Votekick Abuse. Salty Noob keeps kicking me out of FFA.

• The gamemode is FFA.

For the past 3 matches, people have been teaming on this server for whatever reason.
    Its become unplayable in the sense that players actually gang up on you intentionally killing you.
    Recently, - a Teamer, by the name of TheMarfHD, who is new to the server
    and the game apparently - a Rank 20 player, was killed by me at one point. Where he then initiated
    a random votekick for whatever reason.

I’ve become mad at that point, because A ridiculous that these people actually team up in FFA,
    and (B) Salty people gang up on you and Votekick you out when you actually kick their butts.

Anyway, I have some screenshots and a video to prove my point.
    Video shows me getting yet another random votekick when i joined the FFA map, for whatever reason,
    For the third time. This is the third time i get Random votekicked out btw.
    https://youtu.be/h2Lmu0oMiSM

Thats the video

Screenshot of the server:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/…7-18_00003.jpg
    Screenshot of His Profile:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/…7-18_00002.jpg
    Screenshot of Console:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/…7-18_00001.jpg

4 - 5 Random votekicks in a row.

• Well when I joined, which was after you made this post, there were quite a few people hanging around together.
    But it’s not like they ran around in groups teaming up on other players. They just minded their own business fooling around.
    It was your own fault that you were getting teamed by attacking them. They especially didn’t care about you and your rants about teaming, they didn’t try to votekick you.

You should note that some people do not only play this game to kick people’s butts, but to have some fun with friends and just fool around.

I can’t tell what happened before I joined tho, that votekick seems pretty douchy.

• @INerevar:

…. game to kick people’s butts, but to have some fun with friends and just fool around.

I can’t tell what happened before I joined tho, that votekick seems pretty douchy.

Its FFA, they were indeed teaming / goofing around, but even if i did walk past them, 1 would attack, and obviously when you start fighting one, the other 2 / 3 join in and kill you :/

• Last time I saw you on a server you were whining and yelling at people in the chat, I doubt they kick you because they’re salty, they kick you because you are.

• You just have to be freindly back. Just parry all their attacks saying “no no no”, or crouch looking down and move very slowly towards them or bring out your fists.

Though you’d probably need to change your username now. As everyone will know you as the guy who complained bitterly about being killed by passive teamers.

I mean look at that console screenshot of yours. You’re an arsehole. That’s why you got kicked.

• FFA means anything goes, including teaming. Maybe you shouldn’t have been teamkilling, Mr. Operative

• @Xylvion:

Last time I saw you on a server you were whining and yelling at people in the chat, I doubt they kick you because they’re salty, they kick you because you are.

If i was whining, that is probably because i was ganged on.
    I found out recently that 4 people on skype actually coordinated and all that to gang up on others.
    And you see it happen in that server, where they end up having high scores. You will usually see them walking together and all that. There’s this one instance i went up to fight one of them on the cove map,
    ( I managed to kill him and i admit hes a good player, but does spam combo feints, … )
    then i saw the other 3 jump out of the river as they were hiding, waiting for me to walk away after i killed him. ie, some kind of cheesy medieval ambush… when they eventually killed me, - 3 maa’s emote laughed and taunted in chat?

… No other server have i seen this kind of metagaming but, hey, that server got that kind of metagaming going.
    Moreover, people actually have grudges. Which is shocking.

Yes i was whining, but because im a good player and they know it, and intentionally gang up on me because they simply cant 1 Vs 1 fair fight.
    On many occasions when i get killed, i see them walk off and make laughing emotes - not fighting each other obviously being in a group. So to give you an idea. I think you would complain too frankly.

as For FFA, i was under the impression the game mode was literally FFA, Free For all, Meaning everyone vs everyone, which sould be the case, but its not because -Edit-(salty) people eventually gang up on you it seems.

Also please read the last message by the Votekick abuser :
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/169434559/Atlas%20Mech%203/2015-07-18_00001.jpg
    Just to give you an idea what kind of people are playing on that server.

• Well back in the day when gaming had a code ffa actually mean’t all vs all, not another version of TDM.
    It seems now the squids of today can’t stand upright alone but need yet another crutch to make themselves
    feel good. I even remember servers banning outright for teaming in any FFA mode, its pride you see.
    Salty is not a word advised to use as its often banded about by exploiting combat freaks imo.

• @loin:

Salty is not a word advised to use as its often banded about by exploiting combat freaks imo.

As of late i don’t know how to describe these people other than mad / or salty.
    Read the last comment in this https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/…7-18_00001.jpg by that same guy.

• Its my dinner time tbh. Just find out who owns/hosts server and report them if they are hijacking that server imo.
    ttfn

• This game had a code of honor?!? LOL
    FFA means ANYTHING. Free For All. Teaming is OK. Barging into a duel is OK. Ganging up is OK. There’s limits on the official servers as to what you can do, but OP haven’t shown any evidence that these people were out of line.
    If you want to 1v1, play a duel server.

• People sometimes get mad at me and my friends for ‘teaming’ in FFA… but like, we’re standing around peacefully admiring each others’ pauldrons or whatever and some vanguard comes up and does his cheesy charge attack and promptly gets annihilated. Again and again! These people have the nerve to complain about literally charging to their own death.

FFA is boring, and spectator mode is boring, but standing around is a decent timepass tbh.

• I must admit tbh when a bunch of us Knights are standing about admiring each’s armour mixtures, esp new Knights
    we do tend to do a few parries to show off ones new swords or I take screenshots of knights as usual for upload,
    now and again some plebby squid pops along to start swiping a knight, As mr Dudeface said its quite ghastly
    the way they meet death at the hand of 5 or more annoyed knights, who were simply pruning each others feathers.

Apart from that a code did exist in ffa back in the day ( non pruning feathers day that is ).

• 99% of the teaming in FFA I see is passive teaming. Where a bunch of random people stand around doing pretty much nothing and defending themselves when attacked. When mindless killing gets boring standing around doing nothing is far more interesting. This sorta teaming is fine. Just avoid them or be Freindly by using voice commands, nodding, crouching and stuff.

Roaming kill squads, I can see how they are a problem. Makes everyone mad. But I haven’t seen one in ages.

Before archer limits were a thing one game of FFA turned into archers vs knights. Essentially there were a bunch of shield Knights standing around doing the stationary battle cry. A bunch of people had changed to archer as they got destryoed when they engaged the Knights in melee. Quite a lot of this was organised through th voice commands and nodding heads alone. The Knights all charged and the last 5 mk ties became archers vs Knights. All shield Knights. Couple of shield MAAs and against the archers. There was one clueless vanguard who didn’t have a clue what was going on but didn’t complain and actually got quite a few kills as everyone was distracted. But yeah things like that can happen. Only they can’t becuase of archer limits. Maybe I’ll remove them from FFA?

• teaming shouldn’t happen at all in ffa - you can argue semantics all you want but every spastic knows that free for all is a gamemode where everyone fights everyone

• @Stael:

teaming shouldn’t happen at all in ffa - you can argue semantics all you want but every spastic knows that free for all is a gamemode where everyone fights everyone

This. Teaming is not fine. Being passive (completely) with friends is. Understand the difference between the two and we’re all good. I’m surprised Xyl hasn’t said anything of the sort considering he spends 2000 hours a week playing with this sort of people.

• I think 99% of the people here will agree that passive teaming is fine, and kill squads are dumb.
    An impromptu knights vs archers thing like lemon was talking about is different though.

• @Jetstream:

This. Teaming is not fine. Being passive (completely) with friends is. Understand the difference between the two and we’re all good. I’m surprised Xyl hasn’t said anything of the sort considering he spends 2000 hours a week playing with this sort of people.

I got no problems taking down 2-3 people though. I myself am passive, I only help a person if they get ganked, you should know as we played it together for like 300 hours+.

• It was great when the adminchangeteam command worked in FFA. Didn’t change their team obviously but what it did do was make them commit suicide. So teamers wouldn’t have a team at all. The best part of it was a message would appear in the chat box saying “you have been autobalanced by the server”. So everyone thought that the game was massively broken rather than an admin doing something.

• @Xylvion:

I got no problems taking down 2-3 people though. I myself am passive, I only help a person if they get ganked, you should know as we played it together for like 300 hours+.

It’s more the fact that they all start acting like they’re God’s gift to the Earth because one of them managed to kill you (and you return to fight them because you’re making the rounds in FFA and happen upon them). You know the ones I’m talking about. I enjoy killing those people whenever I play FFA.