Still no admins, racism and votekick abuse goes unpunished.

• I’ve been votekicked from 3 servers in 30 mins tonight one group saw fit to call me a ****** before doing so, all on official servers and all just because they wanted to take the server over as low ranks. I checked the admin chat and there isn’t an admin in sight, like there hasn’t been for months.

• Mod

Just wondering which servers this happened on? Also a region and time you were playing would be handy as well. Sorry for your bad experience. Hopefully can get this sorted.

• I don’t get why TBS don’t implement the ‘bad-words-filter’ and remove slurs instead, that way there would be no problems and everyone can skip down the yellow brick road together.

• Mod

Some words are only bad when used in the wrong context. Word filters tend to not work correctly. It’s also an R18+ game so some use of bad language should be allowed within reason. Racism and hate talk directed personally is always a big no no though.

• If you’re in Europe, you’re just very slightly out of luck since at least two of us are away from home right now (Valind and me), but you should still be able to contact one of the others. Maybe try friending one of the admins ?
    I don’t know if I can manage to stay on the admin chat with my phone but I’ll sure try.

• I’ve noticed a lot of this and feel your pain… :\ I wish there was some block communication button at least… I’ve not once seen an admin help out in a situation, because I haven’t seen any and it’s super frustrating. I think I applied a little late but I’m hoping to change that! Just stick through it and enjoy the game!

• Just hide the chat or pay more attention to the game and ignore the chat. You can also make the chat transparent so that you can barely see it as well.

• Don’t get offended by what people say on the internet.

• @smokingbobs:

Don’t get offended by what people say on the internet.

This guy gets it.

• @LTTLWLF:

This guy gets it.

I am sure Hitler made the same argument - dont worry about saying anything about the Jews, its not worth caring about, because they were jews. I am sure the south of USA made the same argument about the blacks.

There is a reason some people stand up to assholes, its not about a one off flippant comment from a junky kid high on pot, it is about a principal which I am sure you do not understand because your parents never taught you anything worthwhile.

Sure slavery or extermination of everyone jewish is not coming back anytime soon but one day, maybe when you are older, probably never you will realize that some little people need to stand up to dick heads and just say no.

• @gregcau:

I am sure Hitler made the same argument

See, Even hitler is smart enough to know that you shouldn’t care about what people say on the internet. Just mute them and have fun. You can’t stop people from being jerks. Especially if they get to be anonymous.

“Hatred only wins if you’re weak enough to accept it.”- General Firefly

• @gregcau:

I am sure Hitler made the same argument - dont worry about saying anything about the Jews, its not worth caring about, because they were jews. I am sure the south of USA made the same argument about the blacks.

There is a reason some people stand up to assholes, its not about a one off flippant comment from a junky kid high on pot, it is about a principal which I am sure you do not understand because your parents never taught you anything worthwhile.

Sure slavery or extermination of everyone jewish is not coming back anytime soon but one day, maybe when you are older, probably never you will realize that some little people need to stand up to dick heads and just say no.

You just compared ignoring trolls on the internet to the holocaust. I’m sure if I was of jewish descent and directly affected by such a thing I’d be pretty angry about such a comparison.

But hey >
    @smokingbobs:

Don’t get offended by what people say on the internet.

• Regardless of what some players think about hate-speech on the internet, it is still against rules set by TB who do care what people say on their game.

If you see any racism/homophobia/hate-speech which you feel is against the rules, check to see if any mods are on the Chivalry Server Admin group chat, and if no one is on you can leave a discussion post (preferably with screenshots of abuses) and we will get our magnifying glasses out and investigate.

For further information on server rules and reporting read: http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/16668-INFORMATION-Playing-on-officials-amp-Dealing-with-Violations

• or feel free to try and add any of the mods personally :)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/MonkeyFiend

• @gregcau:

Godwin’s Law, you fail.

• Don’t like what’s on TV? Turn the channel. Getting your feelings hurt from stuff said in chat? TURN CHAT OFF. We got enuff SJW’s on the rest of the internets.

• @Retsnom:

Godwin’s Law, you fail.

thats a thing? haha funny

• @Hammertime:

Don’t like what’s on TV? Turn the channel. Getting your feelings hurt from stuff said in chat? TURN CHAT OFF. We got enuff SJW’s on the rest of the internets.

Yeah but Doom 4 and Fallout 4 are too violent though.

• @Hammertime:

Don’t like what’s on TV? Turn the channel. Getting your feelings hurt from stuff said in chat? TURN CHAT OFF. We got enuff SJW’s on the rest of the internets.

Or the servers are provided by TB with a most basic set of rules of behavior that should just be common sense, however there’s an air of ‘no consequences’ on the internet that people seem pander towards under the guise of ‘freedom of speech’ etc

Better than your TV analogy, imagine the servers like a privately owned beach, where the owners have allowed the public to join - kids playing, people having picnics. Then some douchebag turns up, starts kicking sand over everyone and hurling abuse at them. Should people just ignore it and leave or should they take action? - irl said action might be calling the police or someone to deal with said behavior.

• @MonkeyFiend:

Or the servers are provided by TB with a most basic set of rules of behavior that should just be common sense, however there’s an air of ‘no consequences’ on the internet that people seem pander towards under the guise of ‘freedom of speech’ etc

Better than your TV analogy, imagine the servers like a privately owned beach, where the owners have allowed the public to join - kids playing, people having picnics. Then some douchebag turns up, starts kicking sand over everyone and hurling abuse at them. Should people just ignore it and leave or should they take action? - irl said action might be calling the police or someone to deal with said behavior.

Sorry not a good or applicable analogy as the technology can be self policing, if you actually employ it, as in turn off chat, make it more transparent/smaller, and or simply ignore it and play the damn game. IKR? Is it really that much to ask to simply ignore? Hell I rarely if ever pay attention to chat. You wanna know why? Cause I am too busy playing the damn game nor do I care what some douche is ranting about unless I am bitching about archers and that is the only reason for chat… it to bitch. So who cares? Really?