Inconstancies and admin support degradation.

• Adminkick: Doesn’t issue any sort of temp ban.
    Ping kick: bans for 5 minutes for some odd reason.
    Votekick: Session bans people.

Adminkick should session ban people and the ping kick shouldn’t issue any sort of ban at all. It just makes sense.

Getplayerinfo command. Only shows a few people’s details now rather than the whole server. Even if you specify the name it may still say they aren’t there when they are. It may only be only displaying the people who joined the server in that map though that will need some further testing.

Partial name no longer work for adminkickban and probably some other commands. This command is the only way to do timed bans in game.

Stop making your admin support worse than it already is.

• Huh? What about using adminkickban instead of adminkick? I want to be able to kick ppl as an admin m8

• You can kick people using adminkick or through the UI. What are you on about? Problem is they can immediatly rejoin.

• Also if you adminban someone through the UI they do not show up in the adminunban list. Don’t misclick.

• Next game needs better server admin support for sure. Also a working rcon.

• This game needs better admin support. TB can do it. I know they can. They’re gonna get a whole bunch of new moderators who are gonna be frustrated because they can’t actually do anything. Things break.

• @lemonater47:

They’re gonna get a whole bunch of new moderators who are gonna be frustrated because they can’t actually do anything. Things break.

Can you elaborate on that? Genuine question.

• @SgtHannes:

Can you elaborate on that? Genuine question.

Have you ever moderated a chivalry server before? Or maybe administrated 20 of them? The functionality was never great compared to other games but compared to other multiplayer UE3 games it was on par. Well almost. But now jeez. They broke it all.

Now you can do one of two things. Either kick a player so they can rejoin immediatly then abuse you carryng on with what they are doing to get kicked in the first place. And you can ban them forever from the server which is really useful when the guy had rejoined after getting kicked the first time. There’s nothng in between. Unless you are really lucky when you use the “adminkickban” command and their name happens to be one of the 3 that shows up.

Does adminplayerlist work now? Used to not. When you typed that in while logged in it would only display you. Though I admit last trying that about 2 years ago lol. Chivalry had other methods that worked.

Maybe torn banner you can ask tripwire how they did their web admin. An online RCON that isn’t shit and doesn’t take a degree in quantum physics to set up.

• Yeah I have actualy been an Administrator on a Chiv server running the Lightsabre mod, as a Pilgore can testify, provided he still remembers me. Now, that was quite a while ago, I do remember being dissapointed about the absence of time-bans.
    I know the vast majority of admin commands, but it’s hard for me to tell to which extent they work, considering I did not run the server by myself.

• @lemonater47:

You can kick people using adminkick or through the UI. What are you on about? Problem is they can immediatly rejoin.

noob, adminkickban from the console allows you to kick and ban - and specify exactly how long the ban is which is rather useful as you can tailor exactly how many minutes or years the ban is for.

• @gregcau:

noob, adminkickban from the console allows you to kick and ban - and specify exactly how long the ban is which is rather useful as you can tailor exactly how many minutes or years the ban is for.

Keep reading lol. The whole lot. The part where I said adminkickban doesn’t work as it doesn’t list all the players meaning you have to type in the full name of the player. If they have a single special character in their name you can’t. That part of what I wrote.

• Um you can add time bans in the PCServer_UDKGame.ini
    it is really easy you just have to do your math because the timers are done in seconds. A kick from my server is 1/2 hour. I used to have it set to an hour but usually 30 mins is enough for them to get a clue.

fVoteKickBanDurationSeconds=1800

Of course you can change that to what ever you wish, 1 hour = 3600 etc.

• @lemonater47:

Keep reading lol. The whole lot. The part where I said adminkickban doesn’t work as it doesn’t list all the players meaning you have to type in the full name of the player. If they have a single special character in their name you can’t. That part of what I wrote.

adminkick and adminkickban run by themselves no longer list all the players on the server. There was an actual reason (something network related) for doing this.

Therefore a partial name usually works? This is the way I’ve been kicking and banning people for some time!

Instead of adminkickban if you wanted to ban me even something like “adminkickban mo” (or even adminkickban fiend) would display me on the server (assuming everyone else on the server didn’t have ‘mo’ in their name :P)

So if my name was MonkeyӜFiend, it doesn’t matter that my name contains a Ӝ - kicking either monkey or fiend will work. The next problem is for those people who names like ӜӜӜӜӜ

For people who use odd unicode characters, I’ve normally queried the server player for the server list via the steam browser and copied and pasted their name into the console to make a ban.

• The non-standard character thing is a pretty annoying problem for me, as I am in the SEA region, so there are plenty of people with various asian-language names.

Not being able to pull up the whole list is a bummer.

• @Retsnom:

Um you can add time bans in the PCServer_UDKGame.ini
    it is really easy you just have to do your math because the timers are done in seconds. A kick from my server is 1/2 hour. I used to have it set to an hour but usually 30 mins is enough for them to get a clue.

fVoteKickBanDurationSeconds=1800

Of course you can change that to what ever you wish, 1 hour = 3600 etc.

That’s Votekick though. Initiate a votekick then admin kick. An annoying walk around.

Partial name also doesn’t work all the time. It will only work if their name shows up when you simply type in adminkickban. If it’s in that list partial name will work. If it ain’t you gotta type in the whole thing. Which you can’t do sometimes.

• Adminmute is amazing.

It mutes it for the person you are muting too. So their chat is essentially broken.

But when you unmute them only the team they are on can hear them. The person who got muted still cant hear themselves. Which is great when we tested it today and I spammed chat with the word “butts” without realising my whole team could see it. Almost got votekicked lol.

Trollmute.

• Really? Last time I tried adminmute, it didn’t do anything at all.

• The last time I had tried it was before the UI overhaul lol. And yes it did nothing.

If commands slowly break for no reason then you can assume that they may fix themselves to an extent for no reason as well.

• Commands are living, breathing organisms.