Is it possible to alter map timers?

• Got a question.

It it possible to alter map timers? Say you want infinite time on a TO map for objectives, is that something an admin can affect? Would be super useful for something I’m doing.

Thanks.

• If I recall correctly, these are all cooked into a map.

• @Raizio:

If I recall correctly, these are all cooked into a map.

Well shit, thanks for the info, Raizio.

Any TB devs willing to elaborate? This will simply never be possible then?

• @Pilgore:

Well shit, thanks for the info, Raizio.

Any TB devs willing to elaborate? This will simply never be possible then?

I’m not sure if this is related, but I have indeed seen an unofficial test server with 60.000 seconds of respawn time. However, Im almost certain thats not related to the timers on the official maps.

-Galaxy / Rolled Armour

• @SgtHannes:

I’m not sure if this is related, but I have indeed seen an unofficial test server with 60.000 seconds of respawn time. However, Im almost certain thats not related to the timers on the official maps.

-Galaxy / Rolled Armour

Hrmmm, alright thanks for the info.

• There is supposed to be ways of changing the round timer. I know there are these setting in the PCServer_UDKGame.ini
    bOverrideRoundTime=False
    RoundTimeOverride=0

;If true, RoundTimeOverride is used as the round time instead of the default (set in the individual gamemodes’ sections to only affect one mode)
    bOverrideRoundTime=False
    RoundTimeOverride=0

Then you have to set the timer for the game mode. But some maps have the timer hard coded to the map. Also this effects all maps of that game type. Sadly you cannot change the round timer for maps individually.

[AOC.AOCFFA]
    ;If true, RoundTimeOverride is used as the round time instead of the default
    bOverrideRoundTime=False
    RoundTimeOverride=0

[AOC.AOCTD]
    bOverrideRoundTime=False
    RoundTimeOverride=20

;If true, InitialResourcesOverride is used as the number of resources (“lives”) per team instead of the default
    bOverrideInitialResources=False
    InitialResourcesOverride=80

[AOC.AOCLTS]
    bOverrideRoundTime=False
    RoundTimeOverride=20

You can also change the number of LTS rounds from default of 7 to whatever like 5 3 or 9 as long as it is an odd number.

;If true, RoundsToWinOverride and MaxRoundsOverride are used instead of the defaults
    bOverrideNumRounds=False
    RoundsToWinOverride=7
    MaxRoundsOverride=13

• It would be really cool if you could put in in the maplist as an argument.
    e.g.
    maplist=aocffa-arena3_p?RoundTimeOverride=5

• @dudeface:

It would be really cool if you could put in in the maplist as an argument.
    e.g.
    maplist=aocffa-arena3_p?RoundTimeOverride=5

Yes because FlyingBattle is just too long to play

• I’m pretty sure that in the kismet of any map, you can change the match timer. (This requires going into the editor and changing the map’s kismet) ;(

• Althoguh the settings exist in the ini files, changing them makes no difference. As people have said above, they are cooked into the maps

• @MonkeyFiend:

Althoguh the settings exist in the ini files, changing them makes no difference. As people have said above, they are cooked into the maps

^ = bad devs, bad map design.