I'm so ******* fed up with this game

• @Retsnom:

I never understood the anger about the map other than the cart path but that is more of a realism thing cause it would be easier just to carry that stuff along the little river… hehe

Holy shit, I never thought of that. Plot hole.

• The thing about drunken bazaar is that you’ll only ever be able to flank the archers with no game sense, there’s so many places to take cover and avoid being spotted compared to other maps it’s ridiculous. Makes the threat of getting countered out by other archers pretty minimal as well.

• @KingWillie:

Imagine how annoying archers must’ve been in real life? As soon as you get into battle, after walking forever, arrow hits you. But no health regen, or respawn. :O

It’s extremely unlikely archers would be shooting into a melee in real warfare, because they’d be just as likely to hit their own men.

• Most servers know restrict the numbers of archers on a server between 4-6 simply to allow the balance of the overall game to flow. It’d be no fun fighting against a team of 16 archers.

If you find yourself having to push a cart without cover, then a shield will help mitigate the effectiveness of archers.

• it’s not fun fighting a team with 4 archers in either 24 or 32 player servers either, it’s still 2 too many.

• Just carry a shield on your back and sniff teh floor when you are pushing the objective. Don’t try this on scrims though…

• @MonkeyFiend:

Most servers know restrict the numbers of archers on a server between 4-6 simply to allow the balance of the overall game to flow. It’d be no fun fighting against a team of 16 archers.

If you find yourself having to push a cart without cover, then a shield will help mitigate the effectiveness of archers.

Ugh, last night I was on an official cesspool server of 32 players and 4 archer limit and it was still too many. On top of that it was mostly MAAs, 4 archers and 8 MAA, 1 freaking knight on each team with me and another van doing TO. That shit was simply annoying as all get out.
    But we still won @ Drunken Bazzaar and my flanking got me 50+ kills, no one was close.

• Problem is trying to get a balance, knights and heavy TO players will think even 1 archer is too many, archers on the other hand would like to see more archers.

The general consensus was 4 per 24-32but you can’t please everyone all of the time.

That being said I believe there are some 0 archer servers, but they’re not very popular

• @Xylvion:

it’s not fun fighting a team with 4 archers in either 24 or 32 player servers either, it’s still 2 too many.

^^ This, 4 archers is too many on the 32 player servers and a complete joke on the 24 player ones.

• @MonkeyFiend:

archers on the other hand would like to see more archers.

???
    if you’re playing archer, any archer on the opposing team is an enemy that actually has a good chance at killing you, why would you want it?

• @Albert!:

???
    if you’re playing archer, any archer on the opposing team is an enemy that actually has a good chance at killing you, why would you want it?

Good point, so if all the servers only have 1 archer slot - everyone is happy?

• Mod

@gregcau:

Good point, so if all the servers only have 1 archer slot - everyone is happy?

Sling shouldn’t count towards an archer slot because it actually requires some skill and battle sense.

• @Tyoson:

Sling shouldn’t count towards an archer slot because it actually requires some skill and battle sense.

Not really, sling is like javelins but with less damage and slightly slower, you can continue throwing them 24/7.

• 5 is Archer limit with an easy exploit.

• I should have specifically said archers don’t like fighting other archers, but they do like more potential archers slots. Archers get cranky when the want to be archer but can’t because all the slots are full :P

• There is no pub fight where no projectiles are involved. It’s a shame.

Surrounded by enemies, shot by archer. #justchivalrythings

• @MonkeyFiend:

I should have specifically said archers don’t like fighting other archers, but they do like more potential archers slots. Archers get cranky when the want to be archer but can’t because all the slots are full :P

Waaaa and good ridding. The last two Official servers I played on it was all archers/Javs and maa. I left both, no point in playing in that cesspool.

• Well, personally I’d love to see 3 archer per team max on 32 player servers, and 2 max on 24 player servers. Even one good archer can be frustrating to face, and 4 is just terrible. What’s even worse is when your team’s archers are bad and can’t counter the other team’s archers, letting them take potshots at the rest of your team constantly. Even when you zigzag/ use shields/ do the thriller dance, a good archer can still hit you a lot of the time.

I question the sanity of anyone who thinks the 4-archer limit is “just right” especially on 24-player servers. Why not lower the archer limit and see if people like it, instead of just scoffing out of hand?

• There are never 4 good archers on a team on public servers. 2 at best. Mostly it’s some level 8 guy who can’t hit a vanguard walking in a straight line.
    Ya’ll make me want to play some archer tonight.

• There’s a 1 archer limit 26 player server in EU, and many times when I’ve played archers I’ve had enemies complain about ‘too many archers’ yet there’s only one. But hey, archers carry the game so much, it’s not even funny.