Windows 10 update, chivalry choppy.

• Updated to windows 10. Ever since the update chivalry has been ridiculously choppy. I’ve made sure all my settings are the same, shutdown background tasks, ping 70ish range. Still amazingly choppy. Anyone else have this problem or know of a fix. Ruins the game for me, Daggers are unplayable, Anything with less range than the long sword is really hard to use with the choppiness.

Only read if you got banned from forums/
    Slightly off topic issue. Would have posted on the active steam forums, but I was perma banned for “promoting hacks”. Apparently mentioning that I found a hack and am willing to divulge it for a reward is a bannable offence. Oh well. Guess Ill just post here from now on.

• I copied my games folder and Steam to an external my passport. The best way I found was to simply paste that
    in to the windows 10 pc. ie Steam folder or even inside the programfiles 86 > steam. Past the My games folder
    into >Documents folder in Windows 10, by this method my Steam simply sent me an email code to sign in .
    It runs very nicely without installing steam… After that shortcut to desktop and only ever right click run
    as administrator. Alternatively If you lucky enough it will run of an external drive ie my passport.
    Allocate it S: with a Steam folder. Simply past the my documents folder on to what ever computer
    your using. Or just the Chivalry medieval folder. As finish on that computer paste the latest copy
    onto your external drive etc. I ran Steam with no problems at all on an external drive on many
    pcs.

• That’s your punishment for installing spyware.

• This post is deleted!

• when the choppiness happens do any of the values in change, using the command: stat unit
    you’re not on a laptop with speedstep or any cpu throttling etc.?

It’s possible win10 is getting up to some ‘background’ tasks that are affecting the game. Try and boot up with minimal services (msconfig) and see if you still get the same issues?

• the latest nvidia driver seems to be pretty bad.

• First of all, you might want to post your hardware if this is a technical question.
    Secondly, did you do a clean W10 install after the upgrade or are you still on the upgrade version of W10? If the latter is true keep in mind that your old windows version (7 / 8.1) is still on your C drive in the Windows.old folder and might use up HDD space. Depending on which drive you have your games installed, a full HDD / SSD will cause slower loading / streaming (?).

You can also try running the game with the MSI afterburner with activated ingame stat HUD and check out your GPU usage.

• I wouldn’t wipe the old Windows folder yet, you might want to rollback. you’ve have a month to do it after upgrading to windows 10 and you can always take advantage of the free upgrade at a later date (when it should be working more smoothly) if you decide you want to rollback.

• @LongSun:

I wouldn’t wipe the old Windows folder yet, you might want to rollback. you’ve have a month to do it after upgrading to windows 10 and you can always take advantage of the free upgrade at a later date (when it should be working more smoothly) if you decide you want to rollback.

Im certain I dont want to go back to my old windows. The only thing that kept me from doing a clean install is that some people had activation problems even though MS assured that it should work because it activates through the hardware.

But thats up to personal preference. Keep in mind that you can always re-install your old windows, even if after the rollback time is over. Rollback just means that Windows will remember all your settings and preferences.

• Without sticking a spanner in the cogs I must admit The demo’s I have made since going to windows 10 are very crisp.
    no stuttering, lag plus the game also runs the best it ever has. Since I have played this game on every operating system
    barring vista, windows 95,98. In Both flavours 32bit and 64bit , but 32bit only on xp. As yet I have not even turned off
    background settings or disabled the smart screen when gaming in w10. In windows 8 turning of smart screen gained me
    5 to 10 better pings tbh.