Chiv 2 confirmed?

• So I was on a Chiv server the other day and people were talking about Chiv 2, they said that Chiv 2 was officially confirmed on the forums.

I opposed their statement, but then I remembered I haven’t been here in a few months.

So yeah. Any news?

• No.

The rumors probably come from the questions of the player survey.

• Not officially confirmed yet but really I think we all know it’s Chivalry 2, and if not Chiv 2 then at the very least it’ll be another first person slasher in a different setting.

Also from LinkedIn.

• A melee game doesn’t have to be chivalry 2. Chivalry 2 would at the very least have to contain Agatha and Mason. Or be part of the same universe. I mean you could hardly have Chivarly 2 based around Feudal Japan or The Caribbean. The latter hints at a pirate game lol. Which I might actually buy if something like that is released.

Could be anything. The player survey means nothing.

Not to mention they damn announced their new project over a year before the player survey. And who knows how long they had been working on it in secret beforehand. I think they are long past the “choosing the setting” stage of development. The game setting part of the survey could be hinting at a game after the next game. Which would almost confirm chiv 2 as their next title.

Then again they might not do a chiv 2 at all. Or simply not call it chivarly 2. They didn’t call this Age of Chivarly 2 when it technically was.

• Hmm. Yeah.

• I think one of the devs in the game (on a random server, while testing maps i belive), said that they are not working on Chiv2.

• Chivalry 2 is a thing after the survey (first person slasher set at some point in the past). Other than that I can only say it’ll have a newer engine.

• This post is deleted!

• @Vesanus:

I think one of the devs in the game (on a random server, while testing maps i belive), said that they are not working on Chiv2.

Yeah I saw a screenshot of that.