Discussing what's on and no longer on the telly

• Any avid TV show fans here? Couldn’t find any threads about TV shows in general, so I thought I’d make one for posting about your favourite shows, what you’re currently watching, thoughts on recently aired episodes of TV, TV news, requests and recommendations, (with spoiler tags) and junk like that.

So, what are your favourite shows and what have you been watching, peasants?!

• TD season 2 is amazing

• Game of Thrones is still entertaining but they made some very stupid story decisions this season. I think south park just came back. Walking dead coming up in October. I saw some show called Naked and Afraid which is basically a survival show where they send two naked people into the woods to survive for 20 days. Pretty funny. I also like Face Off which is a makeup fx show. A little drama heavy for my liking but sometimes they make some cool costumes. Also you can’t go wrong with Star Trek: TNG.

• About to binge TD actually, was waiting for the second season to finish. The first season was pretty great, if over hyped. Same with Hannibal, waiting for that to finish before I binge it, shame about it being cancelled.

Ian McShane (Al Swearengen in Deadwood) was cast for an unknown role in season 6 of GoT, although apparently it’s a minor role which sucks. He could easily steal the show if given the right role, even with the various good performances they have on there.

Walking dead coming up in October.

Ugh.

Anyone seen Rectify? Was recommended to me a while ago and I never got around to watching it, would like to hear some more opinions so I can decide if I should prioritise it over Happy Valley or The Returned

• Well atm am watching Arrow season 2 and Revolution season 2 with exmutant on Amazon with slight doses of hell on wheels.
    netflix is fargo boxset a regular repeat watch, The code? with the Tomorrow people. finished Daredevil just .
    have seen deadwood 3 times tbh. Even that sherif went on to make the justified boxsets if you fancy bullens temper hehe.
    opposite my view here is a unit of furniture full of boxsets and video’s for if needed a Year off line in case internet fails.

• I never give spoilers tbh. Even going back on old boxsets of which I have them all in the other
    room still. A-team knightrider sixmillion dollar man, babylon5 all the startreks, movies and boxsets,
    I even have that old water margin boxset. oh yes on some sites I have a purchased collection
    of movies and boxsets on my accounts. never watches terrestial tv? with
    those silly soaps and generic tv rubbish ever.

• Global Moderator

Theres absolutely nothing that interests me on TV apart from documentaries and an occasional movie. The next forseeable thing that will run across the screen is Apocalypse Now.

• Global Moderator

I only got New Zealand TV.

• Top of the Lake is some pretty good looking New Zealand cinematography TV and character studies, if the mystery plot was lacking.

• Global Moderator

@Tummeh:

Top of the Lake is some pretty good looking New Zealand cinematography TV and character studies, if the mystery plot was lacking.

Never heard of it. Researched it. Only aired on the BBCUK channel. Which is on a SkyTV subscription package. A package no one buys. So I bet like 3 people in this country have seen it lol.

We got Shortland street. A wierd hospital drame that stopped being a hospital drama because it’s been running for ages. Shock horror. In the last episode someone murdered someone else and almost murdered another. And now the murderer could be found out by everyone and I don’t know. I only watch the ads for it.

We got american police drama shows, The Voice Australia, superhero drama shows, The Voice Australia, real police shows, The Voice Australia, Friday night comedy shows and The Voice Australia. That’s TV here.

• Walking Dead has a horrible story but I just watch it to see zombies dying in cool ways. Plus I’ve already sat through 5 seasons, might as well keep watching it. Sons of Anarchy just dragged on too, and Dexter, but I had to finish them just so I could never watch them again. Dexter was good up until season 5/6. I’m not a big TV series guy. I want to see the new Mad Max, no way it can be any worse than the new Terminator.

• Global Moderator

Breaking Bad is also top notch. At no point in time did I not want to continue with the next episode.

• @lemonater47:

Never heard of it. Researched it. Only aired on the BBCUK channel. Which is on a SkyTV subscription package. A package no one buys. So I bet like 3 people in this country have seen it lol.

We got Shortland street. A wierd hospital drame that stopped being a hospital drama because it’s been running for ages. Shock horror. In the last episode someone murdered someone else and almost murdered another. And now the murderer could be found out by everyone and I don’t know. I only watch the ads for it.

Not that I’d advocate doing something naughty, but I’ve heard using a proxy or VPN will give you access to ALL4/BBC iPlayer, as well as American & UK versions of Netflix & Amazon Prime. Just one of many ways to get access to more entertainment.

@Oy:

Walking Dead has a horrible story but I just watch it to see zombies dying in cool ways. Plus I’ve already sat through 5 seasons, might as well keep watching it.

Haha, almost the exact same reason I keep watching, but also because I like to hate on it.

• Id recommend the house of cards original and new series , all about questionable people in positions being sneaky
    with plots to take power while moving close friends into places of importance. All sorts of rigging candidates for
    positions while spreading negative spin about non contacts they know. A lot of this is closer to home then you think.
    Off course our hero puts a few good apples in the basket to divert scrutiny. These things always come to light at the
    end as it often comes close in some of the episodes tbh. Not every body is as blind as they’d like to think.
    Esp 3 or 4 of the regular community members of his cabinet hehe, but they hide it well tbh.

• Netflix has some decent content - I liked Daredevil, House of Cards, Sense8 and the 100 (the last one was grittier than I thought it was going to be).

• Why thank you mr Gregcau, I’d forgotten about the 100 , was saving the last 3 episodes from months ago, what a perfect
    day to watch them bbl regards loin

• very good great news tbh. Have watched about 5 seasons, do love that theme tune.

• David Fincher no longer attached to the American remake of Utopia. God knows why that’s even a thing anyway, UK Utopia was top notch–they could easily make an ‘inspired by’ show which isn’t just a copy of the concept.

If anyone hasn’t seen Utopia, definitely give it a watch. It has a killer sound track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsJXfkOlCLw

• Mod

Aww someone else beat me to saying the 100?

I’m currently binge watching Lost

I highly recommend watching a show called “Hell on Wheels”

House of cards, Madmen, Game of Thrones, Vikings, Breaking Bad, The 100 are some good shows

Lot of anti-heroes becoming popular these days but some quality writing for them. Anyone else watch Breaking Bad and wonder what Mr. Fring did in Chile? The Cartel people were all like “you’re not in Chile anymore!” and made other references to his past in Chile but it was never really elaborated on. Also I found the writing in the show was not nearly as strong in the last season(s?) of Breaking Bad as compared to season 1 or 2