point in using it over SOW in duels and even less sense in TO when Messer is 10 times better.

• Personally I think the longsword is a more dynamic weapon, which makes it better for high level of play. SOW is a good weapon though and is totally an option if it suits you better

• @petergriffin:

Getting a hit with SOW is just much easier than with LS and killing a Vanguard with 2 shots is more reliable.

While the coolest weapon of the bastard swords, LS is in a very sad state. No point in using it over SOW in duels and even less sense in TO when Messer is 10 times better.

It’s way more dynamic than the SoW. You can barely drag the SoW at all, but the LS is very draggable, of course nothing compared to the stupid PoS that is the messer.
    LS is a great weapon to learn with.

• @NesTea:

It’s way more dynamic than the SoW. You can barely drag the SoW at all, but the LS is very draggable, of course nothing compared to the stupid PoS that is the messer.
    LS is a great weapon to learn with.

Yea, LS is kinda the wooden training sword of chivalry.