Looking for new moderators/admins.

• Name : FireBlood

Steam profile link : http://steamcommunity.com/id/FireBlood835/

Region : EU

Reason for Applying : I play on FFA servers mostly (UK and DE) but also on duel ones. I see vote abuse, insults and basicly cancer behaviours every day. I am no rule nazi, but very often it goes way too far, and sadly the culprits go away with it most of the time. I also realized most people don’t read the rules, and assume theirs, which causes conflicts and of course more insults.

A lot of people complain that the chiv community is getting very small, due to a low amount of new players, but when you see how new players are treated, you can hardly blame them for not staying. I really love chivalry, and i think if there were less trolls and cancer players, the game could still be flourishing even though it’s old.

Since I play on a daily basis, i can monitor the servers i play in, which could be a big help since a lot of people dont report, or even know how to.

Relevant Experience : over 700 hours in the game, I have played thousands in online games in general so I am very experienced with the communities. I speak English, French, a bit of Dutch, and i understand a bit of Spanish and Italian (enough to know the general meaning of most sentences).

In term of availability, as said i play every day at least an hour, during the year i have classes, but i would still be connected on steam every evening, and even if i’m not playing i would stay in the admin chat to help any person who needs it.

Thank you for reading my application, and have a nice day.

• This post is deleted!

• Name: Snafu
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/GUNSNROSES888/
    Region: EU
    Reason for applying:
    Im applying just for the DW part of the game, the game is more or less dying by many unnessecary teamkills, votekicks and spammers. Even though for some people the fun of the game lays within these aspects, sometimes there needs to be drawn a line between fun and trolling; since that takes away the fun for others. I don’t really play the game in a competative way, I’m more in it for the fun and I’d like to help others achieve that too. Unfortunately there is a lack of admins in Deadliest Warrior and I hope we can change that as I am happy to help. This is probably the only game I play so I’m very active.

Kinds Regards,
    Snafu

• Global Moderator

Name: Papsi
    Steam profile link: http://steamcommunity.com/id/dRoo
    Region: NA - East
    Reason for Applying (issues you see w/ the community, how you would like to address them, what you think you can do to help, etc):
    I have a lot of free time. Enjoy CMW and enjoy (most) of the community. I’d love to see it grow and prosper. I’ve seen a large influx of rule breaking lately and it bothers me. I’d love to give back to the community. I have in the past assisted admins with fixing rule breakers.
    Relevant Experience: None, unless maintaining [B] counts.

Strawberry Cupcakes,
    Papsikins Heironomous Boschnlaumb Tyrannathesaurus Rex [B]uttman the 1st of Wellington

• Name: Poopy
    Steam profile link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198046319286/
    Reason for Applying: I usually play on Deadliest Warrior with a bit of Medieval Warfare on the side, but I’m mainly applying for DW.
    The game is full of glitches which players abuse, the chat is constantly being spammed by players who made binds, people escaping the maps and making people wait until the timer runs out, and the players who actually want to enjoy the game are forced to quit because the game is simply unplayable like this. I want to make these players stop, and not just simply ban them and be rid of them, I don’t want the community to die completely, but I want to make these players understand what they are doing, and why they should stop doing this, for the better of the community.
    Relevant Experience: I’ve played my fair share of Chivalry MW and DW, around 1000 hours on DW and 500 on MW.

• Name: Hilly Cliff
    Steam profile link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198005132616/
    Reason for Applying: I already do what I can by asking people to stop when they do intentional td or use racist language. I’ve reported a fair amount of incidents to an admin friend in the past. I’m applying for a simple reason. When I kindly tell someone to stop firepotting their spawning team mates and they don’t stop I would like to be able to kick them out even if they have 0% td. (Persistent trolls know how to avoid votekicks.) I love to joke around in chiv but I also think rules are important because they make sure that the game is fair. I think rules are necessary to make sure everyone gets a chance to have fun. There are lots of ways you can clown around in chiv without breaking the rules.
    Relevant Experience: I’m older than the internet. ;) Have modded forums in the past. Think I’ve seen it all more or less. I can be annoyed and disappointed but I don’t rage. Too old for that shit.

• Mod

Name: Random 428
    Steam profile link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198023927828/

Reason for Applying: Having logged 3995 hours in Chivalry, and with a non-boosted level 60 just about to come up, I feel that the community still needs extra help to run smoothly. I mostly play pub TO and find that far too often a single troll can ruin a game for the other 30 people who have spent half an hour in a closely fought battle. The mere presence of an admin can calm things down and remind people to stay within the rules. I have a strong sense of justice and fairness coupled with a love of Chivalry which makes me wish that new players could see the game at its best rather than come away with the impression of a toxic community due to the minority. There is nothing else like Chivalry so we all need to work together to encourage its growth if we want to continue playing. Honestly, I never wanted to be an admin but I believe I could help the game by reminding players to follow the rules so I decided to apply after a few people suggested that I try. I don’t get angry and know how to behave in an unbiased way.

Relevant Experience: Over the last year, I’ve rented / controlled a couple of Chivalry servers for use in the competitive scene and for pub TO. My knowledge of Chivalry and its players is well-rounded after so many hours played (I have about 160 steam friends from Chiv with an average playtime of over 1500 hours each).

• Hello dear readers!

My name is Old´Un, and I hail thee from the frozen lands of Finland!
    I am a 33-year old fellow chivalry player, and I am sending my application to be official server admin for a game many of us love.
    Below you can find some information regarding me as a player and why I am applying to be admin to this game.

–---------------------------------------------------
    Name: Old´Un, Boris the Soviet Lovehammer

Steam profile link: http://steamcommunity.com/id/j-fish
    (it is currently set on private, if more information of my steam profile is required, kindly send me a friend request and we shall chat more)

Region: EU / Scandinavia

Reason for Applying:

I am applying to be an official server admin simply because this game and this community don´t seem to be anymore fun to be in, yet the game is still fun to play.
    I would love to do my part and help make the official servers a better place for new and old players to have fun with, relax, blow off some steam and chop off heads
    instead of being a safe haven for trolls, badmouthing little kids and intentional griefers.

Biggest problem I see for this community is the lack of new players.
    How we can help get more players to keep the community fresh? By helping them have a pleasant gaming experience.
    Youtube is full of people posting videos of playing Chivalry for the first time, and the one thing that is common with them is the heartwarming joy in glorious decapitation.
    However, the feeling tends to not last very long once they hit rank 16 and join the “real” servers. What I normally see is enough salt and trolling and griefing to make certain the pleasant experience won´t last very long. I get it that it´s bad enough for a new player to join the game and get utterly stomped upon by a higher ranked / more skilled player. I don´t believe it is necessary to add more insult to injury by calling people “shitnoobs” or worse. In other words, I would love to help keeping the community a bit more civil, a place where people can come to relax and have fun.

Of course it is not enough for one to simply point out problems, it is far more helpful to offer advice as well. So how would Old´Un help exactly?
    Well, to answer that question, Old´Un would talk to people. It´s not enough to tell someone to stop being an asshole, it is in my experience more effective to tell them how and why they are being an asshole too. Make them realize that “hmm, maybe this strange man from the internet does have a point, maybe I should stop being an asshole the next time I play Chivalry”
    However, there are cases where I do think permanent bans are a perfectly justifiable tool to keeping the community civil. There are other games and other admins for those.
    For example, in my opinion speed hackers, once properly detected and analyzed shall enjoy a swift and preferably permanent removal from the servers.

So what makes a good admin then? In my opinion being a good admin is rather simple. Be fair, be unbiased and be available. I am these things, hence the application :)
    As an admin I am also aware, that I¨d be also enforcing the set-upon rules laid down by my predecessors, and I have read those rules, and more importantly, I understand the rules.

Relevant Experience:

During my long history as a gamer, I have been a server admin to various games.
    Used to be one in one of Finlands most popular CS 1.6 servers for couple of years, continued my admining career in Half-Life mod called Natural Selection for couple of years as well and
    I have admined a bit of Chivalry training server.

For any further questions, please add me on steam and we can discuss further.

Old´Un

• Name : Karl

Steam Profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/playerkarl/

Region: West Coast - North America

Reason For Applying:
    I’m interested in contributing to the West coast chivalry community. The majority of my 1000+ hours have been played on West TO servers. There has been a lack of admin activity on these servers in the past few months and I would like to help.

Relevant Experience:
    -Server owner / Admin on multiple games.
    -Mature, common sense approach to moderation.
    -Active member of the community.

Thanks for your consideration.

• Mod

Hey there,

I thought I’d re-post an application, my last one was from about 6 months ago. I’ve come back after a 3 month absence working in Spain and saw that not much has changed. I usually play between 10AM - 1PM (GMT+1) most days and I rarely see any admins online, yet I still encounter a lot of people breaking rules such as TKing, votekick abuse and even glitching outside map (especially on Irilla). In any case here is my old application, thanks for your time and consideration.

Name: Khan

Steam profile link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988129936/

Region: EU/FR

Reason for Applying: First off, current admins are quick and efficient from what I’ve seen yet there seems to not be enough online especially in the morning hours in Western Europe / afternoon Russia. I believe there are many people out there that use this game as an outlet to relief anger or stress by either trolling or griefing others. This issue has been a constant on this game but I feel there might be a way to dialogue with certain people of this group and maybe convince them that their ways are detrimental not only to the community but to themselves as well. I think I can help with addressing to people’s issues in game and on forums but also start dialogues with “rule offenders” to try and work something beneficial for all. In any case, I’m a casual player and friendly to new comers especially, the point of me applying for this is to try and keep chivalry’s community alive and healthy even after Mirage’s release.

Relevant Experience: I’ve been admin to some CS:S servers about 5-7 years ago (surf mod servers mostly) and have had much experience pertaining to cyber bullying and griefing from that front. I also tutor children in English Lit. and History which gives me an incredible amount of patience. It’s very difficult to annoy/anger me since I’ve always thought video games should be fun, entertaining and a chance to be part of a community (very much like any sports out there). I speak English/French/Italian/Spanish fluently, yet my writing in the 2 later ones needs a little improvement. I’ve recently completed my professional Diver Master license as well, which taught me a lot on how to communicate and respect any clientele depending on their background and mentality. I’ve been working with an International group of colleagues for the past 3 months and we’ve had to be responsible for people’s safety, comfort and fun.

• Name: SuN / Royal Dance / ~K~
    Steam profile link: http://steamcommunity.com/id/QVK/
    Reason for Applying: I just don’t see any admins on the EU Servers… that’s the reason. I just know ONE EU server admin (Catbug) that’s it. I joined so many times a official server and get kicked by players cause i was rank 50… 5 mins ago i was kicked from a player i killed cause he is raging around (so for no reason). Btw wanna protect guys they did nothing !
    Relevant Experience: Yeah i was Mod on a Minecraft server (Haha), host a server at myself so i know the most commands and i know some cool guys like Catbug or Ser Mogan - many players have respect for him ! :D (me too). Futhermore im a technical assistant for computer science.

Last but not least have a great day and have fun (if it possible) in chiv !!! :D

• This post is deleted!

• Name: Vincent (inVINCEable)
    Steam profile link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198132380532/
    Region: EU, (U.K)
    Reason for Applying: I love the game and i play an awful lot. In my own opinion there is not enough admins and with the chivalry sales you will obviously get a lot of new inexperienced players that do not know or understand the rules. If i was an admin i would like to nurture and tell them what they can and cant do as opposed to banning which i feel should only be a last resort option. You would not find a more active admin than me as i am now working from home so i have more time free and i also believe you would not find a fairer one; but obviously i am going to say that :) give me a chance and i can try and help you improve your game.
    Relevant Experience: Ill be honest, i have none.

• Name: Jeff

Steam Profile Link: http://steamcommunity.com/id/LTDragonz

Region: US East

Reason for Applying: I’m a chill dude who really hates when flame wars go on in game chat for no reason. I think it would be nice to be able to act on people using ridiculously close minded comments such as racial slurs, and would have no problem holding up torn banner’s policies.

Relevant Experience: I have managed multiple competitive Team Fortress 2 teams http://www.ugcleague.com/players_page.cfm?player_id=76561198059450566. As well as co-run a Guild Wars 2 guild called [Hood]. People view me as a guy that they can talk to for almost anything, and I will take it upon myself to solve problems between people whether it be 2 friends or 2 clan mates. I have near 1000 hours in chivalry, and am very active on a consistent basis. Being experienced in the game allows me to make good judgments and know when something is wrong in the server.

Endorsements: Nathook and Papsi

• This post is deleted!

• Name: Flowers(flower flower)
    Steam profile link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198190456254/home
    Region: NA West Coast
    Reason for Applying: I’m on everyday. Mostly everyone knows me who plays in pubs and I just see people who aren’t following the rules (i.e. racism, team killing, vote kick abuse, trolls.) I have always followed and am willing to uphold Torn Banner’s policies regarding such abuse in a fair manner.

Relevant Experience: Administrated a lot of duel servers as well as competitive servers.(mostly Fight Club’s pub server and comp server 2014-2016) I know how to be fair. I’m also a guild leader on Swtor for the past 4 years. I am known for helping the people in my guild get gear mounts and help level alts.

• Name: Diogo Machado
    Steam profile link: http://steamcommunity.com/id/diogoma/
    Region: South America (Brazil)
    Reason for Applying: I´m in the game for almost the beginning and I know most of the community of SA because of the tournaments I organized and various clans and other things that I participated. We had some problems with moderation with private BR server is the past, a lot of people got banned because things that only deserved a warning and a serious talk, that made a lot of people give up the game, I wish I could change that making the game more fun for all.
    Relevant Experience: I was the main organizer/moderator of various tournaments in south america and also a owner of a duel server for some time. I´m the leader of a clan in Chivalry too and contributed with various maps for chivalry that got good reviews in workshop. Im also 3d Artist working in the game industry (already worked with UDK but mainly with UE4 right now), so I have technical expertise for the job =].

Thanks a lot for hosting a SA server for us! Cheers!

• Name: Michel Gonçalves
    Steam profile link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197999708637/
    Reason for Applying: Torn Banner is setting up servers in Brazil and I believe we can get a lot of new players around here with that. I want to work to make the community more active, we have a lot of problems in the private servers here that we don’t want in the officials (mostly vote kick abuse, exploits, racism and intentional team killing). We need to create a good “atmosphere” in the new servers if we want new players to keep playing and that’s what I want to do.
    Relevant Experience: I’ve been playing Chivalry since 2012 and I’ve played more than 1800 hours. I was an admin in a private Counter Strike 1.6 server from 2008 to 2010. I’m currently and admin in my Chivalry clan.

• Name: Sir Crusher
    Steam profile link:
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/leCrush
    Reason for Applying (issues you see w/ the community, how you would like to address them, what you think you can do to help, etc): As torn banner is opening south american servers, I’m interested in maintaining a healthy community. We had some problems on private servers, such as racism, xenophobia, team killing on spawns, and even abusive administrators. I want to keep gameplay sessions fun and enjoyable, getting rid of these behaviors.
    I have free time on weekends. I’m well aware and follower of Torn Banner’s rules and I wish to enforce them.
    Relevant Experience: I’ve operated a chivalry sever before, and I have more than 1500 hours on chivalry. I vouch for Diogo and Michel, I know them both and I can guarantee you they are balanced and prepared to manage an official server :D

• Global Moderator

Name: H0ss
    Steam profile link:
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/cordobeslost
    Region: South America (Argentina)
    Reason for Applying (issues you see w/ the community, how you would like to address them, what you think you can do to help, etc):

As a player from the Chivalry’s beta, I’ve seen many things, I know the game, I know the community where I play, know their problems and their solutions, I’ve been punished also (no one is perfect). I’ve been in contact with Torn Banner’s devs for 3 years trying to get this servers, and finally here they are. Im happy for our own Chiv community and I will do the best to make the officials servers the best place to play.