Looking for new moderators/admins.

• Greetings honorable warriors, and also archers.

We’ve had a lot of complaints about people not being able to find an admin online when needed. It is no doubt in the best interest of the community to have a larger group of active admins, so to that end we’re on the hunt for some new people to help out and enforce our current rules: http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/14346-Official-Server-Rules

So if you are (a responsible individual) interested in helping to maintain some semblance of order, and have free time in which to do so, leave a message in this thread.

This obviously isn’t a job per se, but what is expected of you is to have some time available to respond to players that need assistance in a server (with trolls and the like), as well as a general willingness to respond to issues that users raise on the forums and in real-time to people on your friends list or via the official admin group chat that is found here: https://steamcommunity.com/groups/chivserveradmin

These and the steam forums require a small amount of moderation as well, but it is fairly trivial overall.

Kindly outline the following things in your post:
    –---------------------------------------------------
    Name:
    Steam profile link:
    Reason for Applying (issues you see w/ the community, how you would like to address them, what you think you can do to help, etc):
    Relevant Experience: (if any – moderation/community management on other games/websites or technical experience, etc)

Please do not flood this thread with unrelated posts. If you have something to say (whether positive or negative) about anyone who has put in an application here, PM or message it directly to one of the current moderators.

• Good luck finding people for this, hope we get some good admins in EU.

• I’m going to apply because I would actually play pubs if there was a good moderator lurking to keep things under control. Also I’m never biased so if people like Xylvion start causing a scene I will permaban him.

Name: I guess I’m mainly known as "Jetstream"
    Steam profile link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198007684250
    Region: EU
    Reason for Applying (issues you see w/ the community, how you would like to address them, what you think you can do to help, etc): I’m applying because I am fairly active on Steam and would like a reason to play on public servers. Yes, I know, I’ve trolled in the past and it’s something I’m fairly well known for by this time in my life; but, hey, I’m serious about applying because I like to deal with problems and always approach them with an innocent until proven guilty attitude. I’m not actually too familiar with the common complaint about servers - something such as group teamkilling / vote spamming to kick people because majority of server are friends are about the only things I can even recall as reading about.
    Relevant Experience: (if any – moderation/community management on other games/websites or technical experience, etc): I have been a moderator / content writer on a past website - which is now gone from the internet :(. I rose to Council status in RK, and have co-lead cQc - these things aren’t really all that relevant as I’m sure you’ll agree. I have a positive outlook, 99% of the time c|:^), and always like to hear both sides of a story before concluding that person A is in the right. I understand the importance of evidence when it comes to justifying a reason for an action - i.e. ban or even a temporary kick from a server.

EDIT#2: Also i’ve been an admin on many private servers, through 2013-2015.

• Mod

Name: Sir Loin of Beef or Sesstreets
    Steam profile link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198067248474/
    Region: NA EAST
    Reason for Applying: Since I’m on steam pretty much all day I am usually the first person people on my friends list message about people being abusive on servers and more than anything I simply message unborn or gauntlet about it unless I know the server owner if it’s a private server. I see rampant racism and general nasty talk going on in the servers that creates a hostile environment that I wish people didn’t have to put up with.
    Relevant Experience: Administrated a bunch of duel servers and to servers over the last few years for chivalry so I know how the community reacts to things and I know how to fairly moderate.

• Name: I’m going to assume this means my Steam name, which is ToLazy4Name (If you want my actual name, i’ll edit this)

Steam profile link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198097708325

Region: US East (South Carolina)

Reason for Applying: The MAIN issue from my experience is vote kick abuse. Whether it’s kicking better players simply for being better or trying to take over a server so their friends can use it, vote kick abuse is rampant and there’s simply not enough mods to handle it all. Handling this is very simple: if they’re kicking better players, give them a warning/time them out, and if they’re trying to take over a server so they can use it privately, I would instruct them on how to make a Listen server first before moving onto any sort of punishment. This issue isn’t hard to deal with, but again, there’s simply not enough mods to handle such a widespread problem. Also, on a lesser scale, i’ve started noticing a few more hackers than normal (I only encountered a single hacker in my first 500 or so hours on Chiv, but i’ve recently ran into about 2-3 hackers in the span of 300 hours).

Relevant Experience: Nothing major, but I do moderate a few Twitch chats and anyone in the community who knows me can tell you that i’m typically a laid-back individual who likes to help people.

• Name: Reithur
    Steam profile link: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Reithur/
    Region: North America, Central/Eastern
    Reason for Applying : I have encountered on numerous occasions players spouting racist/predjudiced remarks, votekick abuse, and several using obvious speedhacks (accelerated to 200% or more) and have not found any admins to be online or available (I often play between 6:00-7:30 EST). I have always abided by and am willing to uphold Torn Banner’s policies regarding such abuse in a fair manner.

Relevant Experience: Administrator/Moderator of official player forum for MoonBreakers (Username: Loki) for 3 years. I am known for my helpful nature, promotion of community and fair play, and general lack of trollish behaviour. My post history on /r/ChivalryGame and on the Moonbreakers forum will show that I uphold the community first and am patient and even-handed when dealing with conflict.

• Name: Waterboy

Steam profile link: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Waiterboy/

Region: US Central/West

Reason for Applying: I feel like it is someone’s duty to help moderate the servers to stop all the blatant slurring, votekick abuse, and trolling that has gone unchecked in many US West and Central servers. We need someone responsible enough can bring an end to it as often admns (especially in US West) haven’t been really active enough to properly moderate the servers. I enjoy this game more than anyone, and would like to see everyone else be able to enjoy it as much as me. Moderating is kind of my call-to-arms to help out the game.

Relevant Experience: I am very active in Chivalry with nearly 2000 hours, big contributor on the /r/ChivalryGame subreddit, and have been admin on and ran several duel servers. Leader of Meta, a competitive Chivalry clan the has been around for over half a year. I have taken administrative roles in real world situations, so I understand how to fairly judge and balance situations and disputes.

Appreciate you guys still moderating and helping the game grow, it has gone pretty well and community is still thriving thanks to you guys. Although I lack moderating experience, I hope I can eventually be dealing justice with you guys.

• Mod

Name: Spook
    Steam profile link: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ThatSpookyGuy/
    Region: NA East/Central (Toronto)
    Reason for Applying: I’d like to help clean up Official servers and reduce the amount of toxicity within them to make player experiences as good as possible. Fair play and equal justice is a priority.
    Relevant Experience: I have experience managing dirty PR situations (mainly regarding Tempest). Moderator of the /r/chivalrygame subreddit. I do my best to remain unbiased and neutral when confronted with various situations, acting on evidence and not impluse. After 2000 hours of high level play, I know what to look for to catch cheaters in official servers and record sufficient evidence in 1080p/60fps. I’ve also admined many servers from classic duels to TO, and am a leading member for Tempest (although there isn’t any strict “leader” for our team, I’m usually the one managing public perception).

I can also vouch for Reithur and Beef, both very capable people who would make great moderators.

• Global Moderator

Name : Valind
    Steam Profil link : http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/valind/
    Region : EU (FR)
    Reason for applying : most of the time, not enough admins on line ……and i would like to call admins to kick or ban temporary when needed, or report racists ( many :/ ) players, etc… so if i call myself it will be more effective !
    Best regards
    i usualy play every evening for information

• Name: TeuceRRR

Steam profile link: http://steamcommunity.com/id/teucerrr/

Region: NA (US East & Central)

Reason for Applying (issues you see w/ the community, how you would like to address them, what you think you can do to help, etc):

I’m applying to service the Chivalry community. I love the game, and I feel that good moderation is imperative for its success. Obviously trolls are an issue in any game, and having people there to address them is important in keeping order. My only wish is to help enfore the rules put in place by Torn Banner in a fair and just manner. The more competent moderators we have in place the easier it is to enjoy the game for what it is.

Relevant Experience: (if any – moderation/community management on other games/websites or technical experience, etc)

Experience moderating private servers in Chivalry.

• Name: Monarch
    Steam profile link: http://steamcommunity.com/id/snapekillsdumbledoooor/
    Region: North America, Central/Eastern
    Reason for Applying: i frequent the official servers of chivalry often and notice that there are blatant violations of the rules going unpunished. The lack of active server admins is troubling and frustrating. I believe the rise of issues such as vote kick abuse, in game racism, trolling( and sometimes speed-hacks) can be attributed to the lack of official admins. I would like to see a chivalry where people don’t have to worry about such petty issues, a better chivalry. many a time have a seen vote kicks for reasons as silly as being archer or man at arms. I believe that with more (reputable) admins we can cure chivalry of these minor problems and thus help thrust it into an age of full TO servers.
    Relevant Experience: I have been an admin on a total of 3 servers (currently only 2, the other was shut down.). I have hosted 2 servers in my years. All together i have about 700 in-game hours and know the game mechanics fairly well. I also know most console commands and have keybinded some to certain keys (EX. adminkick, adminlogin). I have also been an admin on various servers on other games (G-mod, Call of Duty MW 2). if you have a desire to know the servers i am an admin for i shall state them bellow.
    |KILA| Classic Duel
    |Kila|THUNDERDOME Custom/Mix-Chicago
    Entity Duels (this one is shut down)

• Name: Massikaroz

Steam Profile Link: http://steamcommunity.com/id/massikaroz

Region: NA East/Central

Reason for applying: I’ve been playing this game since the beta version and have more than 3k hours clocked in if you add all my account hours. I’ve seen and experienced all the highs and lows of Chivalry’s community. Nevertheless, I come back to this game everyday because this game is just that damn good. The reason why I wish to apply is because I would very much like to help the community in whichever way possible.

Being an admin, I would ensure that everybody gets equal opportunity so that they can address their concerns and be judged fairly and to prevent the likes of trolls and voting abuse. Mostly, I would ensure that everybody would have an enjoyable experience while playing this game in order to promote a positive and healthy atmosphere.

Relevant Experience: Administered unofficial servers (duel/TO/LTS/TDM). Lead and managed Vk, Faucheur and various other Chivalry Competitive clans as a community

• I can’t do it or there would be many banned ballerinas.

• I would admin the servers, but moderate the forums not a good idea lol

• Name: Tummbumm

Steam profile link: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tummeh/

Region: UK

Reason for Applying: I play on the various EU classic servers almost daily, and have 1440 hours in game. I’ve reported various instances of hackers (long ago now, don’t often see them anymore) and racism/homophobia to the mods. Since I play so often I could easily moderate the servers from racism/rule breaking if I had the moderating powers to do so.

Relevant Experience: Moderated a cute flash game called Transformice for roughly a year, it has a community which boasts over 60,000 simultaneous players at peek times. Considering the amount of people playing it, it had a ridiculous amount of racism/sexism/hacking/whatever else going on at all times so I dedicated an embarrassing amount of time to trying to help that game’s various communities. I’ve also moderated various small forums over the years.

• Name: Alpha Wolf

Steam Profile Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198200820561/

Region: US East/Central

Reason for Applying: I often play on the official servers US east and central servers. The amount of negativity and offensive behavior on some-days in public servers just runs rampant. It’s what gave chivalry such a bad reputation and one of the reasons why new players leave after playing 2 hours. My hope is that with better admins, Chivalry can maintain a healthy community

Relevant Experience: Moderator on a mobile mmo game called pocket legends. I’ve spent around 800 hours in total for chivalry (on different accounts) and I am also an admin for an unofficial chivalry server.

• Name: Andimar
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/andimar/
    Region: France/EU

I actually applied for such a position on the 4 of May of this year, using the email address provided in an older post about this same topic.

I’m going to quote that, as I don’t think there’s really anything I could add to it, and my mind hasn’t changed since then;

Dear Torn Banner Studios,

My name is Antoine M. I’m from France, living next to Paris, and I’m a 24-year-old studying history (on my way to become a teacher).

I’m writing you this email so as to apply for a position as an admin on your official Chivalry Medieval Warfare game servers.

I’ve been playing Chivalry a lot for the past two years (having already clocked more than 1600 hours), have been a clan member of several clans, as well and co-leader and then leader of O.D.G, and I believe I have as much experience with the game mechanics as with its community.

If you were to do an inquiry on the game’s regular players in Europe, I’m sure you would find that I have never had any quarrels with anybody for any wrong reasons, and that, as far as I’m aware, people consider me rather trustworthy. :P

The reason why I’m even writing this is that there is a lot of policing to be done in Europe when it comes to people’s behavior on the official servers, and the two admins you currently have here don’t have the time nor the ability to prevent all types of abuse on all servers at the same time.
    In my 1500+ hours of playing Chivalry, I’ve so often seen people abuse others and then boast about the fact that nothing is ever going to happen to them because the servers aren’t being policed, I’ve grown tired of them being half-right.

As a solution, I’ve regularly helped Kittyana by warning her of abusers (griefers, racists, speedhackers…) on the servers I play on, and by providing proof via screenshots over the last 6 months (including that of some very well-known awful people whose names I can’t really mention here).

But Kittyana, just like MonkeyFiend, is only one person. And just like him she has other obligations in her life besides doing this admin work on the Chivalry servers. Two people for so many players and so many servers just isn’t enough in my opinion. Especially since the rarity of admin sights gives abused people the false idea that this game is some kind of savage land where absolutely everything is allowed and that nothing can be done about it.

Therefore I humbly request that you give me the tools necessary to me to help enforce the rules set by you on the game.

And obviously enough, I can only encourage you to get a few more people onboard on this side of the Atlantic Ocean.

Here is the link to my Steam profile in case you need to see it:
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/andimar/

And there is my email address in case it doesn’t show for some reason and you need more information:

Sincerely,
    A M.

I merely removed a few bits about my personal info, and updated a few others when I deemed that necessary.

• Name: tbcoasterman
    Steam profile link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198047004069/
    Region: NA West
    I play on the official west coast TO servers. Most of the time there aren’t any issues, but sometimes there are with racism or griefing players. People occasionally assume I am an admin since I play very often and I suppose they recognize my name. I feel that I’m mature and patient, not much else to say I guess.
    I used to be a moderator for Island Defense hosted by some clan on WC3 back when I used to play. I think it was clan ENT or GAME or BGN.

P.S. I’m not interested in reading the forums really… on this site or the steam ones. I just would like to be able to help keep the games I’m in civilized and… chivalrous to an extent.

• Name: Murca/Peasant/Pacifister

Steam profile link:
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/Peasant420
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198028899021I
    In lieu of having a post history on this forum, here is my reddit account as well: https://www.reddit.com/user/Peasant420

Region: Southeast

Reason for Applying: I enjoy playing the game without bigots. Additionally, the pub community needs an admin without a bias in favor of comp players.

Relevant Experience: Not a lot, outside of playing a load of Chivalry. I was an admin on a private dueling server for about two weeks, where I only ever had to ban one person: King Leonidas. I am not quick to ban, though I am quick to kick players who are unresponsive to warnings in chat.

Endorsements: You can’t really go wrong with Spook, Teuce, or Reithur.

• Global Moderator

@gregcau:

I would admin the servers, but moderate the forums not a good idea lol

In the same boat. Mean I would have to almost stop posting.

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.