Duelling in LTS

• Hello,
    This might not seem like a big issue, but I think it is tiresome non the less. In many EU LTS servers you get people who duel 24/7. Not only does this happen with the last man alive, but it often happens when there are 4 or even 5 people alive. Then they sit there and duell eachother for what seems like ages, regenrating health after every duel. This is in LTS mind you. I think this is a massive waste of everyones time on the server, as 10 or more people have to watch 2-3 people duelling it out for 5 minutes or more. You might say that one can just leave the server, but that wont do much since this occurs on 80% of all official LTS servers.

Now, that is my oppinion however. What is your oppinion on this issue (yes its actualy an issue) and how would you proceed with it?

• Throw a firepot into the mix and kill everyone.

• @Knifelegs:

Throw a firepot into the mix and kill everyone.

Well thats not a very good solution. They will –------>
    A) abuse votekick and (obviously) kick you.
    B) Teamkill you (almost 99% certain)
    C) Troll you, punch you, kick you

In conclusion, thats a pretty big deal when you cant play LTS anymore.

• @SgtHannes:

Well thats not a very good solution. They will –------>
    A) abuse votekick and (obviously) kick you.
    B) Teamkill you (almost 99% certain)
    C) Troll you, punch you, kick you

In conclusion, thats a pretty big deal when you cant play LTS anymore.

Well if they votekick or teamkill you for actually playing the game, it’s best contact an admin and let them take care of it if you’re playing on official servers. I used to kick people out of LTS servers if a group of players purposely delayed the game. Perhaps it’s best to just contact an admin if you see this happening. Duel and classic duel servers exist for the sole purpose of dueling, so there really is no reason to be dicking around on LTS servers with duels.

• I think thats very very informative to know. One of my biggest queries was what admins would do, and if it would be acceptable for them to kick players who do this stuff. As you probably know though, this is the norm in LTS. As soon as you have even the smallest group of Veteran players, they start to duel, and then you can kiss LTS goodbye. I played LTS for as long as I have Chivalry, since 2013, and it has been going on then and it is going on now.

As you can tell, thats probably why Im so passionate about this. LTS is about acting as a team and not duelling. Everytime this goes on I ask very nice who is in favour of Duelling, and I recommend the duellers to switch to the respective servers –----> All I get is rude answers, insults, no answeres or a votekick.

I think there are many things to patch up in this community, I can only speak for EU servers though.

• I don’t play LTS because of this and that rounds last for too long, should be 2 minutes tops.

• It’s rediculious to be honest. It’s a whole gamemode made unplayable, unless you want to invest half an hour for one round :’)

• I just make it 100% clear that everyone has the right to interupt any LTS duel if they get bored and want to win. As that is the game mode. I can even say that on servers I don’t admin. I hate LTS duels but I won’t kick or even threaten anyone who does. They aren’t breaking any rules. Neither are those who throw fire pots at them of VG charge into the middle. Anyway saying that seems to keep the duellers quiet. Then again I’m me.

LTS = Last Team Standing. Kill the other team with any means necessary.

I think the best interupted duel I saw was on fridged. One guy ballista killed both people duelling and won the round for their team. One shot.

Nobody gets era votekicked for interupted duels when I’m around. Not even teamkilled. Don’t know what happens when I’m not around but I haven’t seen any complaints or had anyone complain directly to me.

• Luckily we don’t have any LTS servers in my region, but in general I will bring the hammer down on people hijacking LTS servers for their stupid dueling crap. Go play FFA or duel if you want that rubbish.

• @dudeface:

Luckily we don’t have any LTS servers in my region, but in general I will bring the hammer down on people hijacking LTS servers for their stupid dueling crap. Go play FFA or duel if you want that rubbish.

This ^
    Unfortunately there are, as you know, a lot of vets who think they own the place. Short story from yesterday: I played LTS, told two players, who were friends, that they might want to leave if they want to duel. So far so good. I was about 5 seconds into the new round when the two friends decided to teamkill me, for… well… absolutely nothing to be honest. I think they really didnt apreciate my recommendation.

Looking back at my record, I cant understand how I spent 75% of my 1100 hours in LTS, considering stuff like this is going on. But then again, LTS is probably the reason I’m still level 43 when I could be level 48-50 with that amount of hours (dont really mind that).

I dont really like complaining about stuff, I really dont, but I just cant help it at this point.

• I usually duel the last man alive, but obviously it’s not a rule so I don’t understand the people that get mad when they are teamed upon. And if anyone remember the old Gentlemens Treehouse server they know it could be a lot worse than just duels.

• @Jonystrom:

I usually duel the last man alive, but obviously it’s not a rule so I don’t understand the people that get mad when they are teamed upon. And if anyone remember the old Gentlemens Treehouse server they know it could be a lot worse than just duels.

Nothing is more boring that watching two archers duke it out in LTS since that is usually what is left. Players who die early from a stupid archer hit are forced to watch the rest of the round only to have it delayed even more by two asshats not finishing the round. So you tell me which is more courteous; the last two circle jerking themselves while everyone is forced to watch and leaves the server or gang banging the last camper?

Jerkoffs like that are the reason why LTS maps kill a server.

• I cant totally agree with your original post. When there is only say 3 players one one team and 6 on the other, it would be chivalrous to let them duel it out, sad to say though i generally get noobed, team runs off and lets me battle 3 lame pricks at a time.

• Yeah, I do remember Gentlemens Treehouse. Hell, this is where I spent 80% of my Chivalry time before I left because I couldnt take it anymore. Thats why Im only lvl 43 with 1150 hours. Duelling in LTS is the norm now, no doubt.

There are most certainly exceptions when one could allow duels, but not when half the team is still alive. Its usualy always the Steam-friends that duel it out in LTS because they somehow have the feeling that it would be mean / rude if they just kill eachother without duelling……

• I wouldn’t mind dueling the last man so much if it weren’t for those cunts who just hide from battle the whole game so they can duel people at the end and act like they’re carrying the team, when in fact they’re hurting it by not ever getting into the action.

• Adminchangeteam followed by adminchangeteam.

“What? You just suddenly dropped down dead, ending the round? Weird.”

• If my team is the one with xv1 then I’ll often let whoever is already fighting the 1, finish their fight then I jump in and beat some ass. If the server asks why I don’t let it be even duels. I tell them if they did better as a team then they can have their way.

• Using the Kendo mode with the last player alive on LTS is inefficient, talk about controversial. I know several people who could single handedly win an LTS match, just by waiting it out on the spawn. So, my opinion is no.

• I see no problem with this tbh. Just some guys having a duel. I don’t like it when they votekick people for not dueling though.

• Yes sitting in spec watching the game get held up by 5 Agatha’s deciding to fish fight the last mason one at a time.
    Despite many requests from spectators to stop. Why they even killed team mates who tried to kill that mason.
    Basically put the same old exploiting teaming trolls from FFA, infecting a LTS server. Its time this stuff was
    stopped once and for all imo. After near 10 mins the entire server cleared out and left them to it.