I'm so ******* fed up with this game

• I don’t know how much time actual combat takes on average in Chivalry, 20%-30% of your playtime? Between fighting enemies you have to run from spawn, get to the objectives, push the objectives, look for enemies, wait for enemies to appear, sometimes regen health etc.

You know what I do 100% of the time when I’m not fighting?

I’M TRYING TO NOT GET HIT BY THE ARCHERS

Running from spawn like an idiot, walking like and idiot, standing like an idiot, hiding behind stuff like an idiot, always mashing WASD or moving my mouse all over the room.

Add throwables, firepots and ballistas and this game is as much “try no to get hit with shit simulator” as much it is a “First Person Slasher”.

I stopped caring about MAA teleport, broken weapons and retarded backswings some time ago because you meet them only from time to time (at least in team modes for backswings), I just want to relax and cut through some people but recently I’m rather getting tired when playing Chiv. I practically stopped playing Vanguard, because it’s unplayable on some maps, I just can’t stand it anymore.

/rant

• This game could’ve been the game of the decade, imo.
    You can see that by the number of sales and moreover there is no serious competitor.

Yet there is so much wasted potential along with bugs, glitches and bad balancing, that it is only worth playing for shits & giggles.

Don’t take this game serious, it’s the only way to stay sane.

• It’s just pray and slash meta with archers around, I pray that they won’t hit me as I keep fighting opponents.

• play archer erryday.

• Complaing about the time it takes to get to the objective? Try ArmA, you might be able to fire your first shot after 2km of walking. Chivalry is probably the most casual game I own when it comes to the Walk Time to Fight Time ratio. Ofc Chiv isnt trying to be a simulation of any sort.

If you dont like magical MAA and laser guided GBU-82 Arrows just think of Chiv as a LOTR clone without Orcs and Dragons.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbPWe9U4uPU

• Archers are a support class; they support your team by making the opponents ragequit the game.

• @SgtHannes:

Complaing about the time it takes to get to the objective? Try ArmA, you might be able to fire your first shot after 2km of walking. Chivalry is probably the most casual game I own when it comes to the Walk Time to Fight Time ratio. Ofc Chiv isnt trying to be a simulation of any sort.

Ummmm, don’t think you understand what I’m saying. It’s not a problem I have to walk to the objective and do other things than fighting. What is a problem is that I spend ALL of my non-fighting time trying to not get hit by arrows.

As a Vanguard you cant walk straight for 5 seconds after leaving the spawn, I’ve been brought down to 1-10% of health countless times just when stepping out of spawn. The closer you get to the objective the worse it gets, with looking at the ground an zigzagging like moron and dying anyway. On offense in 12v12 on some maps (pretty much all cart pushing objectives, Hillside, king in Stoneshill, last one on Shore) vanguard is barely playable when you have 4 archers that are even semi-familiar with the game at ranks in high 20s, low 30s. Later at evening, when servers are swarming with high ranks you can forget about playing vanguard, bacause rank 50 archers with crossbows will drop you even before see the objective.

• @petergriffin:

Ummmm, don’t think you understand what I’m saying. It’s not a problem I have to walk to the objective and do other things than fighting. What is a problem is that I spend ALL of my non-fighting time trying to not get hit by arrows.

I get it, but I dont see why exactly you are complaing? It’s part of the game and arrows are quite easy to avoid. Jump, twist, turn use shields …… I dont get why its such a big deal. Ofcourse it can be frustrating, but alot of official servers already have a 4 archer limit.

What do you think they should do about it? Ban all archers?

If you really wanna piss off the archers, be one yourself and one shet them till they get mad.

• @SgtHannes:

I get it, but I dont see why exactly you are complaing? It’s part of the game

Too big part.

@SgtHannes:

and arrows are quite easy to avoid.

You have to be kidding. I strafe, run, hide and duck like having a seizure, and it’s still up to them if they hit me or not, even if they’re moderately skilled, I have a mere 20 hours on archer tops and I still can kill people in bunches*. Decent archer, especially with xbow, laughs at your shit when he sees your zigzagging. Now try going up against 4 good archers.

*and if one manages to get through to me (probably badly wounded) I don’t even blink unless it’s an MAA, just ezpz Shortword/dagger and back to shooting.

@SgtHannes:

but alot of official servers already have a 4 archer limit.

What do you think they should do about it? Ban all archers?

4 archer limit per 12 players (33%, and you’re pretty much guaranteed to have them right to the limit) is still too much, for every two melee players you see there’s an archer somewhere. 2 archers for 12v12 and 3 for 16v16 should be passable, ideally 1 archer per 5 melee players.

• Yep, archers are by far the most fucked up thing on this game imo, its the first reason I tend to play more duels then team matches, they just fuck with everything with those goddamn arrows. Not only I have to avoid enemy archers, as I have also to avoid those stupid ass teammates who are trying to steal my frags 1km away, which actually you can’t do shit about it. Its so sad I don’t even know why do we need archers in a melee game in the first place.

SgtHannes, zig-zag doesn’t work (I don’t even walk normal nowadays, even in other games), vanguards don’t have shield and smoke pot is useless. If the archer is good (note that some rank 15 archer can already have fucking good aim due other games) there is no zig zagging that will save your ass.

• http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/22952-Nerf-archers-ranged-combat-damage-against-melee-classes

Look post #4.

If only TB would be willing to balance gameplay again. :s

• Amen brother, i’ve been ranting about archer bullshit for a long time. It is the worst part of the game. Sit back and spectate a comp or pub server and watch how idiotic it looks to see everyone zigzag around just to avoid da ranged mauls. The worst part is how many maps cater to archers by funneling everyone down a small path.

• Oh look, a thread about hating archers! Imagine that!

@SlyGoat:

Archers are a support class; they support your team by making the opponents ragequit the game.

I consider it a public service.
    Sometimes I take light bow and shoot at people’s knees and spam “ARROW TO THE KNEE”.

• @BillDoor:

Oh look, a thread about hating archers! Imagine that!

We should have them daily actually. Imagine the Allies at the end of World War II saying, “Oh, we’re talking about Hitler and war again! Imagine that!”.

• Do people actualy realise how difficult it is to play archers??? You need superb aim, have little life, and your team will gladly sacrifice you at the end of an LTS game.

• Archers should be deleted imo

• Godwin’s Law strikes again!
    @petergriffin:

We should have them daily actually. Imagine the Allies at the end of World War II saying, “Oh, we’re talking about Hitler and war again! Imagine that!”.

• @SgtHannes:

Do people actualy realise how difficult it is to play archers??? You need superb aim, have little life, and your team will gladly sacrifice you at the end of an LTS game.

LOL

/10chars

• Well as a slow and painful recent convert into MERCS mod. I would say that archers are far less annoying in MERCS than the default game. Yes they do flinch you if you get hit while attacking the enemy and that can get you killed. They are still not balanced in the way I would prefer but at least I am not getting 1 shot at range by them. Their melee is still OP of a ranged support class. However and sadly, MERCS still is all about the opening attack being about throwing shit at people, axes and knives. 1 is understandable but 2? I have always thought that was wrong with the amount of damage they do. So yeah I get real tired of getting hit by shit before I even engage.

There are a few more balance issues I am not a fan of but it is a slight improvement over the default game. I say start playing on MERCS modded servers and your attitude and enjoyable playtime will not be filled with screaming “DAMN ARCHERS!” I know it has decreased for me. When I play default, I am always screaming that and posting ARCHER CANCER because that is about the only thing that kills me.

• Revert broadheads.