Am I missing something or?

• As I was looking over the Steam forums for Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, I found a mysteriously locked thread. (http://steamcommunity.com/app/219640/discussions/0/828923952118295460/)

Assuming the thread was locked due to being “necro’d”, I checked the Rules and Guidelines For Steam: Discussions, Reviews, and User Generated Content and I was unable to find any violation that would result in the thread being locked pertaining to a “necro”. However, I did find that post #14 violated Backseat Moderating, but to my surprise, moderator poster #15 obliged to the backseat moderator.

Am I missing something? Was this topic lock justified? Or is this simply poor moderation?

• You care enough about a twice-necro’d thread to post about it here?

• maybe the dude who created it doesn’t want popups about it 3 years later? But hey, whatever flows your boat.

• The 2nd bump was also pretty off-topic.

So basically Caliko sod off.

• I lock lots of necro’d threads though. Better people make new ones, especially if the thread they are bumping is related to old bugs and shit that is already fixed or entirely different now.

• Not to mention any names, but there was a guy who posted 15 new threads that one day, each containing a seperate question ….

Talking about closing threads, hehe.

• Xylvion’s fault.

• @lemonater47:

Xylvion’s fault.

Rude, how dare you? My uncle at steam will ban you tbh.

• @Xylvion:

maybe the dude who created it doesn’t want popups about it 3 years later?

Maybe he does?

@Rudeface:

The 2nd bump was also pretty off-topic.
    So basically Caliko sod off.

Why should I sod off? I was merely asking a question, 9th post into this thread, and still unanswered clearly with snarky responses. The thread was actually not that off topic, your defensive demeanor insinuates that you are possibly deluded? The only thing off topic in that thread was the corrupted bureaucratic outcries about “necromancy”.

• lol the 2nd guy is looking for friends to play with… in a thread about achievement bugs. Not off topic? Vaguely related because it’s the same cheevo I guess. I answered your question already tbh.

Frankly tired of crass turds jumping down mods’ throats over trivially moderated things. You entirely lack perspective, all you wanna do is stick it to the man or just rabble rouse in general :)

• @dudeface:

lol the 2nd guy is looking for friends to play with… in a thread about achievement bugs. Not off topic? Vaguely related because it’s the same cheevo I guess. I answered your question already tbh.

Frankly tired of crass turds jumping down mods’ throats over trivially moderated things. You entirely lack perspective, all you wanna do is stick it to the man or just rabble rouse in general :)

Are you possessed by Loin and Oy at the same time?

• smh, tbh. :D

• Mod

If I could give my field of view which is 90 and never any more. I must say that necro threads are not needed and are interrupting my scifi boxset marathon tbh.

• This post is deleted!