Torn Banner Duelling Competition

• It wouldn’t be hard for these pro’s to adapt for the live event tbh. Its the audience and media you have to think about.
    For such an event some settings will have to be set in stone, apart from movement keys, do some research in to configs
    allowed in these events and the rules, in other fps game. In a game league long ago we were sent a list of config
    rule breakers plus changes to be added. 30 plus clans were in some Q3 ctf leagues. Even live pro’s have some rules
    to follow

• @loin:

It wouldn’t be hard for these pro’s to adapt for the live event tbh. Its the audience and media you have to think about.
    For such an event some settings will have to be set in stone, apart from movement keys, do some research in to configs
    allowed in these events and the rules, in other fps game. In a game league long ago we were sent a list of config
    rule breakers plus changes to be added. 30 plus clans were in some Q3 ctf leagues. Even live pro’s have some rules
    to follow

Or you know… TBS fix first person spectate. So it doesn’t matter what the players are using, because the person streaming can be at whatever FOV looks best on stream. Then they can bounce between first person and third person freely. instead of setting an FOV limit which does not work best with all monitor types.

Also do some research on the need for larger FOV’s depending on screen size and distance you sit from said monitor. You sound really silly.

• points noted tbh. note its the live event we are talking about. Rules will have to be set. Before hand such things
    are sent to clans/players. Or perhaps you have never played in a league for 23 weeks a year 2 matches per week ? For over 3 years. In the mirc channels we’d discuss the new rules, one year r/j scripts were banned.
    Also fov changes brought in. A whole clan was banned for 300 foving, it was limited down to 120 in match
    nights for the live tv streamed to many 1000’s of watchers.

Or even been to a lan have you? Try not to ramble on about your addiction to some setting they might want
    uniformly set. ie field of view. If they don’t its not a problem for me, I am not at that event or plan to be.

• @CRUSHED:

screw your duels, I want this kind of event but for 5v5.

ya but then you gotta split the money.

• @swagfox:

Yes and turn that fov down from 153 you untalented plebbypeonpeasant Mr cushion me from real skills.

• [h=1]Video gamers face tournament drug tests Also. its a pc world now, any advantages no matter were from are not pc[/h]

• I honestly dont get the FOV stuff. I played with a high FOV for about 5 minutes one time, and had a headache after that.

• Game’s sales are over 3 million. More like 100000 new sales…

• @swagfox:

that but it also means they have to fly 32 or at least a lot more people to the location.

it is really not about the details, just that TBS have had a lot of success with the game and a nice well planned community event could get the community excited and the price could be easily covered by the promotion.

• In DOTA 2 the sales of cosmetic items has contributed to the prize pool of tournaments in the past.

This could easily be done in cmw with certain weapons/armors and/or new items that would contribute directly to a given event.