In game voice

• if only to listen to the ragers rage when they get rekt by an ROH or dragged stab, it would be great to have the in game voice chat enabled. oh, it would make for some great Chivalry: The Noob rage Youtube compilation videos. :unconscious:

• When it was enabled, mostly we just had idiots playing crappy music at full mic volume. Let us never return to the days of Justin Bieber as background music.

• A mute system would be so easy.

• As I recall, they never could make individual muting work and that’s why voicechat was removed.

• I know and that’s why it’s such a shame. They never really planned it when first coding the game, and couldn’t go in and add it.

• Stupid idea by a generic plastic pleb imo. Removing those silly grating voices
    was a very good move. Are you suggesting that not only must they see your
    exploits op but hear your Bs also…? My innate dead toe nails are of more
    interest then the thought of some weak gamers cheap nasty shrill added
    to Chivalry tbh, I would also flag your video on utube If it was full of exploits

• @LordBenedictIronclaw:

if only to listen to the ragers rage when they get rekt by an ROH or dragged stab, it would be great to have the in game voice chat enabled. oh, it would make for some great Chivalry: The Noob rage Youtube compilation videos. :unconscious:

Your reasons are pathetic. Which makes you, in fact, pathetic.

• @Oy:

A mute system would be so easy.

Pfft no. Did you remeber the mute system before? Open the scoreboard click the mute icon. Guy was muted like you wanted. For bout 30 seconds then it automatically unmuted the guy. No matter how many times you push mute he won’t be muted for long.

The game would also mute random people at times that you didn’t want muted. The only way to properly mute someone was hope the game would randomly decide to do it for you.

Voice chat eventually broke to a point where it didn’t even show who was talking. Another patch broke it in away where voice chat would get stuck on for a person. But only a few people on the server could hear that person. So you would be stuck in a game listing to a guy mashing his keyboard and talking to other people in their house or something. Have to go all the way down the list muting people 1 by 1 to see who it was. And of course they got automatically unmuted. Maybe it was a feature for this reason.

You have to remember. This is Torn Banner we’re talking about here.

• I guess you missed my second comment literally right below the first reply where I conceded that they hadn’t really planned a proper VO system and couldn’t do it, but thanks for your essay where you defeat a strawman.

• Voice chat is great. I hope to find a melee title with functional voice some day because I hate stopping to type messages.

• @Oy:

I guess you missed my second comment literally right below the first reply where I conceded that they hadn’t really planned a proper VO system and couldn’t do it, but thanks for your essay where you defeat a strawman.

That I did. I stopped at your first post wrote that then carried on reading. Couldn’t be bothered editing. I usually read the whole thing. The one time I don’t…

• I think a voice chat system would be interesting if it had extensive configuration options.

You may filter by rank so you don’t interact with low ranks on weekends for example. The more customizable, the more legitimate/fun imo.

You could just provide an API and let players do this stuff. I don’t know how painful to implement this it might be with such a large software, though, and especially if unplanned.

• Its very simple tbh. just rent/host a large pub team speak server. Then players could join and you can talk to your hearts
    content with any other player. Its even possible some private servers also have a linked teamspeak server for its players.

• such butthurt, tbh. it was a bit of sarcasm, tbh. anywho, if it could work, sure, but just like in RO, and other games, it gets annoying when you cant effectively mute someone, but meh, its just a game. I don’t take any of this seriously. laugh at some and cringe at some.
    good day, ladies.

• Nobody is butt hurt…? A reasonable solution was suggested. Some veterans remember the regular voice trolls
    that used to infect T/O games on release from harpie music to other grotesque swearing or other censored stuff.
    If TB had managed to repair that feature then it would be present today tbh