Tenosia faction mod

• I am working on a faction mod. Tenosia, with 4 new playermodels (one for every class) +1 Tenosian peasant modell. The mod will also contain a complete set of new weaponskins.
    If you want to help you can join the project! Contact me here in this forum.
    The Tenosian faction will get a look with elements of: the midle east, turkey, persia and india.
    No ugly fantasy crap. I like it realistic.

If this mod will be a succes I will add a fourth secret faction.

some early pictures:

• Sweet ! I don’t know if this mod will be finished in the near future, but I’d like it to. The indian-styled pommels and swords look interesting, I hope you’re having some fun making them. Thumbs up !

• Pretty neat, but I think all your handles are way too fat.

• @Valinde: I want to finish this in only a few weeks. But i can not promise it.

@Dudeface: The handles are so fat because they have the original proportions taken from the pictures. I will change and make them useable for the game of course.

• Global Moderator

A few weeks? That’s incredibly optimistic.

• well this could be interesting. Could you make a Jack Bauer mod after like that 24 tv series I am watching
    back to back atm? We could have tibby as the main hero with dudeface and the admins as the CTU agents
    with some plot, medieval off course. perhaps rescue each member of the Dev team with tibby in the story
    line with even german borsh in armour on some maps.

• This post is deleted!

• @Lemonater47
    Yes it is. But otherwise if I would have 8 hours each day to do that i would really finish it very quickly. I modelled a baseball bat in less than 2 minutes. The swords and the fork took me not much more than an hour. Modelling works very fast for me. UV-unwraping and texturing take me much more time. But that is because i don’t have much experience with them yet. With growing experience my speed will increase here too. Someone here in the forum offered me help with the textures. Together this will be done faster.

@Loin
    24 in medieval sounds a little bit crazy to me :D if i understood you right, you want to make/play a single player mod with a story line like the tv series?

I thought about a singleplayer mod like that too. Maybe a robin hood scenario would be funny. Coop missions with different characters. And everyone has special abilities.
    One character is a good bowmen and can sneak. Another one can fight heavy armored enemies best . One can climb up walls or can confuse enmies…
    There once was a 2d game like that. The funny thing is, the fighing system is similar to chivalry but from a topdown perspective.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Az7eDkaS5iU
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1jbzQDMi3E

the teoniosian vanguard will look like this:

• Global Moderator

Well If you ever need more experience talk to me. I could use some good modellers for another mod for another UE3 game.

• @warelephant:

the teoniosian vanguard will look like this:

This is very cool man!! Can’t wait to see your mod tbh, good luck with everything m8!

• Well it has been a while since I opened this topic. I paused working on this mod for a very long time for various reasons. shame But I will continue the work in a few days.

Here is a quick sketch I did today. It shows all the helmets and headwear I want to model. I hope you can recognize something^^

The next step I will do is to finish the final concept drawings. The drawings are needed to model the Figures in 3D.
    For the weapons I don’t need to make drawings, I already collected all photos I need. I also read some books about Oriental Armor over the Christmas time. I decided which weapons and Armor will be used by each class and how the design will look like.

• Well it has been a while since I opened this topic. I paused working on this mod for a very long time for various reasons. shame But I will continue the work in a few days.

Here is a quick sketch I did today. It shows all the helmets and headwear I want to model. I hope you can recognize something^^

The next step I will do is to finish the final concept drawings of the figures. The drawings are needed to model the Figures in 3D.
    For the weapons I don’t need to make drawings, I already collected all photos I need. I also read some books about Oriental Armor over the Christmas time. I decided which weapons and Armor will be used by each class and how the design will look like.

• @warelephant

Concept art:

Tenosian beard fashion:
    0_1459266742136_Tenosian_beard_fashion3.png
    Tenosian Peasant:
    0_1459266726446_Chivalry_peasant_t.png

• Here is the rest of the concept art. Wasted enough time with concept drawing, reasearching and deciding ideas : (
    The next step will be to modell everything in 3d. The 3D Modells will of course be morde detailed than the 2D concepts. The concepts are just a help for modelling and getting an idea how everything will look like.
    I will modell a “basemesh” and than the different costumes for every class. I plan to do that as a modular system so that parts (body/clothing) can be shared and copied among eachother. This will save alot of time.

Tenosia faction characteristics:

• lighter armor than Mason/Agatah
    • wearing turbans/ Turbans around helmets
    • conic formed helmets
    • oriental Clothing and ornaments
    • green faction color -> green is not used by Agatah and Masons and its also the color of Islam that fits well to the desert theme of there homeland
    • Tenosians wear decorative items like feathers and other stuff on their headwear
    • all Tenosian classes will have the abillity to disguise their faces behind fabric or chainmail
    • The Tenosian continent will have 4 different cultures that are inspired by real life cultures -> 1. The Beduin/Arabic desert people, 2. The Turks, 3. Persians, 4. India
      The plan is to make 4 modell variants for each class. 1 for each culture.
    • Some weapons were not used by those cultures so I had to borrow them by their neigbourhood cultures. You will get some very exotic peices to play with.

Weapons
    alt text

Archer
    alt text

MAA
    alt text

Vanguard
    alt text

Knight
    alt text