Mass crashing

• Been experiencing/witnessing a ridiculous amount of mass crashes lately, even on maps that previously had no issues. Citadel is still a big one for it, 80% of the server will ctd on the second stage more often than not, and occasionally it’ll happen on other maps like Battlegrounds and Outpost.

Anyone at TB able to look into why this is still an issue?

Server stability also seems to be deteriorating, can barely get through an entire round with 32 players without everyone experiencing massive spikes, jitters or the server crashing outright, regardless of map. Could just be the Australian servers though, who knows.

• I have encountered a similar problem on Asian servers. Not to this extend though. But the crashes happen more frequently than before, I think.

What happens to me personally is a tremendous amount of crashes regarding my own game. Lately I paid attention to that and can safely say, that my game crashes everytime I try to play chiv for at least 3-4 times on average before I can play. No matter what kind of map/server I join. No matter what situation (walking, mid-fight, loadout). The record is currently seven times.

I verified the game, reinstalled the game. I have nothing altered in my config than uncapping fps. I play on medium graphical settings and my machine should be more than able to handle that. Drivers are always updated.

Short description:
    It`s a laptop on Windows 8.1 with huge fans. There is no problem with overheating. I can play Witcher 3, the Kingdom Come: Deliverance Tech Alpha, Skyrim, GTA 5 etc without problems.

• Intel Core i7-4710HQ CPU @ 2,50Ghz
    • 16GB RAM
    • GeForce GTX 970M (4GB)

I tried installing the game on my SSD and HDD. No difference.

This happens ever since the last patch. Before that I had the “Normal” amount of crashes, mostly when I changed my loadout or on maps like citadel.

Does anyone else encounter the same issue?

• It happens a couple of days ago to me and other people on the server all at once whilst playing citadel.

• That map is the usual problem tbh. I mentioned before you can even reboot pc, rejoin that server and retain your scores.
    Its so bad it doesn’t even know its dropped players. Plus the ingame browser, rightclick a server , check players on server
    cancel, at this point if you refresh server lists or join a server you in line for a game crash, usualling 1 or 2 games later.
    I’d suggest remove citadel map but for 24 slot or lower T/O servers, plus remove any option to right click on server status
    with the in game browser. Immho tbh.

• Marv have you tried running 32-bit mode?

• Yep I also tried that Dudeface. And compatibility mode, run as admin etc pp.

What I did yesterday after everything else I could think of failed, is unistalling the game again and wiping all files in “c/documents/mygames/chivalrymedievalwarfare”.

Seems to work so far. Maybe with all the customization to load and whatnot was unknowingly changed in the config over time the game had trouble to work properly. Who knows. ^^

• Has anyone noticed the CMW.exe process’ size in memory before these crashes? Sometimes my Chivalry will crash (75% of the time) when the server switches to Citadel and I’ve noticed a coincidence: Chiv feels stuttery as fuck (with 20 fps sudden frame drops) and it’s about 2200-2400 MB in memory.

• On multiple occasions, I have mass crashed with every player in the server on objective 2 of Citadel, and objective 1 of Cove. CMW.exe stopped responding, when reconnecting to the server, it was empty but time and score remained.

• @Alphonse:

Has anyone noticed the CMW.exe process’ size in memory before these crashes? Sometimes my Chivalry will crash (75% of the time) when the server switches to Citadel and I’ve noticed a coincidence: Chiv feels stuttery as fuck (with 20 fps sudden frame drops) and it’s about 2200-2400 MB in memory.

Haven’t actually sussed this out myself yet, will do so next time it happens.

@Caliko:

On multiple occasions, I have mass crashed with every player in the server on objective 2 of Citadel, and objective 1 of Cove. CMW.exe stopped responding, when reconnecting to the server, it was empty but time and score remained.

This is pretty much it. I know it’s been happening on citadel stage 2 for a while, but it only ever used to be citadel iirc, now it’s happening on both old and new maps. Just glad it doesn’t seem to be occurring on Dark Forest or Stoneshill as of yet.

• Chivalry frequently goes over 3GB RAM usage on many maps for me no crashes. Its always done.

• Mod

There’s definitely been some issues with the Australian servers lately. All the official servers seem to be down except for horde town. Getting constant complaints about lag too, although to me it seems more stable than usual. 80 ping instead of 100+ at the moment.

• @lemonater47:

Chivalry frequently goes over 3GB RAM usage on many maps for me no crashes. Its always done.

Mine always crashes. Normal memoy for Chiv is 1900-2100.
    Any idea what could cause this unstability on my end? Medium settings, Win7 Sp1, Amd card w/2 Gb vram.

• @Alphonse:

Mine always crashes. Normal memoy for Chiv is 1900-2100.
    Any idea what could cause this unstability on my end? Medium settings, Win7 Sp1, Amd card w/2 Gb vram.

It’s Chivalry……

• So uhh, witnessed a mass crash on Dark Forest last night. The final bastion of hope in a dying game has fallen.

GG TBS.

If there’s anything we can do to help diagnose the problem, please let us know.

• Mod

@LTTLWLF:

So uhh, witnessed a mass crash on Dark Forest last night. The final bastion of hope in a dying game has fallen.

GG TBS.

If there’s anything we can do to help diagnose the problem, please let us know.

Did the server crash, or was it a crash to desktop for most the server?

• @Tyoson:

Did the server crash, or was it a crash to desktop for most the server?

From the description earlier in the post it was a mass disconnect, where half (or more) the server crash to desktop. The remaining players stay behind. We’ve also seen where everyone crashes to desktop but the server itself doesn’t crash (as if it crashes it’d restart of the default map from the start line) whereas the server remains on the current map.

We’ve seen this anecdotally through several maps including stoneshill and citadel ~ citadel is infamous for it after the palisade stage when people begin to free the slaves.

Currently there was no definitive link - people say it crashes less running in 32 bit however in one round a person might ctd then playing the same map at the same point later others with ctd but they’ll remain behind.

• Mod

It seems the server struggling may cause it. It started lagging out majorly on hideout and dropped a few players. I reset the map. It still continued to chop up and lag so the map changed to dark forest. More then half the server “abandoned battle” the rest left voluntarily.

• From what you describe with lagging does everyone’s ping shoot up? It could well be the agatha spawn bug or related bug. Changing the map sometimes fixes it, however sometimes just bombs out in the way you mention

• @MonkeyFiend:

From what you describe with lagging does everyone’s ping shoot up? It could well be the agatha spawn bug or related bug. Changing the map sometimes fixes it, however sometimes just bombs out in the way you mention

No one’s ping shoots up and there aren’t any stutters/spikes that precede it, groups of people just CTD with no warning. The server almost always stays up and running on the same map with a few players spared as well, it’s really weird haha.

• Citadel still has its 95% crash chance on the 2nd stage… for like 2 years already?