Torn Banner Duelling Competition

• What if TBS pay for a competitive duelling competition of which the final 8 face off on a LAN

• flights to Toronto for top 8 competitors.
    • $10,000 prize for the winner.

They could advertise 6 months ahead and say the condition of the contest if they get 1,000 new sales (promote a code that sells the game at $20 so costs are covered).

The initial playoffs to get down to the final 8 would be online, EU and Americas. Conditions of the duel would be best of 7 with each player getting to choose a weapon on their turn (coin toss to get first choice) so both players use the same weapon.

So 6 months training, generates lots of interest and the finals are televised with a perfect ping?

• @gregcau:

They could advertise 6 months ahead and say the condition of the contest if they get 1,000 new sales?

That’s a lot of time for a mere thousand sales, or am I mistaken?

• Why buy it at $20 when you can wait a month and get it at $6? Flights and accomodation too.

• @gregcau:

What if TBS pay for a competitive duelling competition of which the final 8 face off on a LAN

I think it would be great personally, but I also think a lot would tap out before it even began for 2 reasons. Since it would be a TBS hosted tournament, it probably wouldn’t be on Mercs, and it probably would not be first person only. It would be official after all.

@gregcau:

• flights to Toronto for top 8 competitors.

If their plane runs anything like their game, I would advise anyone not to fly on it.

• Now, who does this include? EU aswell? I think more official tournaments would definately be nice. That said, 10,000$ might be a bit much in my oppinion. Flights and accomodation are A LOT of money, but then again, its not a flight to the moon.

In general however I think the game would do better with the community if there were more contests, competitions etc. All it would take to motivate me is to get all Armour/Weapon sets for free, as the winner of competition X. Just imagine Chivalry Duel/LTS World Championship. Would be great.

• @Rickvs:

That’s a lot of time for a mere thousand sales, or am I mistaken?

Its less about the time (which gives plenty of time for potential top 8 to train and prepare, as well as pick a convenient weekend), I am just saying if they had 1,000 registered sales of $20 for the competition it would cover most of their costs (maybe it needs 2,000 or maybe they wouldnt need to tie it to anything, they could justify the budget in a different way.

@Caliko:

I think it would be great personally, but I also think a lot would tap out before it even began for 2 reasons. Since it would be a TBS hosted tournament, it probably wouldn’t be on Mercs, and it probably would not be first person only. It would be official after all.

I dont think using Mercs is needed, but I agree it should be first person only.

@SgtHannes:

Now, who does this include? EU aswell? I think more official tournaments would definately be nice. That said, 10,000$ might be a bit much in my oppinion. Flights and accomodation are A LOT of money, but then again, its not a flight to the moon.

In general however I think the game would do better with the community if there were more contests, competitions etc. All it would take to motivate me is to get all Armour/Weapon sets for free, as the winner of competition X. Just imagine Chivalry Duel/LTS World Championship. Would be great.

Yeah EU as well, they would have their own playoffs. Perhaps it would be 4 from America, 4 from EU and we could finally know the truth of which continent has the stronger team.

Yeah they would pay for flights and accomodation for the weekend.

I think overall the excitement and buzz it would generate would easily pay for it. Having a long lead up time allows people who want to come back to it to sharpen their skills again and new players to have a chance to qualify too.

• This post is deleted!

• @gregcau:

Yeah EU as well, they would have their own playoffs. Perhaps it would be 4 from America, 4 from EU and we could finally know the truth of which continent has the stronger team.

Yeah they would pay for flights and accomodation for the weekend.

I think overall the excitement and buzz it would generate would easily pay for it. Having a long lead up time allows people who want to come back to it to sharpen their skills again and new players to have a chance to qualify too.

Well, like I said, I think more competitions alltogether will stimulate the game. Just imagine duelling in a LAN with ~0 ping. Also, Id be in for World Championships in just about any gamemode (more so LTS).

Im sure being a game developer is a harsh job, but at the same time I strongly feel that this community needs some sort of impulse. I felt like this community is lagging behind other game communities when it comes to feeling like an actual “community”. Hell, 95% of players dont even know who their respective admins are, if they have not already forgotten that there are admins at all. Im surely not blaming the mods or admins, because they can only do so much, but thats just an observation.
    I’d sign my name under any sort of official competition. Even though I could use it, I certainly dont care too much about a monetary rewards, rather than for having a prestigous title or some other smaller award.**

-Cheers

• screw your duels, I want this kind of event but for 5v5.

• @CRUSHED:

screw your duels, I want this kind of event but for 5v5.

“Also, Id be in for World Championships in just about any gamemode (more so LTS).”

• It will be locked at fov 105 or lower tbh. Nobody wants to see tunnel vision screens with warped arms holding
    long gangly swords with. This cuts out 85% of the chaff players.

• @loin:

It will be locked at fov 105 or lower tbh. Nobody wants to see tunnel vision screens with warped arms holding
    long gangly swords with. This cuts out 85% of the chaff players.

Are you serious about that FOV thing, or has this become a meme for you? I find it hard to fathom, that you honestly believe your own words.

• It wouldn’t be hard for these pro’s to adapt for the live event tbh. Its the audience and media you have to think about.
    For such an event some settings will have to be set in stone, apart from movement keys, do some research in to configs
    allowed in these events and the rules, in other fps game. In a game league long ago we were sent a list of config
    rule breakers plus changes to be added. 30 plus clans were in some Q3 ctf leagues. Even live pro’s have some rules
    to follow

• @loin:

It wouldn’t be hard for these pro’s to adapt for the live event tbh. Its the audience and media you have to think about.
    For such an event some settings will have to be set in stone, apart from movement keys, do some research in to configs
    allowed in these events and the rules, in other fps game. In a game league long ago we were sent a list of config
    rule breakers plus changes to be added. 30 plus clans were in some Q3 ctf leagues. Even live pro’s have some rules
    to follow

Or you know… TBS fix first person spectate. So it doesn’t matter what the players are using, because the person streaming can be at whatever FOV looks best on stream. Then they can bounce between first person and third person freely. instead of setting an FOV limit which does not work best with all monitor types.

Also do some research on the need for larger FOV’s depending on screen size and distance you sit from said monitor. You sound really silly.

• points noted tbh. note its the live event we are talking about. Rules will have to be set. Before hand such things
    are sent to clans/players. Or perhaps you have never played in a league for 23 weeks a year 2 matches per week ? For over 3 years. In the mirc channels we’d discuss the new rules, one year r/j scripts were banned.
    Also fov changes brought in. A whole clan was banned for 300 foving, it was limited down to 120 in match
    nights for the live tv streamed to many 1000’s of watchers.

Or even been to a lan have you? Try not to ramble on about your addiction to some setting they might want
    uniformly set. ie field of view. If they don’t its not a problem for me, I am not at that event or plan to be.

• @CRUSHED:

screw your duels, I want this kind of event but for 5v5.

ya but then you gotta split the money.

• @swagfox:

ya but then you gotta split the money.

Yes and turn that fov down from 153 you untalented plebbypeonpeasant Mr cushion me from real skills.

• [h=1]Video gamers face tournament drug tests Also. its a pc world now, any advantages no matter were from are not pc[/h]

• I honestly dont get the FOV stuff. I played with a high FOV for about 5 minutes one time, and had a headache after that.

• Game’s sales are over 3 million. More like 100000 new sales…