What's The Most Annoying Weapon to Fight?

• Since the other thread was pretty successful, we may as well do one for weapons too. I predict Messer/Maul to win, with claymore as runner up. I don’t think I forgot any weapons that we can all agree are annoying/OP.

EDIT: JUST REALIZED I forgot the god dammed Maul. If you were gonna vote maul, just choose the Messer option .

• I hate them all equally.

• This poll is useless. You should do a multiple choice poll with every weapon as a single choice.

• Max of ten options if I recall.

• @INerevar:

This poll is useless. You should do a multiple choice poll with every weapon as a single choice.

With 10 options it would take like 4 threads to get every weapon in. I think I did a pretty good job of grouping them into gangs of annoyance. Personally I voted Messer cause I fucking hate caveman gamblers who get you through luck then call you salty.

• Um longsword/sow would make sense but grouping Messer with sword of war doesnt. The former is exploited, the latter is a quality weapon. Brandistock is in a class of its own too. I guess the 10 limitation makes the poll a little useless.

• @gregcau:

Um longsword/sow would make sense but grouping Messer with sword of war doesnt. The former is exploited, the latter is a quality weapon. Brandistock is in a class of its own too. I guess the 10 limitation makes the poll a little useless.

Longsword isn’t OP or annoying though, thus isn’t included. And the idea behind the groupings is that we get a general consensus, with people giving their thoughts and feelings in the comments in a more specific and fleshed out manner, hence the name Forum. Someone suggested a weapons version of this in the other thread, so this is an experiment to see if people will actually vote. People were complaining about missing options before, and here they complain about slightly vague options without just explaining their thoughts.

Anyway, it looks like it’s a tie so far between bastard swords, spears and javelins.

• The Maul knight trolls, not even rated as a skilled knight but relying on the overhead animation which is almost
    instant kills/farm. Archers with spears? Basically a Sword that flies, on any server with lag it suffers not. Esp
    in the hands of the op shield archer has, which it self has an abuse shove mode, not even using stamina.
    blocks any attack by default just by its presence.

• javelins because they burst you down so fast and theres nothing you can do to protect yourself

• I’m torn on how to vote here due to the fact that the thread name asks which I think is most annoying, but the poll asks which I hate the most, which isn’t necessarily the same thing and for me is not the same thing.

What I think is the most annoying? Easily Norse/Short Sword. Stupid levels of damage output even against Knight, one is available on each class (both on MAArms), annoyingly fast, tricky to block since one-handed thrusts always hit you in the back at bubble distance, and they’re in the upper-most level of oppressively frustrating to fight against if feints are added into the mix because unlike against, say, a Broad Sword or Sword of War, you can’t wait even a moment trying not to fall for a feint because you’ll get hit for massive damage since it is almost impossible to physically react correctly fast enough to read feints especially once you consider frames lost due to latency.

However, what I hate the most is the Messer/Zweihander. They both do a lot of damage especially since backswings seem to always land as headshots, they both wind up stupidly quickly for how long their release lasts which allows for all manner of caveman bullshit especially when backswings are taken into account, yet their releases last approximately a minute each which allows them to do absurd drags and run around in circles creating little zones of area denial. I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again: Messer: The only weapon that would have it’s average level of effectiveness reduced were it made faster.

I swear, man. One of these days dancing Messer Knight is going to turn me to Brandistock.

• Brandi is horrible really :\

• Norse for obvious reasons

Shortsword for obvious reasons

Claymore for obvious reasons

Daggers for obvious reasons

SOW - too fast, stupid feints, easily two shots vanguards, makes Longsword useless

Messer - OP as shit, makes Longsword useless

Brandi - animations, LMB way too strong

Javelins - OP as shit

Maul - it might be less stupid if OH to the torso + stab wouldnt 2-shot everything. If you land a headshot, good for you, if not you shouldnt be able to finish the job with ezpz stab.

Poleaxe - stab OP and sometimes barely noticeable

Bows and xbows - OP across the board

• You should’ve made it multiple choice, can’t really decide between messer and javelins. Oh well, at least messer is parryable.

Might as well make a short list. (Not in any particular order, but javelins are first, hue.)

• Javelins (all 3): No way to parry them, the person using them can go into melee, which also deals a lot of damage. Also the annoying flinch.
    • Messer: The slash is too fast and deals too much damage.
    • Brandistock: Too high knockback causing half the ripostes to miss.
    • Zweihander: Isn’t annoying per say, but the handle is way too small, making handle hits slightly dumb on the weapon. (same on a majority of the other swords, but more noticeable with zwei.)
    • Other ranged: Can’t defend against it, but it’s not as fast to reload or dealing as much damage as javelins + the person has to switch weapon if they want to melee.

• Javelins are indeed very annoying, was trying to fight a semi-competent archer last night who was using short spears. What a piss off.

• I hate Sword of War most. Mostly unreadable stab feints coupled with moderate reach and moderate damage, makes it a chore to combat and lethal if you’re playing a vanguard. Most you can do when you fall for those stab feints is jump and pray they hit your legs.

• Nothing worse than getting hit with a javelin and having all your health gone before the melee even starts.

• @TeuceRRR:

Nothing worse than getting hit with a javelin and having all your health gone before the melee even starts.

Lol nice avatar. No, please no, no, NOOOOO.

• @Oy:

Lol nice avatar. No, please no, no, NOOOOO.

It’s Prison Mike scaring you straight.

• light crossbows? hello?

• Without many votes there’s still a clear consensus. Messer and Sow are disliked about as much as Brandistock, but everyone seems to hate Javelins more than anything. Not surprisingly either, since they get a shield, a long reaching stab, and a ranged throw all in one. The heavy Javelin 2 shots VG with stabs ffs.