Looking for new moderators/admins.

• I’m unsure if the Chivalry team is still seeking out administration and or moderator applications, but I’d like to give it a go as I’ve been a part of this community for a number of years, even back to Age of Chivalry days!

Name: Justin Lewis (Viking on forums)

Steam profile link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197967815885/

Region: United States, Kentucky (EST/CENTRAL)

Reason for Applying: Throughout the years, I’ve been a part of Chivalry’s beta & alpha testing teams, starting in Age of Chivalry as a beta tester, and then Chivalry: MW during the alpha testing days of the game. I’m not merely applying to have some form of advantage over other users, but to better the community and solve issues that arise commonly throughout every online based community. I do believe in Chivalry’s general acceptable rules per server you join, including the varies communities across Steam’s discussions and this website here – I also believe that a majority of issues can be resolved without an immediate haste of actions on an individual, such as talking through any possible conflicts (in-game especially), and working things out without the necessities of doing any kind of permanent actions on that player (a simple mute sometimes can often alleviate many issues and problems, as I’ve found over the years). I believe with such a neutral and common stance, I’d like to help the community rather than merely bring forth issues, as I once did back in the beta testing eras.

Relevant Experience: I’d contribute my relevant experience towards my beta & alpha testing days with Age of Chivalry (primarily with Blaine in those days), and Chivalry: MW during the early days before the new game was actually named! Outside of those, I’ve been a PR person for a Steam released game since 2014 and moderator the Steam discussions actively – I’m extremely familiar with Steam related moderation, and global forum policies as a whole. I’ve ran a few various communities over the years in the Counter-Strike lands of surfing, where moderation and administration were both equally needed, but I view such an experience as a positive due to my ability with working through issues instead of merely issuing bans, or other actions.

I personally believe I’d definitely make a positive contribution towards the moderator, and or administration team for Chivalry, and the upcoming release of Chivalry 2. I’ve always have had an incredibly deep interest in the series, ever since Age of Chivalry days. :-)

Thanks!

• Name: Kalun, (IGN is dominus).
    Steam profile link: http://steamcommunity.com/id/donboscopp/
    Region: Australiasia/Oceania.
    Reason for Applying (issues you see w/ the community, how you would like to address them, what you think you can do to help, etc):

• Contribution to community - I was lately introduced to Chivalry: Medieval Warfare’s OCE community, and though largely diminished, the existing community were quick to show me the ropes and played a large role in developing my interest to Melee Slashers as a whole, as I’d never been exposed to the genre before. This interest lead me to pay forward to the Mordhau kickstarter, and I have been playing Mordhau since late 2018. In this time, I’ve enjoyed the genre to an extent that I began to look for avenues I could participate under to encourage a positive learning environment for newer players and keep the competitive players content, which lead to me applying under KZG/Outback Gaming communities. Later on, as I am heavily involved in the OCE competitive scene I became a representative for them under the Venatus Melee Group, where I assisted in organising tournaments, gauging community interest and over-watching OCE Venatus events. With Chivalry 2 on the verge of release, I am keen to put myself forward and provide the community (in-game, forums + discord) my knowledge I have gained in moderation/management in the past of the genre.

• Region representation - AFAIK, Lemonater47 is the only Australasian representative within the Chivalry 2 moderation team, and whilst I do not know the systems that TornBanner currently have in place for server moderation, I can only assume that Lemonater would not be able to moderate multiple servers at once, (perhaps you can, again I can only assume), and I would obviously be able to assist in this regard. I also know hundreds of OCE Mordhau and Chivalry (those who stayed active via Mordhau) players and am confident that they would have an easier time messaging me via Discord or Steam to address an issue they are experiencing or advice to support tickets etc rather than going through the forums or discord. I am also spending much of my working week at home and have been before COVID due to recovering from an injury, so my availability is consistently everyday to any reasonable hour in the night.

• Pressure alleviation - Currently the Chivalry 2 discord has thousands of members, and tens of moderators. This can be managed to a degree (where I administrate in KZG has 3,000+ members and about 90 moderators), however it would be foolish to think that upon release the numbers of active users will not skyrocket, and I would estimate a ballooning of anywhere above 10,000+ new active users on release. And the current moderator numbers would struggle in my opinion to deal with this. So this would mean that at some point in time, an influx of moderators is needed, but obviously whether that is a constant stream or sudden pull of members is beyond my knowledge.

Relevant Experience (if any – moderation/community management on other games/websites or technical experience, etc):

• 2018-Present: Member of senior management in the Outback Gaming (a FiveM/Mordhau/Arma3 Discord w/ over 500 members as of writing). I am required to answer support-tickets, log kicks and bans, and answer any queries lower management tag me in on the forums (roughly 300 members). I also reported monthly on user numbers/activity to address lower average numbers or other data-evident issues within the server group.

• 2019-Present: Administrator on Killzone Gaming (A CSGO/Mordhau Discord with just over 3,000 members as of writing). In this role I do not handle support tickets, and rather are responsible for community satisfaction within the 4 largely popular Mordhau servers under KZG. There are also frequent staff meetings to be attended to evaluate new staff members or address any issues brought by the community. Accountability is a big deal in this server group, and it isn’t uncommon to have direct conversation with offending parties explaining the reason of the ban etc under an improvised “staff ticket” structure.

• 2019-Present: OCE Venatus Melee Group representative, involved with the Mordhau OCE scene since release in collaboration with organisations that like me, endeavour to promote the game and more widely the genre of melee slashers through streamed tournaments and other means. More recently my role has been partitioned and another representative Katuke has done a lot of good work in my absence. Ensuring all parties are treated appropriately has been a challenge, as miscommunication arose and dealt with the best I was able to.

• 2014-Present: Full-time employment in a role that has developed into my leading of a small team of 7-12 members in an administrative role, through which I have had to deal with inter-organisation relationships, time management and small-team leadership.

I appreciate the time taken to read my application, and am happy to clarify any information via direct message if required.

You should join the order, I nearly broke a sweat.

• how I can contribute

• This post is deleted!

• Name: Kabab
    Steam profile link: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ROrrlossn
    Region: EU
    Reason for Applying: In most of the discord servers as well in here moderators aren’t online that much which happens to affect the amount of that spam/racists/scam/bot spam and if I will be a moderator I will lookout to everyone and make sure that the server is the best place players can hang out with each other and won’t get offended/spammed I truly love to moderate and I would love to moderate here as well
    Relevant Experience: I am learning high-level computer science and learning a lot of languages also I have been a moderator at verified apex legends discord server and that was a wonderful time and I am a fast learner for learning fixes for people and I am a very friendly guy that can connect to everyone :D

• Name: veencrowe
    Steam profile link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/veencrowe
    Region: Russian Federation
    Reason for Applying: Player since 2016, 2500+ hours total also average amount of last 2 weeks is 30-40hrs. EU scene competitive player. Wish fair game for everyone with no racism and bothering in chat. I think it’s fair enough to have an admin from russia so we’re international community. Oftenly see troubles there ppl kick a player for “cheating” or even unreasonable reasons due none can watch em.
    Relevant Experience: 2 own clans also i’m managing some eu servers.

p.s. Had a several steam accounts but had to sold em time by time due to money issues

• Name: The Punishherr
    Steam profile link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198362956902/
    Region: NA East
    Reason for Applying: To help with moderate the community in the chiv2 discord and in game. Open minded and fair. I Don’t tolerate racism, personal attacks or any kind of hate speech at all. Put a lot of time into CMW on Xbox when i was younger and a bit on PC but a lot more time on chiv2. Enlisting in the Army so time is tight but I would love to help to the best of my ability!
    Relevant Experience: I don’t have much experience (other than moderating smaller servers in the past) in the modding field but have reported multiple players in game, and would love to be able to take care of them quicker! Thank you for your time would be more than willing to be of use!

• –---------------------------------------------------
    Name: Yurik
    Steam profile link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197963103847/
    Region: NA West
    Reason for Applying: I played AOC heavily and got big into CMW when it was in early access, played it through launch and for years afterwards, enjoyed it so much I purchased it for several of my friends so we could all play together. However, all of them quit playing after a few weeks/months due to being exposed to the general Chivalry community on the unmoderated official servers.

I tried again when Mordhau launched and bought copies of that game for different friends and found the same thing happened; racial epithets, slurs and other vitriol spewed their way for any reason or no reason at all. They quit after a few weeks and I stopped playing both Mordhau and Chivalry after that myself.

With Chivalry 2 on the horizon I’m hoping that we can have a positive, helpful and welcoming community for newcomers. Slasher games have a lot of mechanics to learn and it would be great if we could teach new players something besides how toxic our playerbase can be.

I firmly believe players shouldn’t have to seek out private servers just to keep slurs out of the chat and enjoy the game. I also predict a lot of newbies and vets will have questions that will end up on the Steam forum, so I’m prepared to be active both ingame and on the discussion pages to give assistance to players asking for help with mechanics, or to mute/remove people who are just trying to ruin the enjoyment of others through abuse.

This also extends to small groups of players who attempt to “lock down” an official server by vote kicking anyone not part of their group, this can be incredibly frustrating to players who are just trying to find a game and get instantly booted by groups of trolls.

Overall, I’m excited to see a new Chivalry game but worried that it will again be nearly impossible to play without slurs filling the official server chat or people deciding to intentionally TK with no recourse available for players as was the case in the alpha. Whoever ends up filling this role, I hope to see you frequently ingame.

Relevant Experience: Admin on the Moorland Skirmishers server for 7 years, real world Community/PR manager references available on request

• Name: Tumko
    Steam profile link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Tucko_/
    Region: NA West
    Reason for Applying: When I first started playing Chivalry: Medieval Warfare I did so on both official and community servers, both had a wonderful nature to them, everyone was kind, fun to be around, and always willing to be friends. They accepted me for who I was, even though at the time I was very young and very very dumb. I was very happy in that small community.

I was very very excited when Mordhau was announced and hoped I would meet many new friends and be able to play another sword game and feel at ease in any lobby I joined. I was very sad to see Chivalry’s population drop but I was hopeful. What ended up happening was just horrible, every match was a slur or and insult. I was told off for who or what I am, people going to my steam profile to comment mean and nasty things, picking out little details about what I had on their just to throw it at me in game.

Mordhau has turned into something that every game developer can look at from a community stand point and see what happens when things are left unchecked. When people are allowed to say what they want in the name of “Free speech” and when developers are brought down to the communities worse levels, it’s no secret that Crush has frequently gotten in arguments with random players in his own discord, this kind of behavior, and lack of any action to fix it, brought the whole community down and it’s simply unbearable.

This can all be avoided if Chivalry 2 has proper community moderation and administration goals from the start. I want to help in any way I can to make Chivalry 2 a wonderful experience, similar to what I had when I was a teenager playing the first game. I know I can be of great help to make that happen, and I’d be willing to dedicate myself to it.

Relevant Experience: 2010 - 2020 Administrator in various Team Fortress 2 Communities, namely Velocity.tf, GHS (Ggods Hell Servers) and Bird Parade.

2018 - 2020 Administrator for Moorland Skirmishers, a wonderful Chivalry/Mordhau community I’m sure we’re all familiar with.

Years of real life customer service and problem solving experience through retail work, which I know translates well into moderation and administration.

• Hello. I have been a Chivalry streamer on twitch for 4 years (Twitch.tv/Sheepdude). I believe I can uphold the responsibilities of being a chivalry admin, by administrating the rules fairly and without prejudice.

I am very passive and take matters into stride without much thought. I have worked as employee and as manager at several companies and I understand the disconnect.

When it comes to online gaming, I’m fairly laid-back and let people express their opinions. I’ve ran many counter-strike servers where administration is required. I understand the need for repressing cheating and trolls versus letting people express themselves.

I’m applying to this position because I play this game quite a lot (almost daily), and I feel like I can help out should issues need to be addressed (which are quite uncommon).

Thank you for you consideration,

Sheepdude (@Twitch.tv/Sheepdude)

Edit (Relevant information):

Steam ID: https://steamcommunity.com/id/sheepdude86/home
    Region: Chicago, IL, US
    Relevant Experience: I’ve managed many companies and stores. For video games, see above.