Griefer found, Playername: Albatrossing

• Hi all,

Found a griefer on a US West TO server this morning around 07:00 EST. Match was on Shore. Player on attacking team (Mason), took the flag and ran back to hide in a glitched wall where nobody could get at him. He ran down the clock for the attacking team, then tried to votekick his teammates for trying to get the flag back from him. He claimed “I just like the flag.”

Account info found in this screenshot.

• Why didn’t you just votekick him? Simple as that.
    There’s no need for public shaming just because he was trolling the server (once?).

• @INerevar:

Why didn’t you just votekick him? Simple as that.
    There’s no need for public shaming just because he was trolling the server (once?).

Tried that, but he had low team damage and decent ping, the other team wasn’t upset that he was helping them.

• haha that is not necessarily a griefer that is a strategy to keep the flag so the other team cannot score, he just happened to exploit the map a bit so it was hard to see him but the Obj markers should have shown you where he was at.

• Hm, no. On that map it is a strategy to make your team lose.
    Anyway yer an admin now, Reithur, go deal with it ;)

• Haha.
    Couldn’t have happened on a better day for him indeed. :p

• @dudeface:

Hm, no. On that map it is a strategy to make your team lose.
    Anyway yer an admin now, Reithur, go deal with it ;)

Agreed; he was deliberately making us lose and camping the flag spawn so he could continue doing it after he got TK’d.

Didn’t have the admin codes at the time, or I would have!

I’ll be able to do something about it next time.

• Still no reason for public shaming imo.

• These are the kind of exploits that need to be abused more often so Torn Banner actually gets to work and starts fixing things, no?

Besides abusing vote kick (which deserves a warning at best), this player is not really cheating or doing anything outside of the games limitations and boundaries, much like a reverse overhead.

Torn Banner is going to crutch on their moderators to basically act as a band aid for every small cut in the game. When in actuality these cuts need stitches.

I say bravo to this man, continue to exploit this and let’s see how long it takes a real fix to come.

• I remember that guy this morning, but really just a little silliness, I would think your team could handle it - though sometimes people dont really care about the objective they just run out to fight.

If the new admins are going to post peoples steam accounts for sillyness that is kind of a shame, one would have hoped the admin selection process be better.

• @gregcau:

I remember that guy this morning, but really just a little silliness, I would think your team could handle it - though sometimes people dont really care about the objective they just run out to fight.

If the new admins are going to post peoples steam accounts for sillyness that is kind of a shame, one would have hoped the admin selection process be better.

Yeah I can see a lot of potential admin stupidity happening soon. I am still all for removing all Official servers and let the community police itself. Self rule, rules. I would rather see working remote admin tools and better default configs than more admins.

I know a high ping kicker that kicks at 110 ping would be awesome, hello? Simply change the default vote kick to 65% vote instead of 55% and increasing the time between votes from 30/60 sec to 120 sec would do wonders on the abuse along with increasing team damage fro 50% to 100%. Finally increase the kickban time to 30 to 60 mins, duh. These are no brainers that should have been done at release and there would be little reason for admins.

• To be fair he wasn’t an admin when he posted it.

Still there are reporting methods.

• I have never seen a situation so bad that you could not vote kick someone. I agree servers can basically police themselves, even the hackers. The only “admining” i see anymore are trying to control chat, which can be turned off…?

• Oh hey, People are talking about me, well I remember this event happening and I’ll explain my side of the story.

I was mvp of mason by a long shot(which doesn’t bear well for the rest of the team) in a tough battle against agatha. The way we were going we weren’t going to win. The flag objective is hard so unless you’ve been steamrolling agatha you’re not going to win. I’d been watching my team the entire match and knew we weren’t going to make it. After the initial push ended with us barely making it to first agatha spawn I decided to have fun with the game since we were going to lose anyways.

In my experiences exploring the map I had found in the secondary entrance to the statue destroying objective(someone should really fix and improve that, no one ever uses it and is oftentimes longer than the normal way.) There was a little crevice that for some reason if you went into you went through the wall. This doesn’t really offer any tactical advantage, but I thought it was neat and wanted to show it to more people.

I take the flag, and some people follow me back to the crevice. I show them how I could fit into the wall, even tell them to try hitting me(they probably hit the wall). After about 2-4 minutes of this(we had 8-10 minutes to do the objective, so plenty of time to do the objective) people started complaining and I felt it was getting a little stale so I decided to head back into the battlefield and do the objective. Along the way one of my teammates decided to teamkill me for the flag and when I stopped to type that I was playing for real now he continued to swing at me until I was dead. I typed that I was trying to run the flag to the boat but he was having none of it. He started insulting me and I felt real hurt. His team damage was at around 20% so I felt it was viable to start a vote kick since it appeared he was also hitting other people. The vote failed and in the end we lost the game because mason wasn’t good enough and the last objective is really hard.

As for that comment I made, I really do like the flag. Not having a good flag runner(which oftentimes happens on this map) can prove ruinous for mason, Of course, this wasn’t helped by my need to show everyone the crevice so I’ll say this. I apologize to you and everyone else who felt I was wasting everyone else’s time. I apologize that we lost in a way that was slightly different from the way that we were going to originally lose. I apologize to agatha for being a poor sport and recognizing their talent in an online computer game. I apologize to Reithur for having to create this topic in the main discussion area(isn’t there a dedicated area to post these sorts of topics here?) and for causing a commotion here.

On the flip side, I was vote kicked the next match for having 12% team damage, so it’s not like I got away like some evil mastermind. Vote kick is an effective tool in pub servers to gauge the interests of players. Some votes don’t go my way(like when I vote to kick 200 ping players or people who have been afk for 15 minutes) but that’s just how things go.

• Albatross, might as well be named Hitler 2.

• The story I see above suggests you ruined a game of T/O for the majority of players. noted while on the reband you
    actually got another ban. Why you must be a one man band that nobody understands tbh. With free puns and a
    nice tune tbh.

• @loin:

The story I see above suggests you ruined a game of T/O for the majority of players. noted while on the reband you
    actually got another ban. Why you must be a one man band that nobody understands tbh. With free puns and a
    nice tune tbh.

Yes, in this situation I probably did deserve a kick(and I did get one next game) but the current ban I am facing and the situation surrounding that I feel was not warranted for what had happened as I explained in my other post.

Your rhymes are dope, it makes it easier to cope, the current situation bringing me down, you turned my frown around. Upon further talks with emphasis, the problem that occurred, this genesis, makes me not want to rhyme anymore.

• @Albatross8:

! Oh hey, People are talking about me, well I remember this event happening and I’ll explain my side of the story.
    !
    ! I was mvp of mason by a long shot(which doesn’t bear well for the rest of the team) in a tough battle against agatha. The way we were going we weren’t going to win. The flag objective is hard so unless you’ve been steamrolling agatha you’re not going to win. I’d been watching my team the entire match and knew we weren’t going to make it. After the initial push ended with us barely making it to first agatha spawn I decided to have fun with the game since we were going to lose anyways.
    !
    ! In my experiences exploring the map I had found in the secondary entrance to the statue destroying objective(someone should really fix and improve that, no one ever uses it and is oftentimes longer than the normal way.) There was a little crevice that for some reason if you went into you went through the wall. This doesn’t really offer any tactical advantage, but I thought it was neat and wanted to show it to more people.
    !
    ! I take the flag, and some people follow me back to the crevice. I show them how I could fit into the wall, even tell them to try hitting me(they probably hit the wall). After about 2-4 minutes of this(we had 8-10 minutes to do the objective, so plenty of time to do the objective) people started complaining and I felt it was getting a little stale so I decided to head back into the battlefield and do the objective. Along the way one of my teammates decided to teamkill me for the flag and when I stopped to type that I was playing for real now he continued to swing at me until I was dead. I typed that I was trying to run the flag to the boat but he was having none of it. He started insulting me and I felt real hurt. His team damage was at around 20% so I felt it was viable to start a vote kick since it appeared he was also hitting other people. The vote failed and in the end we lost the game because mason wasn’t good enough and the last objective is really hard.
    !
    ! As for that comment I made, I really do like the flag. Not having a good flag runner(which oftentimes happens on this map) can prove ruinous for mason, Of course, this wasn’t helped by my need to show everyone the crevice so I’ll say this. I apologize to you and everyone else who felt I was wasting everyone else’s time. I apologize that we lost in a way that was slightly different from the way that we were going to originally lose. I apologize to agatha for being a poor sport and recognizing their talent in an online computer game. I apologize to Reithur for having to create this topic in the main discussion area(isn’t there a dedicated area to post these sorts of topics here?) and for causing a commotion here.
    !
    ! On the flip side, I was vote kicked the next match for having 12% team damage, so it’s not like I got away like some evil mastermind. Vote kick is an effective tool in pub servers to gauge the interests of players. Some votes don’t go my way(like when I vote to kick 200 ping players or people who have been afk for 15 minutes) but that’s just how things go.

So are you saying you were temp banned for no reason? What about the feelings of the admin/mod? Don’t you know they have feelings too?

Getting your feelings hurt > good teamplay tbh imo

• @Albatross8:

Yes, in this situation I probably did deserve a kick(and I did get one next game) but the current ban I am facing and the situation surrounding that I feel was not warranted for what had happened as I explained in my other post.

Your rhymes are dope, it makes it easier to cope, the current situation bringing me down, you turned my frown around. Upon further talks with emphasis, the problem that occurred, this genesis, makes me not want to rhyme anymore.

Its not really my cup of tea tbh, but you do seem very good at that dj mixy thingybob. I suggest don’t lose hope
    you will be found , after all the genesis project is about rebirth, look at spock.

• @Albatross8:

You are banned now for that?

What the fuck, that’s fucking unreasonable.

/vote for unban

Edit:
    http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/15346-Ban-Appeals?p=297554&viewfull=1#post297554
    http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/15346-Ban-Appeals?p=297556&viewfull=1#post297556

Holy crap! If there is no reason except the stories he stated the ban is completely unreasonable.
    I don’t even know this guy but those are NO reasons to ban someone.