Looking for new moderators/admins.

• @loin:

Name: Loin
    steam Loin
    Reason:
    To be ruthless like Pdk, knifelegs, Gauntlet, these admins don’t take bs on servers tbh.
    They are my purpose and first not last resort, to hunt and remove them from servers immediately, not ban.
    further enquires and reports will be looked at if they exist. Then refer to management.

The ones in Euro Know I am onto them so won’t be pleased if recruited into admins.
    Swift, fast , culling of the fields of Chivalry to remove the minority who seem to enjoy
    ruining other players fun, yes and even ranked heavy players who think they are untouchable.
    They actually believe they earned the right to ruin your game due to high rank.? not a chance
    in hell tbh.

Will you also ban people who use roh, drags or other honorless game mechanics or just fight without honor?

• Not at all, you know the first step is always to simply remove the reported problem player from the server, not ban.
    the main thing is to keep the server flowing with happy players. After that procedures most likely exist to maintain
    an objective review. I floated about on the usa servers to see its very polite while not even seeing any trolls or
    text chat swearing. All the Euro players want is what the usa servers now get, a heavy admin presence with
    issues swiftly resolved and dealt with.

• Well hopefully we will get a lot more admin presence in all the regions.

Keep the applications coming! We’ll start looking at adding people in a few days (there’s no hard deadline, mind you).

• Name: Tower shield counters archers

Steam Profile link: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ferskenmann

Region: EU

Reason for applying:
    I love the game, and I spend all my time on the official servers. I feel like there is too few active admins, and I’d be happy to help. I play the game almost every day.

Relevant Experience: Used to be mod on a couple of minecraft servers. But that ended when I stopped playing the game.

• Mod

Name**:** Tyoson
    Steam profile link: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tyoson/
    Region: Western Australia. (I also play in the Singapore servers because I get low ping in those.)
    Reason for Applying:** An increase in admin presence creates a stronger community, and a stronger community creates a more welcoming game. I feel no need for kicking and banning for stupid reasons, but at times with 0 admin presence some servers can find themselves going downhill. (Players taking control of servers by votekicking, votemaps getting constantly spammed, intentional oilpotting and catapulting of team mates etc) A simple admin log in and a firm warning is usually all it takes for players like this to pull their head in anyway. Our Australian servers need active admins. I’ve got to be honest. I’ve had a few requests to apply for this role as well.

Relevant Experience: I was the admin of an Australian San Andreas: Multiplayer server for 3 years. I’ve moved on from that game, but still remain an admin today. Tasks involved watching the admin log for suspicious activities such as player health rapidly increasing constantly, extra ammo etc, and spectating and taking just actions to deal with certain problems. I went by my own warning policy which usually kept players coming back to the server instead of feeling like it was ran by abusive ego tripping admins. Players were warned about rules they broke, instructed to read the rules, and then kicked if they continued to break the rules. If they still continued breaking the rules they would then be banned. I should mention I believe all official servers should have a MOTD which clearly displays the basic rules and courtesies of the servers.

• Name: Butternut_the_Squash [F|C]

Steam profile link: http://steamcommunity.com/id/butternutthesquash

Region: US East

Reason for Applying (issues you see w/ the community, how you would like to address them, what you think you can do to help, etc): The community is generally incredibly fun to play with, but there is a lot of mob mentality. It takes one bad seed to bring out the worst in people and make a server spiral out of control. In my experience, we need admins that are level-headed, able to make decisions without a lot of announcement or encouragement of bad behavior. I feel like I make it fun for the community to play the game – I am able to make tense situations easier or take action when needed. I am reasonable and don’t take the game too seriously, but I care a lot about the community. I am available during peak US East/Central hours to help, and I am often seen on the pub servers at strange morning hours when people are most in need! My previous experience as a Chivalry admin and a lady makes me a good candidate – it’s hard to make me take things personally on video games and I don’t rage ;)

Relevant Experience: (if any – moderation/community management on other games/websites or technical experience, etc) Currently, I am an active admin for the Fight Club server. Other than that, I have some sweet CSS/HTML skills and other semi-relevant computer skills :P Hope I can help!

• Name: Firegiant/Space Man

Steam Profile Link: http://steamcommunity.com/id/SpaceManStin/

Region: US Central/East

Reason for Applying (issues you see w/ the community, how you would like to address them, what you think you can do to help, etc): One thing I’ve always felt was that most players now a days aren’t given nearly enough guidance or assistance when first joining. Players who are new have to deal with things like, hackers, trolling, and votekick abuse. I don’t take public matches too seriously so I don’t get upset and rage. I have been playing this game since release, I spend majority of my time a day on the game as you can see by my hours played, and hours in past two weeks. I would be an extremely active admin.
    I spend time switching between TO and LTS in Central and Eastern servers. I have a good sense of situations and I don’t throw around accusations without legitimate proof. Often players who are obviously speed hacking will be allowed to stay in public TO servers. I find myself frustrated that no one vote kicks, even if they do half the time the player comes back and continues to troll/hack. If I was made moderator I would make sure to keep a watchful eye for this kind of behaviour in the game, and frankly I wouldn’t tolerate it. I have also noticed a large amount of vote kick abuse on ffa servers. When I do jump into ffa servers I see higher level players, such as myself will often get vote kicked for literally just being better at the game. Regardless if those players feel like it’s unfair they are getting beaten, it’s way less fair to vote kick someone for doing nothing wrong.

I know everyone in the chivalry NA community who has played this game for more than a day and have most of them added on my friends list. People come to me every day with personal problems, friends I’ve met on the game who are simply fed up with the cheating/speed hacking/map exploits/console abuse and unfair vote kicking. If given this privilege I would be able to look into their issue, learn if I could help and actually do something about it, this would be incredible.

My play time usually ranges anywhere from 4pm-2am which is also chivalry’s peak hours. In my work I switch between midnights and day shifts so often i’ll be up all night able to help players with any issues they might have.

Relevant Experience: Well I have been playing this game for over 2000 hours, I have experience with the competitive and casual sides of the community. I know just about every player in the game.
    I am currently hosting a tournament on chivalry here.
    This will demonstrate my organization skills and responsibility
    http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/23811-A-knight-in-Vegas-Lts-3v3-Tournament!-Longswords-Only
    I have also been an admin on my TO server in the past “Firelinkshrine public TO East” As well as assisted amish insurgent in moderating his duel yard “chivalry classic duels [duelyard]” I am being currently trusted with 4 server admin passwords on duel servers in chivalry.

I already spend a lot of my time finding ways I can help. I have been known to always want to have a good time above all else. I love seeing everyone getting along in our community, and would love to contribute to that.

Basically, I love this game and I would absolutely love to be able to contribute to the community just that much more.

Thank you for your consideration.

• Name: Lilboots

Steam profile link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197993570147/

Region: Oceanic - Australia

Reason for Applying: The reason i am applying is solely for administration Privileges with the ability and change the server configs and settings for the communities enjoyment. To reduce vote spam, racism, foul language, ADMIN ABUSE and other obscene acts that commonly go unresolved. I have contacted Multiplay regarding Official Servers and the 3 I recently discontinued regarding server configuration and their reply was;

“This would be the choice of the community manager for Torn Banner, not ourselves. However I’d be more than happy to set this up if they agree”.

So i would be very happy to work with them and you regarding server administration.

Relevant Experience: I have/currently run servers for multiple games (Left4Dead 1,2, Crysis1, Crysis Wars, Chivalry medieval Warfare, Battlefield 3, DayZ, farcry 1 and Life is Feudal). I constantly change server configs being maps, mods and restrictions on servers to meet the communities wishes. I have run forums and created them independently for the sole purpose of keeping the game alive as long as possible to get the most out of it through competitions and events to ensure players continue to return.

Time available: I am currently away for work purposes for the next month (military), but on return (new Posting) I will have a minimum 24 month period where i would like to focus solely on Chivalry Medieval Warfare and the community.

Cheers

• Wait admin abuse? We don’t got any admins. I also don’t think they give official moderators privileges to change servers around either. Hence the term moderator rather than administrator.

Many people upon hearing about this recruitment program in game all want new moderators to change some server settings around. I think it would be good if it was made clear than moderators won’t be able to do that if that is the case, which I think it is.

• I had this also tbh , its not right for you to question applicants mrlemon unless in pm mode. Speaks from having had
    the same treatment as LilBoots.

• @loin:

I had this also tbh , its not right for you to question applicants mrlemon unless in pm mode. Speaks from having had
    the same treatment as LilBoots.

My apologies. I was just saying how could there be admin abuse if there were no Australian moderators to begin with? We had Yarnu the Dog for a time. But he was too much of a nice guy. Never abused his powers. Or used them at all really lol.

Still the second half still applies. Do moderators get to modify servers in anyway or not?

• And you are under the opinion official servers are the only server running ? other servers had admins, that have consistently abused the system, thats what i was trying to portray if you didnt understand.

Also adding mods to a server if a majority would like so can be done, its not hard at all. thats why with my application i speculated that something i would like to achieve not rather to be able to do it.

Anyways as stated on the first page, this isn’t a discussion thread and not to be flooded.

Cheers

• Ahh I see.

Well official moderators can’t fix private server admins abusing their powers. That happens all the time. Only way is to avoid them.

It also states no unrelated posts. I feel this is related,

• We don’t have jurisdiction over private servers, nor should we. It’s a free market and it’s up to the community to avoid bad servers that have a reputation for abuse.

While we don’t personally have the ability to log on to multiplay and modify the configs, the server minion at TBS is more than willing to make any changes that the community requires in a given region. ^___^

• Actually I disagree even nasty private servers can be taken out of the picture, just report them higher up ie to the
    Developers. If a private server is bringing the game in to disrepute by abusing its player base major companies
    will not only remove them but do it very fast. As witnessed by me in 2 online private servers of other games.

• @dudeface:

We don’t have jurisdiction over private servers, nor should we. It’s a free market and it’s up to the community to avoid bad servers that have a reputation for abuse.

Edit: thats a given. it would take the joy of owning your own server if someone else ultimatly has control over it

@dudeface:

While we don’t personally have the ability to log on to multiplay and modify the configs, the server minion at TBS is more than willing to make any changes that the community requires in a given region. ^___^

And that’s what i would like to try and achieve. Or would like any admin to do when he/she is selected. keep the community thriving.

• This post is deleted!

• We need a team like the untouchables. Esp in Euro servers all the offical ffa’s are full of toxic exploiting teaming trolls.

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!